Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Wait... what?! A couple hundred?! What's so wrong with those pages that such a big edit is needed? You are doing a great amount of work. As for me, I've done only... let me count... 46 NPC pages total. Come to think of it, it's not that much. There are so many things that can be described... Now I'm doing approximately 5-7 pages per day (sometimes less if I have more things to do at work or if my Internet connection doesn't want to work).

Edited by Silver_fox

I've only made it through a couple of quests so far today. I am running a light and a shadow character through each one to make sure I know that is supposed to be on the pages before I make any changes. Your pages look great Silver. I'm trying not to alter what is already on the pages too much. The people who have worked on those pages before worked really hard on them.

Gosh gogo -- that is a lot of pages to go through.

Thank you very much, Ysne. Actually, I always feel sorry when I alter the pages, because after my 'intrusion' they look nothing like they looked before. I know that it's for the best, yet still... That is why it is easier for me to start from a red link. Doing something is a happier process than re-doing something.

P.S. I've prepared images for the shadow NPCs, but I'm too tired to do the pages now. I'll do them tomorrow...

Thank you very much, Ysne. Actually, I always feel sorry when I alter the pages, because after my 'intrusion' they look nothing like they looked before. I know that it's for the best, yet still... That is why it is easier for me to start from a red link. Doing something is a happier process than re-doing something.

P.S. I've prepared images for the shadow NPCs, but I'm too tired to do the pages now. I'll do them tomorrow...

I am more than happy to leave them red for you. I have more than enough to do testing out all the quests and comparing them to the Wiki. Most of the changes I'm making are to add links to each page that weren't already there. I'm trying not to miss anything, but there is a lot there already.

Get some good sleep and have some chocolate in the morning...or whenever.

Done with the NPC I prepared yesterday. Now there are 3 guys less left to decsribe... for some reason I don't dare to count how many of them are left. Anyway, all the NPCs in the Seraphim Valley and Forgotten gardens have their new pages now. I wonder what region I should do next. I think, I'd do the Sloeford ones now (and others who are near Sloeford). It's not good to have the very beginning of the game undescribed.

I've done four of the Sloeford guys before, but there is so much more left to describe.

Edited by Silver_fox

Done with the NPC I prepared yesterday. Now there are 3 guys less left to decsribe... for some reason I don't dare to count how many of them are left. Anyway, all the NPCs in the Seraphim Valley and Forgotten gardens have their new pages now. I wonder what region I should do next. I think, I'd do the Sloeford ones now (and others who are near Sloeford). It's not good to have the very beginning of the game undescribed.

I've done four of the Sloeford guys before, but there is so much more left to describe.

Currently, the only class quest with NPCs listed on the Sloeford page is the Seraphim. So there are quite a few that do not even appear on the Sloeford page yet.

As far as counting how many NPC's there are left to go -- there are more the 600 quests in this game -- I don't dare to count the ones left either. It is rather daunting.

Yup, there is HE's blue chain start in Sloeford, that guy you can get a letter from. There are some hunters waiting for the Dryad near the town entrance. There are also NPCs from Dryad's quest about murdering cows here. If I'm not mistaken there is nothing for TG and DM in Sloeford itself, they should visit the Happy Cow Farm to get their quests. I'm not sure about SW and Inquisitor, so I'd have to check them.

Yup, there is HE's blue chain start in Sloeford, that guy you can get a letter from. There are some hunters waiting for the Dryad near the town entrance. There are also NPCs from Dryad's quest about murdering cows here. If I'm not mistaken there is nothing for TG and DM in Sloeford itself, they should visit the Happy Cow Farm to get their quests. I'm not sure about SW and Inquisitor, so I'd have to check them.

Inquisitor has two NPC's in Sloeford. SW's quest starts in or near High Elf Outpost 1

TG has one "Benny" a child you reach just before you reach the child that gives you the Playing with Bears Quest.

Edited by Ysne58

Now I'm preparing pictures for Sloeford NPCs with my Light HE. Also adding the missing ones to the Place page. Some of them are still missing though. I'll check all the other character-specific NPCs later, after completing pages for the ones I'm preparing now.

Cool :)

We're always looking for help wade-newb. I think I'm going to let Schot or gogo answer this one. There's so much left to do on the wiki and they'll have a better idea on what's needed most :)

Cheers Knuckles. :)

Heya wade, did you have something in mind you'd like to work on? Maybe there's some PS3 specific instructional content we need?

It's nice to see you here, Knuckles. I've noticed your new pages in the 'Recent changes'. They look good. How do you manage to make them so fast? I'm so-o-o slo-o-ow compared to you.

@wade-newb: Is it possible to take screenshots on consoles? There are a lot of pictures needed in the various sections. By the way, what characters do you have? Some of the character-specific quests still lack description. Maybe some of them are familiar to you and you may write something about them.

I have all the pics/links ready beforehand...so it's just uploading and inserting into template. Only thing that takes a bit is descriptions and directions :D

It also helps having 2 monitors going. I have all the page links I want (Map, Bestiary, Quests, Places etc) on the left monitor and page I'm working on, on the right monitor. Sometimes I also have the game running on right monitor too if I want to double check something.

With these NPC pages, it is usually a descrition that takes me some time. But I find it interesting to find out some things about a person and his/her story from only a few dialogs. It's like a game to me. So I don't mind spending my time on these pages. But... I'm not extremely productive.

You are waaaay too critical of yourself Silver :)

Everything I've seen has been top notch. I'm just giving basic descriptions/directions. Mostly I'm doing pics. But you're breathing life into your pages with all the detailed descriptions. TBH that is much harder than what I am doing. And both quality and quantity has been excellent.

All my savedata got lost when my HDD failed recently, so all I've got is a level 4 Shadow Warrior :P

Screenshots I can do, but it seems Knuckles has got those down. I can also record video/gameplay, but I dont know how that could be applied.

All my savedata got lost when my HDD failed recently, so all I've got is a level 4 Shadow Warrior :P

Screenshots I can do, but it seems Knuckles has got those down. I can also record video/gameplay, but I dont know how that could be applied.

Hello Wade, and welcome to DarkMatters!

Ahhh, someone who wants to help eh...

:devil:

I saw in your post that you can do video work. There is definitely place on the wiki which you could add to with that. For example, you can take mini-vids of of Combat Arts. No more than 5 - 10seconds each. Here's a link to an example made by Schot. It's very informative, and he's careful to get the best angles to "show off" a Combat so when people see it, they immmedietely get a kind of "feel" for whether this Combat Art is for them or not.

Here's an example of a few Combat Videos Schot made of Gar 'Colossus, a boss in the game that Schot wanted to make a video of to show fans this particular enemy's Combat Art in use.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Gar'Colossus_Boss

With the consoles, I would have thought the difficulty in capturing images would be more of a problem than their resolution (which I thought was on par with the pc version).

Thank you very much. You definitely tend to praise me a lot.

Done with 5 Sloeford NPCs today. Pics for 7 more are prepared, but I think they'd wait for tomorrow. There are also some guys in this town I didn't even start to work with. But they would have to wait a bit longer, since I'm pretty sure that the mentioned 7 would keep me busy tomorrow.

In other words, the Sloeford area would be under construction for some time. I'm not changing the quest pages though. The new template isn't ready yet, so I don't want to make changes that would need to be redone again.

lol, oops...forgot to put in Schot's link to that page he made with the great mini videos of Combat Arts from Gar'Collosus:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Gar'Colossus_Boss

It's actually, I think, one of the best pages done on teh Wiki. The quality or writing forma...

Schot did a first class job on this.

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates