Your favorite/least favorite town/village in Sacred 2?

I was thinking about this the other day and I didnt see a topic for it anywhere. Sacred 2 is still gorgeous looking with a well crafted world and beautiful towns after 2 years. By far my fav town is Bluestonbury. I love how its secluded and right next to a waterfall and bluestone lake. My least fav city is Griffenborough. I dont know what it is about it, I just cant stand doing anything near that place. maybe its the layout.

I was thinking about this the other day and I didnt see a topic for it anywhere. Sacred 2 is still gorgeous looking with a well crafted world and beautiful towns after 2 years. By far my fav town is Bluestonbury. I love how its secluded and right next to a waterfall and bluestone lake. My least fav city is Griffenborough. I dont know what it is about it, I just cant stand doing anything near that place. maybe its the layout.

Eh.. As far as asthetics go - yeah.. I suppose Bluestonbury is ok.. But as far as anything else goes - it's not really a favorite area. No merchant, smith or runemaster anywhere in the area. The only bonus is the player chest. If I had to pick an area though - I'd probably have to go with Libi's Pratfall. Big waterfalls and leads to the Ascaron Office quest.

Though I gotta admit I share your distaste for Griffinborough. The layout sucks, the smiths aren't where they're supposed to be half the time and you have to run around chasing after them. Everything's a royal pain to get to. Orcs may be simpleminded - but at least their towns are laid out in a way everything's easy to get to.

Edit: I think I've got a new city/town that's earned the title as my least favorite. That'd be the Dryad city in the trees - Dyr-Laigh... Compared to there, Griffinborough is a piece of cake to get around in.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Eh.. As far as asthetics go - yeah.. I suppose Bluestonbury is ok.. But as far as anything else goes - it's not really a favorite area. No merchant, smith or runemaster anywhere in the area. The only bonus is the player chest. If I had to pick an area though - I'd probably have to go with Libi's Pratfall. Big waterfalls and leads to the Ascaron Office quest.

Though I gotta admit I share your distaste for Griffinborough. The layout sucks, the smiths aren't where they're supposed to be half the time and you have to run around chasing after them. Everything's a royal pain to get to. Orcs may be simpleminded - but at least their towns are laid out in a way everything's easy to get to.

yeah, griffenborough chaps the old butt-tocks. I like bluestonbury because it looks llike a place I would like to live in real life I suppose.

Favorite would be the Archeologists Camp. Trackless desert behind, mystery of time immemorial in front. That's always where I feel like I'm entering the part of the map the cartographer wrote "Here Be Dragons" on. Even though there are dragons everywhere.

Least favorite would be any town in the swamp except maybe Lizurath. Especially when it's storming. Just an eye-strain nightmare for me. I always find myself screaming at the screen "No! Knee-high fences! My one true weakness!"

I love the archaelogist's camp too. It's nestled away, and there's a lot of detail that comes with it. Specially the black jags. I'm gonna check around Ancaria... this is a good topic and puts things in a charming perspective.

;)

gogo

Griffinborough gets my vote for least favorite...layout is horrible and exits aren't very convenient...doing quests there can be tedious

As far as a fav.....hmm guess it's a toss up between Khorum or Thylysium

Least favorite is Griffinborough, I remember in my wide-eyed youth how fantastic a place it seemed, until I saw the layout, horrible. I only like going through there as a High Elf or a Dryad so I can Shadow Step or Forest Flight myself through the place. I have a few favorites, depending on my mood, if I was to pick one it would be Villa Boerdijk, something about living in solitude in a wooden trailer speaks to me...

• 7 months later...

ok im going to updae this since I got the ice and blood experience. My new fav place is the entire blood forest. man I love it. Im already a HUGE horror geek and the music, zombies, the rivers of blood and overall setting made me fall in love with that place. plus all the mobs make it easy to level up there. :wow: great expansion!

Edited by lildozer74

I always disliked Griffinborough. Back on ps3, I could not go more than a block without getting a loading screen. For that reason, I have always avoided that town.

I vote Griffinborough as least favourite as well, I don't think anyone likes that place. Mind you I rather dislike Thylysium as well, it may be open plan, clean and conveniently arranged, but it is a soulless place and considering the accommodations in the lower town where all the servants have to live, it makes the whole place feel rotten and segregated.

I vote for Christmas town as well as the prettiest place to live, or the wooden trailer on its own island does have a lot of appeal.

My favorite would have to be Dyr-Laigh. I think a lot of thought and creativity went into that place. Of all the towns I think this one is the most unique. Plus it's fun running around the tree tops and watching your party mates down below getting lost, hehe.

Least fave, hmmmm... I think that would have to be Na'Fian. That town freaks me out cause at any moment a Garema could stroll through and start attacking you. The protective boudary that prevents enemies from attacking in that town seems inactive. Especially disturbing when you're a low level character traveling with a much higher level character. Oh and porting into Na'Fian? Yeesh! Always gotta be ready for the worst since it's just outside of the town in the Jungle and VERY near enemy spawn points. *gulp!*

I think Thylysium is my favorite simply because it's a major hub and you can travel to the expansion areas from there. I have yet to run into a bad town or village, but I've not been to all of them yet.

My favourite town is Sloeford. You have a trader, runemaster and blacksmith all relatively close together, the quests actually mean something (to the extent that they ever do in a aRPG), and it just seems a little corner of peace in a violent world. A while back on SIF I posted that the swamp was my favourite area. Back then, my opinion was formed by my extreme dislike of the Caves of Carnach, and the simple relief of being in the open air after all that underground volcanocity. Now, I'd have to say the swamp is my least favourite part, and the cities there also get my vote for worst places to visit. Even where you have a trader, blacksmith and runemaster, they are rarely in the same area, and in some towns (Hissil'Ta) one or other of them is a bummer to get to.

That said, I still get a funny feeling when the Thylysium theme music kicks in for the first time for a new character as s/he gets to the city for the first time, hopefully with Mialyn in tow.