Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

One neat little thing I've been doing was to flesh out the Temple of the Gods page. It looks like Ysne started it a while back with the Sloeford temple, so I added the others. We had 11 documented on the Wiki, I added the other 9, plus the map of them all that Schot made. Check it out:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Temple_of_the_Gods

• Like! 1

That's good

The inclusion of actual temple pics would help players

Any way to put a number or some sort of indication besides each pic so that a player can then associate it to Schot's polytheist map?

Would that help or be too much? I don't want to over load any single page of the wiki by tryign to make it too comprehensive and then lose it's focus on a page's specific mission.

:)

gogo

Any suggestions as to the format are more than welcome. Numbers shouldn't be a problem. When you mouseover the temples on the map a closer view w/ a name pops up. I used the same names as the map, and they're in the same numerical order too. I could even ditch the "by region" sections and just group them all together to save space.

Hmmm... On the Polytheist map I had hoped to link more relevantly within the mouse over map. If you hover over each of the green dots you'll see that each of them when pressed will link to the Sacred 2 map. The intended use was to link each green dot to the exact zoom and location within the Sacred 2 map but at the moment that isn't possible. Coding that is complicated. However... I could change those green dot links to more relevant links. Might be possible to have them link to their respective place pages instead. I realize that doesn't help much for the reast of the page but was a thought that popped into me head. :)

• Like! 1

Whatever you wanna do with that map, it all sounds great to me. I remember years ago when I was first using the Wiki and seeing "Locate [Place Name] on the SacredWiki Map" links everywhere and expecting the link to actually show me the location. I figured that would incredibly complex to do for every place/boss/temple etc.

One thing is that many of those temples aren't associated with a place, they're just off in the barren wilderness somewhere. You could maybe change the green dot links to the actual pictures, though I suppose that would make having the gallery at the top of the page pointless.

Myself I was just trying to put some content on what was basically an empty page, despite several pages linking to it.

I'm thinking numbering the pictures and noting that the player can look at the map below to find the location of each temple would be a really great way to handle that.

Good work Flix. I really like what you did with that page. I was really hoping someone would come along who had both the skills and the desire to complete that page.

• Like! 1

Yeah, hmmm... The page is defintely deserving of the attention you're giving it. Difficult to think of suggestions on how to build it out. I'll toss whatever ideas I come up with if I do!

Good luck on the portal making, and the numbers do make it clearer as a connection to the pic, a great "done for now" (love that exprssion :bounce:)

HOlee molee, everyone's in good shapre after the massive attack on those images last night? Near the end, Schot complaining of a sore wrist, forced me at cat point to start helping with deletes or else...

The cat has scary claws!

:oooo:

gogo

Good luck on the portal making, and the numbers do make it clearer as a connection to the pic, a great "done for now" (love that exprssion :bounce:)

HOlee molee, everyone's in good shapre after the massive attack on those images last night? Near the end, Schot complaining of a sore wrist, forced me at cat point to start helping with deletes or else...

The cat has scary claws!

:oooo:

gogo

Haha yep it was quite a night. Great job everyone.

3 things for this latest update:

1) Corrected the swapped Lost Fusion Lore and Revered Technology Lore icons. Corrections made on:

Skills

Combat Art Skills

Seraphim

Temple Guardian

Lost Fusion

Revered Technology

Let me know if I missed any other pages. Thanks to Valkyr for catching this, it was an easy thing to miss.

2) Added links to the Achievements page, and added the Dragon Mage achievement "Master of Flames." I wanted to update the logbook page on the right with all achievements, but I don't have the 3 multiplayer achievements. So if someone has Ice and Blood and all achievements filled in, that would be a great picture to have for that page.

3) Made a Portals page and filled in as much info as I could think of. I'm also pretty much done with a big worldmap with all portals on it. This is a super-low quality preview version. I'll probably have to upload the big one straight to Schot and let him handle it since it's so big.

bCZCZHd.jpg

Any suggestions as to what else could be done to it?

• Like! 1

3 things for this latest update:

1) Corrected the swapped Lost Fusion Lore and Revered Technology Lore icons. Corrections made on:

Skills

Combat Art Skills

Seraphim

Temple Guardian

Lost Fusion

Revered Technology

Let me know if I missed any other pages. Thanks to Valkyr for catching this, it was an easy thing to miss.

