Ideas on how to stop losing characters to Quest Enemy Bug?

I don't usually like to complain/rant (well not in a serious manner) but I'm really thinking of shelving the game if this next patch doesn't fix a few things. I can handle losing toons to lag, getting ctd's and servers being down fairly often. But lately I've been losing too many toons to Quest Enemy bug and areas that do not reset to my level even after no one's been there for several minutes.

The one safe option for me is to start my own server and head to whatever area I want. But that is a poor choice when everyone I want to play with is already online playing in another server. I try to be conscious of where everyone is and who started server, but sometimes you get caught up in playing and lose track of where you are in regards to bugged enemies. The part that irritates me the most is I know this was reported as early as Sept/Oct and it still isn't fixed.

I know the preliminary notes on new patch mention that the Tree Boss in Dryad Isles is fixed but no mention of the quest enemies bug. I thought both bugs were basically the same. So I got my fingers crossed next patch works, I'll wait til then. But if it isn't fixed I'm going to look for another game to play. Just isn't fun anymore the way it is.

Knuckles, I am hearing similar feelings from others about Sacred 2.

Its such a shame that its turning out like this. S1 had its bugs but it was so much more party friendly than Sacred 2.

Split servers, dark toons not able to play with light toons, chat interface that doesn't allow whispers to be acknowledged, lag problems...the game is really an online nightmare

I can only hope that Ascaron makes the online experience much better than it currently is.

I am not at the frustration level you are at now Knuckles but I know I'm not far from it.

It would be such a shame to lose you from the servers mate. Please reconsider for those of us that love seeing you online. :D

And fair enough....stay around till the next patch..okay?..deal? :Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by stubbie
Knuckles, I am hearing similar feelings from others about Sacred 2.

Its such a shame that its turning out like this. S1 had its bugs but it was so much more party friendly than Sacred 2.

Split servers, dark toons not able to play with light toons, chat interface that doesn't allow whispers to be acknowledged, lag problems...the game is really an online nightmare

I can only hope that Ascaron makes the online experience much better than it currently is.

I am not at the frustration level you are at now Knuckles but I know I'm not far from it.

It would be such a shame to lose you from the servers mate. Please reconsider for those of us that love seeing you online. :)

And fair enough....stay around till the next patch..okay?..deal? :Just_Cuz_21:

Stop whining and suck it up Knuckles.. otherwise I'll have to focus on Shadow Warrior tactics all by myself and what fun would that be :D I agree there are some stupid bugs and the light dark no party thing is really kinda dumb. They could have done it better.. maybe made it so that if you partied with oppoisite alignment you do not recieve buffs or somethign from them but could party and such. In any case even with the light dark thing it is workable. I have even started making light characters so that I can party with fellows who are not quite as inclined to the darker side as me :P Made a really hot High elf latley... way hotter than my grungy grey Shadow Warrior.... hell maybe I should start focusing on the chicks.. they look Sooooo much better!

Knuckles I really started to lose intrest aswell, but the cure for me was to play in groups, its alot more fun to be 2 or 3 running around, so im starting new toons with other and trying to keep the same level as them :Just_Cuz_21:

and while I am speaking of it, have you leveld your HE yet Shadow? :D

I have to agree with Knuckes.

How many people on this forum (and on the official ones, of course) complain about numerous bugs? A lot. How many play hardcore? A lot. How many lose toons because of the bugs? Yes, a lot.

It is all too good and well to play online, have fun, and all that, but if you lose so much time to get somewhere, yet have fun, but die from a random bug - that's just sick and unfair. This is time. Time is precious and can be wasted in many ways. In addition to that, it is very important to have GOOD time. If something irritates you, makes you clobber the PC like a madman... Just drop it. I understand how some people would feel. Cthulhu had the same problems here... Wickedly powerful toon in Ilgard's set, dead from a bug.

I'm sad to say, that based on past experience with the patches, the new ones tend to fix stuff and cause more problems. Let's hope I'm VERY, VERY wrong. I will be really pleased if I'm wrong.

Edited by Dobri

Oh I'm sticking around til next patch :D

I guess what frustrates me most is this...

I'm a build tinkerer, I'm constantly trying new things or tweaking existing builds I've done. So I mule Gold, runes and equip down from my other higher toons. After setting up the new toon I'll head out to level it and always run into bugged quest enemies or over-spawns and I'm dead. So I lose everything I muled down. I'm to the point where I don't want to make any new toons, and unfortunately that is one of the things I enjoy most. Usually once I reach Niob, or for Sacred 2 maybe Plat, I don't continue grinding. I've proven the build works and spending hours grinding those last lvls to 200 doesn't really appeal to me. So I'll start a new toon at that point, but the bugs I've mentioned affect new toons far more often than higher level toons.

Because of these bugs it's taken one of the things I enjoy most and turned it into one that lately has aggravated me the most :Just_Cuz_21:

Knuckles, I may have been killed by this bug when I was starting but never lately. Then again, after the early levels I guess it's me always starting servers.

Maybe there are some tips we could use here regarding this? Is there ways of raising the level of our caution and awareness that we can maybe write out for everyone so that this doeesn't happen? I know that working with new toons is very very dangerous...maybe for certain very low levels, like one to ten peeps should understand that everyone is leveling on their own?

Or...we could set up in advance with friends and WE start up the server to and then monitor all the levels that have come in?

Maybe we can write up guidelines?

Our clan is starting to get pretty big so insight into this is needed, and with growing numbers, we can definitely raise awareness, while keeping the sociality going as well the extra experience from grouping.

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Interesting idea gogo

I think the only way to really solve it is to make our own Dark/DA servers again...at least for lower level toons..a bit anti-social but, considering the risks otherwise, it's the only feasible solution I can think of. It would be asking a lot of other clan member but maybe we need to create every server with a level 1 toon. Or if someone makes a new toon and enters a populated server would everyone already in game be willing to quit that server and let the member who made new toon set up a new one?

Also would like if the HE lands were semi-off limits to toons higher than maybe level 15, or at least don't go into Sloeford for any reason like shopping. I've died a few times to level 20 wolves right outside of Sloeford

We had the same trouble in S1.

I had a level 20 Battle Mage, my first to make it that far... I was so excited! I could get into Silver! I went to Silver and quickly quit when the 3 thieves at Bellevue bridge were level 49! 49! So, I stayed in bronze out of fear that the min levels in Silver were 49. Not true, of course, just some person had passed through on the way to the Bellevue portal, close enough to spawn 49ers (max for Silver there).

High level spawns left lying around are not unique to Sacred 2. This problem happened in S1 too.

So: how to handle it? Well, in S1, I limited where I went so that the level cap dictated the max level of the monsters. Or... you could go to parts of the game that were unpopular and work a cave there. Same will be true for Sacred 2.

Or... you could go to parts of the game that were unpopular and work a cave there. Same will be true for Sacred 2.

The caves and dungeons are so much smaller in Sacred 2 though, is that really an option?

Or... you could go to parts of the game that were unpopular and work a cave there. Same will be true for Sacred 2.

The caves and dungeons are so much smaller in Sacred 2 though, is that really an option?

To me it's not, since there is very limited cave respawn... They could've upped the respawn in caves if you ask me :)

Or made more BIG dungeons... like that humongous one on the Dryad Island (which I finally checked out two days ago, man that was a treat).

But... yeah, as you all know, I've gotten burned by this game in a rather bad way. I'm amazed that I've been able to put it past me and take the time to re-create my Inquisitor. But there's still so much that needs to be addressed.

I think a lot of the problem with it however is how the Avarto "custom built" the Tin Cat software for Ascaron. If you take a look at the schematics/user documentation over at Avarto's website, you can kind of get an idea of how it's probably their fault for the vast lack of features and numerous places where bugs can sprout. I'm not trying to displace the game from Ascaron nor defend them; I'm just stating what I have seen.

With all of that being said, I too hope that the few blabber-mouthed beta testers / German forum visiting Ascaron employees are right about "Ascaron listening and trying to make everyone happy with this patch."

As I have said numerous times already... there are a lot of problems with version 2.34 that will make it unbearable for the sheltered console gamers; thus, the next patch had better be tremendous.

Oh, and as far as ideas on how to combat the quest enemy bug; the only one I can offer is this - do as myself and forgo quests ATM. Too many of the quest rewards are bugged or blatantly incomplete ATM; thus I've lost pretty much all of my motivation to attempt doing them (even with bargaining mastered). I still do them in campaign games, but rarely do I even bother with those (blame it on the risk/reward factor with the last boss).

Edited by Cthulhu
Maybe there are some tips we could use here regarding this? Is there ways of raising the level of our caution and awareness that we can maybe write out for everyone so that this doeesn't happen?

The only solution is exactly that - awareness and caution. Even if these bugs will supposedly get fixed.

Always look at the enemy's healthbar level display. Always look at your healthbar. You need to know what is the usual damage you receive at your level, so any sudden damage spikes mean that you need to get out of there.

D-molisher from DA got killed yesterday by some level 62 dragonlings, while fighting a level 42 dragon. The normal monsters were supposed to be ~42. I did try to warn them, sorry if I didn't risk my level 30 char to protect their's level 39s.

A couple hours later, I got mobbed by level 62 Temple Guardians on another server. Thank god I make toons with plenty of hitpoints.

Constant vigilance is the key.

Edited by Antitrust