I've had it with this game, the patches, the (re)installing, the hardware issues. I'm out. Take me off the roster, because I will not be returning to the world of Sacred 2 any time soon.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I'm out until the next patch or two myself. I just don't feel comfortable with exploiting the set items bug, and it sounds like more was broken than fixed with the latest patch. For what little it's worth, I've heard thru the grapevine that the expansion may be announced by the middle of the year. I expect to buy and play Drakensang during all the free time I've now been granted. I'll likely be in game replays for the next few months or until the end of the year.

Edited by DaveO

I find Sacred 2 to be a much less 'fun' game than S1 was. And you would think that Ascaron may have learned something from the patch debacle that S1 was, but nooo.

I refuse to play a game that I don't even enjoy that much, especially when it refuses to install properly. Or run properly.

If Sacred 2 would be getting some more stability, I may end up playing again. But so far my experience has shown me 2 things:

1. Sacred 2 is horrible to install and patch, taking more than an hour to get installed properly. If you make it that far.

2. Hardware support is completely off. We have the issues with Creative, and the issues with PhysX. Nvidia has support for dedicated PhysX cards in the driver and the card works flawlessly, but Sacred 2 refuses dedicated PhysX. Nice going, selling out your consumer base like that.

Anyway, I may seem frustrated. And I am.

And no, this is not coming from the PhysX debacle. This started with loosing toons due to lag in empty servers, bugged areas, etc.

I am done. No game is worth this fuss.

EDIT:

I wish we were back to the old console days. Ascaron would have been slaughtered for releasing these types of games. Maybe then they would've taken the effort.

Edited by Timotheus

An old saying comes to mind: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Ascaron is going to make a profit off Sacred 2, but at the expense of people experience bugs and other issues. I'd recommend some method of venting your frustration, but PLEASE keep it a digital retribution. The world has too many tales of killing sprees.

Lol I didn't mean it that way Dave.

I meant it as in: Ascaron would have never been able to release a second game. People would not have bought it, and critics would've been less than negative on games like these. It's a shame, really. One of the reasons I don't like pc gaming that much anymore. It has become a market where the real beta testing is done after the release.

Edited by Timotheus

Sorry to see you go Timo. Hope you reconsider and after they fix some stuff you come back. :D

And I hear you I remember the days of the old console games as well as some what 10-12 years ago when we didnt know the word Patch for PC games. This days patches come out as soon as the game hits the market.

I know how you feel Timo...I've been thinking of doing same thing for quite awhile....only thing stopping me is I haven't found a decent game I like to occupy the time I'm normally playing Sacred 2. Though if a few bugs aren't fixed I guess I gotta go re-install Sim City 4 for something to do....

The only 'hot' game I've been looking over is Drakensang. I'm waiting on The Witcher's price to go down before getting that. And at the end of the year is Dragon Age. If RPGs don't suit your fancy, there are likely other titles that will. That Kami counter running at the top may be prophetic in its own way with 'zero hour' quickly approaching.

I reccomend giving Dawn of Magic demo a try. Beautiful graffics, and those that are some what familuar with Diablo 2 LOD, some of the skills will be familuar, but 10x the graffics. 3D world, just like you have here. I own DoM, but not alot of my friends play, so I don't play much. The demo is well worth a try. I wish the Dev;s of Titan Quest didn't fall, I loved playing that game.

Wow, and you're not the only one with frustrations, Timo....

I only started playing S1 just after Sacred Plus was released, so I didn't have too many buggy experiences with S1 and I can't really say how Sacred 2 weighs up with S1 concerning early bugs or how many patches it took for S1 to be reliable.

But I too thought that Ascaron would have released Sacred 2 with fewer bugs and 1 or 2 (even 3) patches would have eliminated 99% of bugs, least of all creating bugs!! I've only downloaded 2.34 so far and doubt if I'll download 2.4 (mebbe just to exploit the set items bug) because of all the negative feedback I've read about.