2) Added links to the Achievements page, and added the Dragon Mage achievement "Master of Flames." I wanted to update the logbook page on the right with all achievements, but I don't have the 3 multiplayer achievements. So if someone has Ice and Blood and all achievements filled in, that would be a great picture to have for that page.

3) Made a Portals page and filled in as much info as I could think of. I'm also pretty much done with a big worldmap with all portals on it. This is a super-low quality preview version. I'll probably have to upload the big one straight to Schot and let him handle it since it's so big.

bCZCZHd.jpg

Any suggestions as to what else could be done to it?

The work is good +++, Flix

You created an answer to questions that folks ask about just portals, powers and how to set up and get going

regarding getting someone who has the achievements filled in to help out, you can open up a new topic

"Now searching for!..."

good drama^^

:thumbsup:

gogo

Alright I added the final portal map to the Portals page. Extra thanks to Schot for crunching the file size down to over 70% smaller (and for supplying the blank map in the first place)!

My next project is going to be big. It's not a grand, new page, but rather several improvements to existing pages that's going to take a looong time. I've stuck my fingers in most of the lore-related areas of the Wiki, but now it's time...

I'm going to get Combat Arts, Skills, and all Items and Item Modifiers up to snuff. Flix is going mechanical. :schot:

Originally the plan was just to fill in the sections on the various Items Modifier pages with lists of their availability. Many have already done by others, many others have not. An easy way to check what Items and Combat Arts provide a modifier is just check the "what links here" on a modifier's page. But if there's no links to it, then the appropriate Items and Combat Arts pages need to be updated with the links...

You see where this is going. They're all so interconnected, they all need to be linked to one another. And more importantly, many of them really need content updates along with the links.

Plan:

1) Update Combat Arts pages. Basic level 1 info is missing from many Combat Arts. Many don't list skills that affect them. Some links are bad, almost all lead to deprecated Focus and Lore pages, many links are just not there. Any usage strategies will also get an update from me if I can.

2) Update Items pages. Same deal as above, correcting and adding links and info. Sets first, then uniques then legendaries. This will take a while.

3) Update Skills. I've mostly done these in the previous weeks, however many could use a "See Also" as well as some info on Availability on items.

4) Update Items Modifiers. As far as I know, the Items Modifier page is a complete list. Anything I uncover that's not on there will get added. Then, the main point of all this, filling out each modifier's page with info and lists of availability on Items and CAs.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Excellent work on the Portal page Flix! That is a big next project. Yikes! Gonna need a finger therapist after that, hehe. I'm still working the kinks out of my lil project to replace quest dialogs with written content. gogo is testing it now though and it seems to be going well. That font recommendation you made turned out amazingly! I liked it so much I applied to all page titles on the wiki.

I'm having a lot of fun these days with the projects going on. :)

It's a gigantic project when it's all laid out like that, really somewhat overwhelming when thought of as a whole. But I'm just doing it in little chunks, bit-by-bit. Starting with Seraphim Combat Arts and going from there. Might take weeks, might take long breaks from it, who knows.

I've been seeing the dialogue templates going up, it's looking really promising. I especially love the way we can link within the dialogue text now. It does make new room for user error (paste the pic, you know you've got all the info right, type it in and who knows), not that I've seen any user error so far.

I'm glad the fonts are working out. The page titles will take some getting used to for me. It's artistic, thank goodness, but maybe a darker color or darker highlights would be more readable?

• Like! 1

Schot's really doing a lot of out of box imagining with the site, I know he's been looking at font colors, it's pretty genius how we now sport the game's official font! :bounce: Flix, I don't now how you keep up with the the crazy tech writing... I'm a big fan of the "hard" pages like that for the Wiki, and you're bearing down vigorously, it's good work.

gogo

I

I'm glad the fonts are working out. The page titles will take some getting used to for me. It's artistic, thank goodness, but maybe a darker color or darker highlights would be more readable?

We went back and forth on the fonts last night, and I gotta say look awesome now! Schot was showing off his new super powers with the font app he designed, but we're back to being elegant and classy again!

gogo

It really does look oustanding. The page titles now seem much more a part of the page with the official Sacred 2 font - love it!

Doing Combat Arts is taking a lot longer than I'd imagined. But I think once I get a groove going it may be easier.

Hehe, I kinda got a little excited when the fonts became active. I've been waiting years for this tech to finally come into mainstream. I'm over it now. You can all rest your eyes, lol. Glad you like it!

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates