"Severe Wound" status, what is it?

I had written the following articles a few weeks ago:

Open Wounds, Deep Wounds, Serious Open Wounds, Deadly Wounds.

I didn't publish them then because I was unsure about possible balance issues that I reported, but since there is no response there you go. I was unable to finish the testing of Deadly Wounds, so it is unknown what it actually does.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "severe", but you can look up your weapon in the articles and find out.

I didn't publish them then because I was unsure about possible balance issues that I reported, but since there is no response there you go. I was unable to finish the testing of Deadly Wounds, so it is unknown what it actually does.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "severe", but you can look up your weapon in the articles and find out.

Oh, the Severe Wound is a mod for the SW CA Demonic Blow. It's the gold mod.

Mind Reader! lol ,me and Zinsho were just talking about this... Good job Trust!

:o

gogo

Ah nice one trust. We really needed that. Oh and as luck would have it I had just come across an explanation of Open Wounds by a dev. I made the notable adjustments to your awesome work. :o

Ok Zin. Will do.

Something I had a hard time to understand was the word "proc". I'll admit I had little certainty on what "Chance to proc" meant. After a bit of googling it appears as though the word proc is jargon for "cause". Can we use cause instead? Some people won't know what proc is and worse still is it might make future translations a problem. Cool word but it might be best to stick to plain English. :o

Yes, I might have messed up the actual damage numbers, who knows how these things work in this game... If a dev says that, it's probably correct.

Open and Serious definitely should use the same percentages though.

We can use "chance to cast" then, if you haven't edited it already :o

edit: This part now confuses me a little:

The enemy will sustain five hits (each hit 1 second after the other), total damage of which is 50% of the wounding blow's Physical damage composition. (If your hit dealt 100 damage of pure Physical damage and triggered OW, the enemy will take five hits of 50 damage each).

I think if I do 100 damage and trigger it, and it does a total of 50%, it should do five hits of 10 damage each instead of 50. That's what my testing indicates, anyway. I'm not sure what the dev meant by it.

Edited by Antitrust

Ah, need to add 1 more bit to it. It's 50% of initial hit from Physical damage before enemy armor is accounted for. :o For the replacement of "proc" I was thinking "cause" might be great since it's what the game uses. Readers will comprehend better when staying close to in game reference. Cast on the other hand seems a bit strange to me with relation to an action that is beyond direct control of the player unlike a spell for example. Just my opinion of course and my #1 concern is the readers. :)

The dev did write well in English and the explanation was quite concise. Though there's always a chance that it isn't working quite right. Did you test with pure Physical damage?

Ah, need to add 1 more bit to it. It's 50% of initial hit from Physical damage before enemy armor is accounted for.

I guess it makes sense. Armor then reduces the bleed damage.

For the replacement of "proc" I was thinking "cause" might be great since it's what the game uses. Readers will comprehend better when staying close to in game reference. Cast on the other hand seems a bit strange to me with relation to an action that is beyond direct control of the player unlike a spell for example. Just my opinion of course and my #1 concern is the readers.

I intended to use the same template for other mods as well, so I posted it that way. I'm pretty much done with it, so put it any way you like. "Proc" is the word for bonuses triggered on hitting enemies or being hit, btw :o

The enemy will sustain five hits (each hit 1 second after the other), total damage of which is 50% of the wounding blow's Physical damage composition. (If your hit dealt 100 damage of pure Physical damage and triggered OW, the enemy will take five hits of 50 damage each).

Actually, what I meant to say is that the math doesn't add up here, both in theory and in practice.

If you do 100 damage and trigger OW, the total Bleed damage would then be 50%, which is 50 damage total. That is being split in five hits, each of them does about 10 damage (though in practice it looks more like 10-10-10-10-9).

If you say it does 50 damage ber Bleed, and does it five times, the total Bleed damage is 250, which doesn't make sense.

Ah, I didn't know that the animation is used for different effects. I noticed this red cloud around the head of monsters after using Ruthless Mutilation (it has -movement speed).

I intended to use the same template for other mods as well, so I posted it that way. I'm pretty much done with it, so put it any way you like. "Proc" is the word for bonuses triggered on hitting enemies or being hit, btw ;)

Ayup, I had found a description for it on World of Warcraft wiki which makes me wonder if the use of proc is popularized by WoW?

Actually, what I meant to say is that the math doesn't add up here, both in theory and in practice.

If you do 100 damage and trigger OW, the total Bleed damage would then be 50%, which is 50 damage total. That is being split in five hits, each of them does about 10 damage (though in practice it looks more like 10-10-10-10-9).

If you say it does 50 damage ber Bleed, and does it five times, the total Bleed damage is 250, which doesn't make sense.

Actually it could I think. In Sacred 1 it was possible to cause open wounds like that and way more. In fact I think it was possible to cause an open wound damage that was higher than the initial hit. Though I don't think opponent armor was calculated like it is now. As for testing in Sacred 2 I just ran a simple one and here's what I observed:

Sloeford Wolf: (resistance is 100% physical)

Initial Hit = 2600

Open Wound = 1350 (270x5)

51.9%

Initial Hit = 2283

Open Wound = 1300 (260x5)

56.9%

Initial Hit = 1600

Open Wound = 965 (193x5)

60.3%

Initial Hit = 902

Open Wound = 600 (120x5)

66.5%

Swamp Olm (resistance is approx. 25% physical)

without chance to critical hit

Initial Hit = 1998

Open Wound = 1340 (268x5)

67.1%

with 37% chance to critical hit

Initial Hit = 1878

Open Wound = 1260 (252x5)

67.1%

Moldered Zombie (resistance is approx. 25% physical)

without crit

Initial Hit = 1723

Open Wound = 1540 (308x5)

89.4%

with 37% chance to critical hit

Initial Hit = 1097

Open Wound = 1065 (213x5)

97.1%

Initial Hit = 1404

Open Wound = 1300(260x5)

92.6%

I never played WoW, however I got to knowing it from D2, and when I google it I see that it traces it's roots all the way back into rogue-likes etc. And the OW effect is interesting, I will say I've seen poison/etc doing lots of damage lately on my dryad, with damage lore mastery (as in 2-4k damage hits, 1.3k+ dot)

Shouldn't the page on Serious Open Wounds and/or Ilgard's Judgement have a note about the dangerous bug associated with "Serious Open Wounds"? The email I received from Heye Voss confirmed that neither of those two are safe.

I'm pretty much done with it, so put it any way you like. "Proc" is the word for bonuses triggered on hitting enemies or being hit, btw ;)

Thanks Trust. The work you did on these pages is incredible, I won't even ask how much time you had to spend on the testing. Nice touch with the animated gif.

Regarding Chance to "proc"...well, from my first thought that it had something to do with procure to proctology, what came into my mind was that someone like me who's pretty well-read on gaming and who's vocabulary isn't half-bad was at first confused with the word. I even had to look it up in a dictionary, which confused me even more with it's description and then went to find links in google which came up with definitions from WOW. In a case like this, wiki policy has always been as much as possible to mirror the language of the game.

As the game uses "inflict" I believe this word probably has the highest chance of disseminating the information quickly without sending readers even quicker to their dictionaries. ;) Edits are complete on the pages, and again, thanks for, again, an incredibly thorough writeup.

I must say, the numbers on these mods are fantastic. Is this the new WIDD for Sacred 2?

:)

gogo