During the past few years of developing Sacred 2, people where asking and pleading for fewer bugs... that "1 wish for Sacred 2" thread in the SIF was loaded with wishes of fewer bugs. Add to that the many postponements of release dates.... I've not encountered serious bugs so far, but then again, I've not played Sacred 2 that much yet...

Now I know that every software developing company strives not to release any software with any bugs at all, but hey, it's just not possible and I understand that, but surely Ascaron should consider loosing dedicated Sacred gamers as a serious failure in their product ?

And why should ATI owners have to be content with the short straw especially if they own a physx card :) I'm with you on that point Timo, Ascaron made a big whoohaaa about the game supporting PhysX and for a while everyone was looking toward buying a dedicated PhysX card just to get the most out of the game... so why, oh why was there no proper homework done on this issue ? I would have thought that with your ATI-PhysX card combo, you'd expect to get the absolute most that Sacred 2 has to offer, not the opposite?

I think some very serious testing needs to be done before the next patch release - how many players will be lost to Sacred if the next patch does not live up to expectation :) And who will then, in years to come, wait on Sacred 3 with as much anticipation as we've done with Sacred 2 ?

Edit: Ok, so dissing V2.4 is maybe a bit harsh. It's clear that 2.4 has a lot to offer, but the problem I still have with it is that it's still not all good. It will really be great to see PhysX in action, but I guess we just don't want patches released that cause any new issues. The biggest issue I think are all the reports of game crashes - that's a big no-no in my mind - and the PhysX issues for ATI owners. Ok-ok so hardware has it's pros and cons, it's not really Ascaron's fault that dedicated PhysX cards are discontinued, and it's probably the reason for the in-game PhysX being delayed until now. Perhaps I was a bit harsh on them there, but there's still that little devil on my shoulder imploring me to give Ascaron carrots 'bout this one. Seems like the best option for ATI owners is to invest in a cheapish GForce card capable of handling PhysX and dueling that with yer ATI card?

Edited by Scleameth

I'm afraid I am getting very close to giving up on the game as well. :pitcher:

The latest patch has caused problems for me.

My game now randomly crashes every hour or so. I get frustrating things like not being able to left click move when sometimes starting a game.

Sometimes my game gets into an audio loop where the sounds just repeats and the game freezes.

The only way to stop it is to turn the power off to the pc without first shutting down. This is not a good option, as it can damage hardware!

Never experienced these things before the 2.40 patch.

If the crashes continue then, if only to protect my pc, I will not be playing until the next patch at least.

Well the 2.40 patch had me from the start (when I used the incremental patch on my previous installation). It seemed that I could not exit the game other than opening task manager and use End Task. The game would freeze my system upon exiting, having me go through the trouble of a system reset just to stop playing.

Also, I've found out that my patching issues may be due to downloading the wrong regional patch (I may need UK-Int, instead of UK-UK). Why do the patches/regions have to be that confusing? If I have an UK game - which, by the way, I only found out after looking at the distributor list, instead of on my game box - how should I know that there are 2 UK patches?

Oh and just a tip to everyone going to reinstalling issues: copy the dvds to a folder on your harddrive and run setup from there.

Saves 50% or more of the time it takes to install.

Edited by Timotheus

I agree on the copying of the DVD on my HDD, but I had another problem with that. The game starts installing, keeps up for a while and suddenly my computer stops responding. No mouse movement, nothing. A complete blockage. I'm running that on 3600+ Sempron and 4GB RAM. The CPU usage never exceeds 36%, so this can't be the problem. Weird...

I feel for you Timotheus... Maybe you will be back someday?

Edited by Dobri

Sad day for Dark Matters when you go Timo.

I'm having issues too (random disconnects). Moving from VISTA to XP hasn't helped. Patch hasn't helped--but to be truthful I haven't put a lot of effort into digging into what is the root cause. I suspect my network card is jamming or something. Need to get off my btm and figure it out.

Bye Timo!