bhj

Your Location

gogoblender    1,464

Kinda Eastern here too, Montreal, and yeah been to a lot of places, and will agree with your sentiment, nothing quite does it like home.

:)

gogo

Sabriel    10

I live in Schagen, the Netherlands, North Holland. It's a pretty boring small town of about 21.000 people, a lot of babyboomers and not much opportunity. :nooo:

I have lived in Adelaide, South Australia for the last six years and intend to go back next year. Absolutely love that place and can't wait to be there again! (And stay!) :dance:

I won't bother you with family history to explain why I feel attracted to certain Anglo/European countries, but definitely :viking: !

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,464

I live in Schagen, the Netherlands, North Holland. It's a pretty boring small town of about 21.000 people, a lot of babyboomers and not much opportunity. :nooo:

I have lived in Adelaide, South Australia for the last six years and intend to go back next year. Absolutely love that place and can't wait to be there again! (And stay!) :dance:

I won't bother you with family history to explain why I feel attracted to certain Anglo/European countries, but definitely :viking: !

Netherlands... lots and lots of bikes and paths? I think I relate to this as my home here Montreal has over the years spent a lof of money on the Bixi systems and has tons of bike paths which take you all over the city. As I'm center city, I can pretty much boot over to any part of the town by just riding over the mountain and right into work. Love it. I always get a pass every year, even if I dont get to use it so much in a week, I feel like I'm contributing to the overall "greeness" of the community. There's hundreds of stations all over Montreal, the summer pass is cheap, and the stations are solar powered... wahoooooooooooooooo...

Montreal_Bixi_bikes.jpg

:D

gogo

• Like 1

Sabriel    10

Netherlands... lots and lots of bikes and paths? I think I relate to this as my home here Montreal has over the years spent a lof of money on the Bixi systems and has tons of bike paths which take you all over the city. As I'm center city, I can pretty much boot over to any part of the town by just riding over the mountain and right into work. Love it. I always get a pass every year, even if I dont get to use it so much in a week, I feel like I'm contributing to the overall "greeness" of the community. There's hundreds of stations all over Montreal, the summer pass is cheap, and the stations are solar powered... wahoooooooooooooooo...

:D

gogo

Yes, lots and lots of bicycle paths! :laugh: I love riding! I've got a pretty mean-looking mountain bike, eventhough we don't have any mountains over here! :agreed: Cycling/riding is considered normal over here, but I understand that it's a different story in most countries! I'm glad to see that more big cities around the globe are (slowly but surely!) improving their infrastructure for cyclists. It's not that much of a big deal, if more people will use a bike more often then it saves you a lot of traffic jams, it keeps the air cleaner and you keep fit! I was one of the very few in Adelaide to actually ride a bike to work. Got yelled at sometimes! :dntknw: It was a bit of a challenge during the Summer though! (48 degrees and counting! :heat: )

Sabriel    10

I think that's a pretty neat system. Go Montreal! :dance: