No more Internet

My internet subscription should end around today. I don't think I'll be able to get a new one for many many months :paladin: I might occasionally pop in from an internet-cafe, but that would not be often.

So long, and thanks for all the fish :P

Jeez Anti, that sucks! Hope to see you back here one time or another, would be a shame if you'll never return here again. :P

Keep your chin up and take your losses like a man :paladin: and know that here's a place where the people are waiting for your return :woot:

That Sux!

S U X

How about free dial up or something... anyway you can get to one of those? Ìt won`t be as much fun with you not here Trust... :paladin: How much do net subscriptions cost anyway there ? We can get free dial up if you`re resourceful here in Canada... maybe there is this kind of stuff where you are...or a really really super cheap internet availabel?

Don`t give up... come to the Dark!

:P

gogo

Oh noes, not dial-up! I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! Now that I think about it, it makes a pretty good interrogation technique. Who needs red-hot irons when you can force the guy to browse the net on a dial-up :D

@ free dial-up :lol: Last time I tried "free" dial-up I ended up paying 400 in the end of the month...

The cost of broadband is cheaper than dial-up, but the problem is that even when I re-apply for it, it'll take at least two-six months to connect the line again. The local providers are totally competent, with a decent infrastructure (lol what infrastructure)... Thankfully net-cafes are working properly.

All kind of trolls will now have a free reign, with noone to stop them... there will be chaos...

Take care :)

And just the other day I was posting about my terribly strong net dependancy. I feel your pain Anti. :(

lol @ Dialup. Oh that isn't even funny! Hehehe. I recall a number of times when I lost my broadband for days and became desperate enough to use Dialup. Oh tha horror... I'm still recovering. I could basically cook a meal between browser clicks. A couple of times I even clicked on the wrong link but didn't realize it until AFTER the page finally loaded. "Nooooooo!" I'd have to push the back button and go through the whole loading process all over again. I did learn one handy lil Dialup trick though. If ever you have to browse on dialup make sure you change your settings to not allow images. ^^

I hate to see a great fellow not have access. Best of luck on a new contract Anti! :agreed:

c'mon who could ever forget the awesome tones and other umm sounds when connecting ? Those were the good ole days....o.k. maybe they weren't that good lol

shame you're going be internet-less soon Anti. But why does it take 2-4 months to re-connect the line :)

Time for my impression of the dial-up connecting sounds!

Ga-doing, Gadoing, Gadoing

RaaaaaAAAAAArrrrrrRRRRRaaaaAAAArrrrr

Then as soon as you get connected someone picks up the phone in the other room and you get disconnected while loading the first webpage.

You will be missed Antitrust, Come back to us soon. No one handles the trolls on SIF better than you do!.

Woot I'm still here :)

But why does it take 2-4 months to re-connect the line :)

It has to do with retarded corporations. There is one main phone company that holds all the phone lines (which are copper btw), and makes things harder for the competitors that have to place their own lines (probably optic now) for their private networks. The competitors have to cooperate with the main company and use copper lines "temporarily". Plus they have a whole lot of customers to attend to, since broadband is becoming so popular...

Some people waited a year or more to get DSL (with lousy quality and customer service). Now things are getting better, albeit slowly.

Kripes Antitrust.

I had no idea that your internet service providers were so retarded.

I thought Australia was bad.

I hope you can get things sorted out mate.

I cant imagine what life would be like without my Google :oooo:

Phew... it looks like I'll be keeping teh net after all :Just_Cuz_21:

I just spent like... 3 days without it? :sick:

Do they promise to connect you within two months, then have their tech support keep you on hold for like an hour when you phone them to ask why haven't they done anything for 4+ months?

My provider though is pretty decent... but I had tried a couple others before finding this one.

I sometimes take for granted how good we have it here. Cheap net we have, 200 gigs a month downloads at only 29.99 CDN a month.

Go Tek Savvy!

Down with Bell!

:D

gogo

Download limits! :) Thankfully we don't have 'em :) only limits here are upload/download speeds...

Do they promise to connect you within two months, then have their tech support keep you on hold for like an hour when you phone them to ask why haven't they done anything for 4+ months?

Well no....... not quite.

The "keep you on hold" part I can certainly relate to. An hour+ does happen here. And when you do get through you get to speak to someone who can hardly speak english!

The connection problem you have however doesn't happen here. We have a lot of competition in Oz and everyone is eager to get you connected.

It's once you are connected you start to get the bad service. :D

Also aussies get a very slow cable service @ 10Mbs. That ain't gonna change for some time. :)

Download limits! :) Thankfully we don't have 'em :) only limits here are upload/download speeds...

The caps starting coming in a bit more than a year ago I think, but they're coming in every where. Big Daddy Bell, is trying to control everything now here in Canada... and they want to make net-juice like a resource and charge for it by the drop... this cuts out the competitors, specially cool ones like our own :)

Trust, heh... my secret recipe krazy glue is working huh

:D

gogo