Sacred 2: Fallen Angel 2.4.0 Released

I love the patch so far. The SW got a rather nice boost. Spectral soldiers are even more powerful, augmenting guidon was +105 atk rate and +215 def rate before the patch, now it's +125/+250 at the same CA level. Radiant pillar is also improved :(

Uh Oh, I saw that a level 30 could gointo gold, and you know what, I made a gold game with a level 17.

Also, they still have a client issue. I was playing alone today, and the famous "client has stop working" message appeared. Bummer

Edited by Giggles

Game crashed on me twice within 15 minutes. :heart: Fricking game client is poo. I wounder if the servers have been properly updated? Since I still get the "current update is 3xxxx" message.

My experience with the new patch was a disaster. My level 95 toon couldn't kill a champion turtle and died repeatedly. One hit and dead.

Only way I got her to perform better was add +20 to all skills. Champions are still a problem.

The chat window is annoying and very distracting. Why did they change it?

And that clanging when it comes on drives me crazy.

In my opinion, they have made the game worse and did nothing to help with lag and targeting trouble.

Losing Xmas Island quest for a set of bunny ears for my seraphim. Bad deal.

Close to uninstalling game, smash it to pieces and throw it in the garbage.

Played with a few people today, one said he would probably not return again due to patch.

What a mess.

I like the game but just too many problems with it. Have 150 games and this has to be close to the worst.

Sorry but that is how I feel about it. :-(

It is too early to come to this conclusion in my opinion.

In this case , some things like to some of us, and those things are awfull for others.

I think that you could find other things to like.

You will get used to it I think, if you really like the game at first place.

Edited by Spyrus

Only just now downloaded the patch, but before I'm going to play, I'm awaiting a package... :P I hope I can give you more information abt this later tonight.

Is it just me or before the patch you were able to use Glacial Thorns clicking on an enemy (especially boss for me) and going away from the enemy with the right click down you were able to concentrate the Thorns for more damage. Now no more. If this is confirmed it could be really bad for an ice elf....

Only just now downloaded the patch, but before I'm going to play, I'm awaiting a package... :P I hope I can give you more information abt this later tonight.

Ladies and gentlemen, a note to all.

AGEIA PhysX PPU's will allow you to enable PhysX with an ATi graphics card without a major performance hit due to CPU usage for PhysX. :)

HOW TO:

Install the AGEIA PhysX PPU in your system. It doesn't matter, you don't need to install drivers yet.

Install Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.

Patch up your game to 2.40.

Restart.

Go to the Nvidia PhysX control panel (START>NVIDIA CORPORATION>NVIDIA PHYSX PROPERTIES) and check whether you can enable the AGEIA PhysX PPU.

Go to the Remove Software menu (START>CONTROL PANEL>SOFTWARE>ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE).

Remove the Nvidia PhysX driver.

Restart.

Download the 8.09.04 PhysX driver from the here.

Install these drivers.

Go to the Nvidia PhysX control panel (START>NVIDIA CORPORATION>NVIDIA PHYSX PROPERTIES) and enable the AGEIA PhysX PPU.

You're almost done: start Sacred 2, and in the graphics options slect PhysX :)

I am sorry for the fuss I may have caused here.

I was giving false hope. Upon restarting my PC, and restarting Sacred 2, I went back to 5 FPS. Just like everyone else. :)

Edited by Timotheus

To be honest, PhysX, although a nice feature, is heavy.

The new PhysX effects do give a performance hit on your system. My FPS went down to 5 with nothing moving, with max settings and 2xAA on an ATI 3870.

I've turned shadows & grass off, and went to high settings, and am now at about 25 FPS idle. That's not a lot, but so far it seems OK. Still have to test it in areas with dense population though.

I am sorry for the fuss I may have caused here.

I was giving false hope. Upon restarting my PC, and restarting Sacred 2, I went back to 5 FPS. Just like everyone else. :P

Edited by Timotheus

I am not sure what to make of all this. Something about + experience gear disappearing from characters (in another thread), and jimingsdale's total disgust with this patch. What is the consensus of this latest patch? Has it gone smoother for most people than the last patch?

Does it change any of your inventory or gear you have equiped?

It changes the rings and the amulets. It also forced the game to give a lot of set items from quests and nerfed bargaining (you see more whites even with very high bargaining now). Also it caused left click and hold to act as ctrl +click...

I'd have to say the patch caused as much problems as it solved.

I like most the visual improvements but overall I'm disappointed in it. While a couple bugs I've encountered are gone, the biggest one (IMHO) is still there. Once they fix the quest enemy bug, most of my dissatisfaction with the gameplay will disappear.

p.s. At least this patch did download and install with no issues for me (2.34 caused me major headaches)

Not downloading, since there seem to be more problems than the patch is worth. Ample opportunity to go thru the SP game a time or two to try some builds.

If I remember correctly, previous major patch was 2.31 and after a while the 2.34 was out and

in-between there were complains and new-introduced bugs.

So, yes wait is something we can do here, but I am only annoyed mostly from set Items bug,

the blacksmith arts that cannot be removed and the crashes which are still there.

Everything else is improved or not noticeable to me.

Edited by Spyrus

I'd say it is. They didn't fix any of the reflect bug's or CTW's, but the drop rate on the quest bug is dramatically changed. You still have a chance to get a set from a side quest, but the chances of that are huge, or they put a lock on how many will drop from a game:) Not sure how they fixed it, but it's not worth doing the side quests anymore. You'd be better off running the boss's, unless they put a lock on that too? I think they should. Make it extremely hard for all types of item hunting. I wouldn't care to much about the change in the quest bug, IF champions had a frickin chance to drop decent stuff. Some of us poor folks don't have the friends to get hand-me-downs, and not having good gear to boss kill makes it even harder to find stuff. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I suppose now, I can just take a break from playing, till I see a new patch come out. Off to other games.

the blacksmith arts that cannot be removed

But they will still disappear if you sell them :whistle:

This is clearly a feature then. The devs probably decided to not remove it completely, just make it really expensive.