Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The rescue for menkind comes from a ....... worm?!?

Now they are trying blood from lug worms to fight heavy covid19 infections. Lug worm blood can store way more oxygen than human blood. First tries in France. Last time I was at the Wattenmeer (Wadden Sea) with the family the guide dug out the big worms (Wattwurm in german) and gave them to the small kids to hold them. Because they live in the intertidal zone they live in selfmade holes to store some water for breathing at low tide. Seems this is the reason scientists considered them as a try, they adopted to low oxygen water by having more oxygen storage in their blood at high tide.

Hiking the Wadden Sea is, hmm different. When I was at a naval air base the first years before moving to airbase firefighters and explosive disarming we often had to fly to the Wadden Sea to rescue people surprised by high tide. I went there agaon 5 years back with my family when visiting a friend.

 

 

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2020 at 12:05 PM, Jayce said:

Interesting, indeed.

Are they in touch with performing laboratories, hospitals and scientists?

I've read that yes. Hence they could have probably helped them into finding the resolution of the "issue" :whistle:here

:bob:

Last time I looked, my PC was working on a task for Stanford Medical.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, lujate said:

Last time I looked, my PC was working on a task for Stanford Medical.

Same here. The noise is bothering me though while I'm trying  tot get my work done on my laptop, sitting right next to it... 

Share this post


Link to post

guys can this program work on a laptop while im sleeping? or does it need a very high powerful graphics card ?

:)

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, chattius said:

The rescue for menkind comes from a ....... worm?!?

Now they are trying blood from lug worms to fight heavy covid19 infections. Lug worm blood can store way more oxygen than human blood. First tries in France. Last time I was at the Wattenmeer (Wadden Sea) with the family the guide dug out the big worms (Wattwurm in german) and gave them to the small kids to hold them. Because they live in the intertidal zone they live in selfmade holes to store some water for breathing at low tide. Seems this is the reason scientists considered them as a try, they adopted to low oxygen water by having more oxygen storage in their blood at high tide.

Hiking the Wadden Sea is, hmm different. When I was at a naval air base the first years before moving to airbase firefighters and explosive disarming we often had to fly to the Wadden Sea to rescue people surprised by high tide. I went there agaon 5 years back with my family when visiting a friend.

 

 

Its like all these small parts of nature giving up big seccrets... always been like lately how I keep reading about biologists all head off to hidden remote places to find plants or biologicals with "secrets"

Anyone remember that horror movie called Anaconda... and that flower of immoertality?

:oooo:

gogo

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2020 at 5:58 AM, gogoblender said:

guys can this program work on a laptop while im sleeping? or does it need a very high powerful graphics card ?

:)

 

gogo

Data scientists love their GPUs as much as gamers do.  But like Timotheus said, it will make do with what your laptop has.

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×