Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Yeah they're pretty cool. Each one of us gets one. It's useful for trying out experiments, template ideas, etc. Some peeps do all their work on their own page before publishing to a main page.

:)

gogo

Today I'm planning to work with the Inquisitor's chara-specific quest named All or Nothing. I'm going to create pages for all the NPCs and Quest Enemies involved and to edit a quest page a bit (only to add maps and links, since the text itself looks fine to me). I wanted to ask you not to edit this page today, since I have no idea when I may finally finish my work (looks like I would have to take some more screenshots than I have already. And more to come, my Internet connection is unstable today, so I have to redo some things several times). I'd link you to the page when it'd be ready.

I just started going through Sloeford with my shadow High Elf and my Seraphim. I doubt I will get any farther than the HE Shadow quest for several days as there was nothing on the page until now.

I would love to see what you are working on when it is done Silver.

Sorry, I'm idle for now. Since the templates I'm using are questioned now, I'd rather wait for a new standart to be developed than to make more mistakes.

I love what you have done so far Silver. The pages are quite readable and interesting. I'm going to continue working on the text part of that first quest in the HE shadow chain and working my way through Sloeford. Since the Shadow path also needs work, and I actually have a Shadow path character that I'm interested in taking all the way through, I might as well take a look at those quests too.

I'd like to do the same thing with any undeveloped pages I find as I am proposing with undeveloped NPC pages. I would add the text to the page and make notes on my user page about what else needs to be done to complete the page. Is that a process that would work for other people?

Sorry, I'm idle for now. Since the templates I'm using are questioned now, I'd rather wait for a new standart to be developed than to make more mistakes.

Silver, I sent you a note regarding what I think is a new template Schot was working on early this morning around 4 am , did you see?

http://www.sacredwik...ristocratic_Spy

Loox pretty solid so far!

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. I want to echo the appreciation towards the effort that you have shown towards the NPC pages. Because of this method you have of presenting the NPC's up front and in our face, this attention has now manifested.

If this new template really is a solid one, than I'd have to spent some time correcting the NPC pages I created. But I have to be sure that the template won't change again and I won't have to redo this work once again.

If this new template really is a solid one, than I'd have to spent some time correcting the NPC pages I created. But I have to be sure that the template won't change again and I won't have to redo this work once again.

I agree with getting an okay with the template, so that none of your time is not wasted.

I've just dropped a bunch of dishes outside his door, and he's still not waking up (11.25 am here...lazy Schot!), but as soon as he's conscious he'll probably zip right to this topic to discuss the template.

:)

gogo

lol at the air horn! Yet maybe you'd let him sleep. After all working with those pages at 4am is not all that easy.

So it's around 12am in your time zone now... That explaines why I didn't notice the new page layout. I wasn't in the Internet when these changes happen. Now it's 10pm here where I live. I wonder how long I'd last today. And I sincerely hope that even at 2am I won't become a grumpy idiot again! I really want to know what you'd decide, since I want to work tomorrow while you would most probably be sleeping (so I won't have an opportunity to ask you).

By the way, I modified one pure NPC page I made some time ago to this template. Here it is: Ranger Mekeliel

• Like! 1

By the way, I modified one pure NPC page I made some time ago to this template. Here it is: Ranger Mekeliel

Beautiful! It looks like this template is going to work. We actually discussed a lot (argued) last night as we were going over ideas for this template. See, Silver, you had all of a sudden brought huge interest to NPC's. Your pro-image page, brought the inhabitants of this world face-up... and that was a lot of fun. Schot brought up issues like:

• What is the mjain resolution what most peeps use when looking at wiki pages
  • What is going to first show up on a page when a person opens it up on the primary request without scrolling down the page
  • How will a person use this page in conjunction with playing the game
  • Who uses NPC pages the most?

Schot worked with a number of different sizes for all the thumbgnails, trying to find a good compromise tween written content, links and initial impact. Your use of such a large image for the NPC was cool...but what we kept noticing was with the huge exclamation mark or question mark above the head, it seemed almost too much...and yet we "got" why that punctuation is important... cuz it defines the role of this character as being NPC.

I think Schot figgered out how much of a height that image could be max for most screens that are browsing the Wiki. And then from there, he came up with the double/map technique that he found was very useful when, like you said you did... you used to use directly from the page without having to open up another link.

Opening up that other link was, I think you'll agree with me, kind of a distraction from a quick, initial primary read that a fan could get from firstly opening up that page, and then just leaving it open while they make their way to the NPC to complete the quest, or , as Achievements would have it (So necessary for those console players!) Epic Office quest ^^

It looks like this new setup has great benefits and advantages from many points of view, and your use of it with the new NPC looks smashing.

See Silver, what you got us all to do!

:4rofl:

gogo

As for the question/exclamaton mark, the reason I kept it was their COLOR. You may not read the information about the NPC, yet you'd immediately understand what kind of quest this NPC offers. It also may be useful for newbies who want to recognize NPCs. Character-specific quests are marked with the blue question mark on the map, yet 'in reality' they are coloured differently (it is the most noticeable with the Inquisitor's quests, since they are red). One more thing is that there are quite a few types of the NPCs' appearance in game. So without their respectible signs they are hard to distinct from the ordinary citizens.

I thought about the screen-size too. I tried it with several resolutions too. And I have to say that I like that new template more than my old one. Both fits the screen (at least the 1280x800 one), yet this one looks more neat.

As for the maps, I started my work with the quest pages. And the first thought I had was about the fact that 'I want to see all the guide at the same time' to check it while playing, for example (I have 2 computers and usually Sacred and Internet are running at the same time). It is less noticeable with NPCs, yet I still want to see the description and the map at the same time.

Does your post mean that the template is settled? Do you want to discuss it once more?

Does your post mean that the template is settled? Do you want to discuss it once more?

The last dish I broke outside his door has woken him up, he'll be posting soon

:bounce:

gogo

I hope there are still some dishes left in your house...

By the way, there is one more trouble about this template. As usual there is an exception to every rule... In other words, there are some guys who don't want to fit into the standart banner-like vertical portrait. Like Dryad Shaman Nelyas and Orphas. There are quite a few of them, yet they exist.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates