Maintain that girlish figure

While gogo may be enamored with the seraphim and her sleek lines, or the daemon and her rock solid look, I'll take the slender WE any day. She may not be 36-24-36, but she is 443/4653/2016 right now, at level 36.

Thats attack/def and resist. So how did she get so padonkadonk (sp?). She's got a cute bf with a forge.

I had all silver smith defense arts socketed (8 def, +16% def, +12% resist), which was about 2500 def, but Sylph's dwarf has better forge capability (15 def, +28% def +21% resist). I know most players use the dwarf to forge mf, but I'm kinda crazy on defense. I've got 15 sockets right now, but I'm going for more. Just got tadriels gloves with 2 more sockets and a 4 socket armor too. Plus a couple other items with improved def stats. I'm shooting for over 5k before I level again. Of course, that would be easy if I find a dwarf wth full forge.

Another edit: Decepticons and Moon_Reaper forged me some full forge stuff, and I've improved some equip, too. The numbers are astronomical now.

I have a couple screenies, but I don't know how to get them in here.

Edit: gogo PMed me with the means to do this. Here they are:

Re edit: current stats as 31 May

stats-1.jpg

tohit-1.jpg

Am I loony or what?

BTW, most opponents have about a 2-4% chance to hit, bosses about double that. Needless to say, I don't take a lot of damage. Khorad to Shaddur Nar with no life leach, and no potions consumed either. Never went below about 45% life, and then I was toe to toe with a giant spider and took a couple poison hits.

A big thanks to Sylph for the forge and to gogo for the image link. :ike:

Very impressive.

In fact, I don't think I've seen toons with such huge def at such low levels except for on that of glads :D

You know that you've got def values of about gold level right, maybe even higher? ^^

I'm curious as to how often you hit. I mean isn't there a trade-off somewhere? Is your WE making the hits a lot? Or do you now have extended fights which you can now weather because of this astronomical defense and it doesn't matter whether you miss that much? Also what's the damage on this build as compared to some of your old WE's. Are you happy with it because you're now this WE wall that can now withstand anything? lol, this fascinates me. I must say that def is one of the things that I've lacked so much in my builds and have often had very hairy experiences up in niob with my toons because I'm so attracted to huge damage.

Looks like you've definitely got a build that can weather the blows Gial.

We'll be meeting up with you in Niob shortly huh

:ike:

gogo

p.s. oh btw, if you want, maybe there is a way to get yer equipment up to Plat where Schot can smith it? He's got a full forger. If we can mule yer stuff up we can get it forged up there then get it back down to you.

I don't have a level 60 traveller, but I think Claire does. Possibly she could help us with getting yer silver level items forged up in platinum

^^

Wow! That's ummm.. More than what my level 140 Dwarf forger has... ..Really good. :D I think it's fairly typical these days for players to sacrifice a great deal of their defence in exchange for damage. Nice to see someone taking the other extreme for all of us to learn from. You must be so at ease when you are playing gial, haha. Unlike me who is a constant nervous wreck when playing because my defence is too low. :ike:

Oh and yes. I would be thrilled to forge for you as gogo suggests. I just accomplished my first Dwarfs goal which was to attain level 140 with max Forge and Trading. So he'll be able to supply plenty of defence for any level of character and is able to enter Niobium, Platinum and Gold servers. You might also consider MF after all though because with the MF +20 also comes a +30% to all resistances so it would be MF +20%/resistances +30% in a single socket. The resistances could go nicely with your high defence.

Looking forward to meeting your broad shouldered girl gial. :)

Thanks for the offer - but right now aside from the sockets, most of my suit is pretty run of the mill and I'd hate to keep shuttling better stuff up for forging over and over. Maybe once I have some decent stats on the stuff along with the sockets.

Popped in for a bit more, and leveled. Bought a little more D at bmart, and its now 5019 at level 37, resists just over 2k. If I recall, Sequoia didn't quite have this much d at 105, although resists were a little higher on her.

@gogo: look at the to hit chart. I'm about 80%+ to hit most regular foes, and slightly lower on bosses. My sacrifice is in my Combat Arts, since I have no socketed runes, and in leech (none yet), and a little in damage as I have no socketed damage either. Ran into a set of 5 sakkara priests and 3 of 'em flameskinned then started flaming me. That's about the only thing that seems to hurt now. I actually had to drink a red as I got a red flash just before the last one lost his FS and I whacked him.

@schot: grats on the dwarf to niob. I hope to be there someday.

I'm planning on tempering the build as I progress, probably upon entry to plat, as the enemy def and resists seem a lot higher there. I'll need to add some attack for sure. Probably bump the resists and leech in gold, too.

This toon is FUN, but s-l-o-o-w to level. :ike:

Wow! That's ummm.. More than what my level 140 Dwarf forger has... ..Really good. :D I think it's fairly typical these days for players to sacrifice a great deal of their defence in exchange for damage. Nice to see someone taking the other extreme for all of us to learn from. You must be so at ease when you are playing gial, haha. Unlike me who is a constant nervous wreck when playing because my defence is too low. :D

Oh and yes. I would be thrilled to forge for you as gogo suggests. I just accomplished my first Dwarfs goal which was to attain level 140 with max Forge and Trading. So he'll be able to supply plenty of defence for any level of character and is able to enter Niobium, Platinum and Gold servers. You might also consider MF after all though because with the MF +20 also comes a +30% to all resistances so it would be MF +20%/resistances +30% in a single socket. The resistances could go nicely with your high defence.

Looking forward to meeting your broad shouldered girl gial. :wow:

um my character has well, sshh, I'm rasiing a character that I have not mentioned anywhere yet, untill now when.. wel.. just come ingame sometime

(btw what level do you think my character is?:)<for schot

Sylph

Well, defense alone is not enough. Decepticons has a full forger dwarf he brought to silver this morning and I'm up well over 7300 defense and 3k resists. Thought I'd try cave of heroes, but in silver, 5 player I couldn't take even one safely. Drank about 4 reds and he was maybe 10% gone.

So I dropped to single player bronze. Ballock took 3 pots and several minutes. I only had a 19% to hit on him (he was 9% on me, but at 900 a pop very expensive hits). Antarius was a little easier with only 1 pot, I forgot to look at his stats, but he must have been around 3% as he seemed to hit about 1/3 of Ballock. . . but Lexchicky kept spawning the little ones as fast as I could kill 'em and I never even got to her at all, and had to withdraw in dishonor.

Think I'm going to need 2 things: Higher dmg and leech. Otherwise, she's not viable in the harder areas.

Cave of heroes

*shudder*

those guys are very VERy tuff...and all one after another. I did a table for their damages and resistances, you can check it out here if this helps.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4429

As you can see from that they're pretty potent, all of them and quite a wide variety of resistances and HUGE amounts of it as well.

Either toons bring in serious damage or have a way, like Rooster does, to switch elemental weapon sets quickly.

:(

gogo

Cave of heroes

*shudder*

Either toons bring in serious damage or have a way, like Rooster does, to switch elemental weapon sets quickly.

:(

gogo

I try to have 4 equal bows, each doing one kind of damage, so I can switch easily. Don't have a poison bow yet, and my other three are not high enough dmg for those high resists. I'm taking around 100-150 each hit unless I get a crit. W-a-a-a-y t-o-o-o s-l-o-o-o-w. If I get about 2 hits to 1 on ballock and he hits for 800-900, I better do the same or close on him.

An Ettol would help too, cuttig their resistances way down.

I c your WE is taking off quite nicely.

When I play a ranger WE, I only really hunt for fire or poison bow. I have tried to get all slots with all types of damage, but I found that I end up using only my fire or poison bow.

Have fun and stay safe. :(

I c your WE is taking off quite nicely.

When I play a ranger WE, I only really hunt for fire or poison bow. I have tried to get all slots with all types of damage, but I found that I end up using only my fire or poison bow.

Have fun and stay safe. :P

I use my fire and Magic a lot. Poison not so much, since it's usually the least effective I have. I have yet to find a truly outstanding poison bow. But I find an Ettol for physical is indispensable

Definitely need some leech. Just ran a group of 6 or 7 bolting terrors on the steps to HR, and even though they only had 2% to hit, they hit me enough that I still needed a red 'cause I took so long to bag 'em all. Need that exploder to level a few as well - hehe. Love that BOOM when they disappear (ok, more of a "ca-chunk", but boom sounds better).

Thanks for the offer Sylph, but I have the rings - just hate to give up the defense for em - never know how much you really need - hehe.

Discovered something - there is a lower limit on displayed enemy to hit:

zip-a-dee-do-da.jpg

hehe - they're all gray circles in bronze though. Gonna try to get a real enemy there though - that's the next goal.

Never seen a dragon with a lower to hit than my own before either:

dcay.jpg

Trying for 10k before level 50 and parry makes it easy.

woot woot!

If by that time my dwarf raeches 180 forge, he can forge you again if yu'd like also just call me whenever you want :D

Keep up that pace and killing that dragon :P

Sylph

-273 degrees Fahrenheit, or -- Absolute Zero

Turns out you can get real foes down to 0% to hit (well, less than .5% anyway, it rounds to zero:

abolute-zero.jpg

Those spideys are 2 level above me and show orange rings - ha!

I have big plans for little Acorn (almost screwed 'em tonight though fighting the frostgard dragon with another toon). Ran out of reds and my circle looked empty, but I didn't hear the a-a-a-g-h so I knew I was still alive, but hidden under neath the dragon. Didn't get full confirmation 'til about 20 seconds later when the dragon died and I was still standing. Definitely the closest call I've ever had without going over the edge.

Heres a hint: Does the name Edith Head ring any bells? (I'd consider it cheating to google her).

Still a little shy of that 10K defense goal of mine, at clvl 48, so I'm running out of time -- but I've got some new gear to equip that just might put me over the top.

OK. Sylph, you're way to young. She died in 1981. Her import? She was nominated for 34 Acadamy Awards (Oscars) and won 8 times - more Oscars than any other woman ever. She won a nomintaion every year from 1948 through 1966. She was not an actress, though -- she was a Costume Designer.

By having a second suit with attack rather than defense, I'll be able to mix and match, and expect to get incredible values for both, instaed of insane one-sided values.

After all, with no attack socketed at all, I'm in the 80-90% range to hit most ordinary foes.

Needed Decepticons help to improve a couple armor pieces, but here we are: 10k defense without parry (not available til level 50).

1OK.jpg

Looking good :BlobRed: 10 at 48, nicely done.

you're also the firstone to call me young xD I'm eightteen and most of my friends are younger or the same age as I am. guess I do need to live an eternity to get omniscient (damn I love the word Omni) omnipotent, omniscient, radical!

Sylph

Still working on the full attack - I don't have real good equip yet, but its about 8500 and 96%+ to hit almost everything. Socketing attack also boost damage, so I'm +400% to all damage too. In a 2 player game, I usually 1-hit most common opponents, and 2 or 3 hit mini bosses with a level 3 exploder and regen around 1.1 sec.