Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

On a side note: 7 more guys were done today. 5 of them are ordinary NPCs, 1 is enemy-NPC, and one of a new type - easter egg-NPC. In other words, I did an NPC page for Sergeant Flavius too. Especially because he has a personal logbook-entry in CM-patch.

The next ones would be an NPC for a new 'Farm Owner' quest (OMG there are so much of them in this quest! But others aren't in Sloeford) and the Shadow campaign quest giver. And the ones from character-specific quests, at least for Seraphim and TG. So Sloeford remains the area of construction.

On a side note: 7 more guys were done today. 5 of them are ordinary NPCs, 1 is enemy-NPC, and one of a new type - easter egg-NPC. In other words, I did an NPC page for Sergeant Flavius too. Especially because he has a personal logbook-entry in CM-patch.

The next ones would be an NPC for a new 'Farm Owner' quest (OMG there are so much of them in this quest! But others aren't in Sloeford) and the Shadow campaign quest giver. And the ones from character-specific quests, at least for Seraphim and TG. So Sloeford remains the area of construction.

There are a lot of NPC's in Sloeford. I agree with you that because it is the first town new players see, it is important to document as accurately as possible. It is really good that you are taking your time and doing it right.

Just wanted to say, that I've done a very-very-VERY half-baked page for 'The Farm Owner' quest. It's not finished yet. I'll write the detailed walkthrough when all the pics would be done and the page layout would be determined. I made it because I was collecting pics for the NPCs anyway so I made some screens of this quest too. I also wanted to really collect all the pics we were planning to insert into the new quest template.

I'll return to this page later. So it is 'in process' now.

Just wanted to say, that I've done a very-very-VERY half-baked page for 'The Farm Owner' quest. It's not finished yet. I'll write the detailed walkthrough when all the pics would be done and the page layout would be determined. I made it because I was collecting pics for the NPCs anyway so I made some screens of this quest too. I also wanted to really collect all the pics we were planning to insert into the new quest template.

I'll return to this page later. So it is 'in process' now.

*Sends Silver more Chocolate*

I'm much better at double checking, editing and adding links to already existing pages than I am at adding new content.

Star_Wars:

Added that the Desert_Jazz_Bar looks like the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Added that mobilicum and monitor lizard look like the mount of Obi-Wan and General Grevious in their battle in EpisodeIII.

Desert_Jazz_Bar:

Added that the layout is the one of the Mos Eisley Cantina of Star Wars. Since the Desert Jazz Bar seems to have no name in Sacred2 yet, why not rename it for its Star Wars equivalent?

That is a good idea to finally add this easter eggs. Maybe if I would have some time, I'd try to find the mounts in the Episode III to put some illustrations. And maybe it's a good idea to put the picture of a bar from the Star wars next to the screen of the Desert bar too.

P.S. Thank you, Ysne. Though a half-baked job doesn't deserve to be praised so much.

That is a good idea to finally add this easter eggs. Maybe if I would have some time, I'd try to find the mounts in the Episode III to put some illustrations. And maybe it's a good idea to put the picture of a bar from the Star wars next to the screen of the Desert bar too.

P.S. Thank you, Ysne. Though a half-baked job doesn't deserve to be praised so much.

Speaking of half baked, I deleted the content I put in that first quest for the High Elf shadow chain quest. I need to double check everything in it and I want to wait until the new quest plate is up and running before I take another stab at it. Granted that was my first attempt at actually writing a quest page... but it didn't meet my standards for readability and accuracy.

I'm working with NPCs from The Farm Owner quest now. Though the quest starts in Sloeford, all the others belong to a Happy Cow Farm, so the Sloeford guys have to wait a bit. I've already done NPC pages for the 3 main characters of this quest. Now all that's left is to do pages for the simple hirelings (Oh, my... there are six hirelings in this quest). And after that my wiki work would probably return to Sloeford.

Done with all the NPCs and enemies from The Farm Owner quest (I can't believe I'm finally done. There were too many of them) Also done the pages for NPCs and quest enemy from Seraphim's Children and Demons (So there are less NPCs left in Sloeford now).

P.S. I'm an official Sacred Wiki Member now! I don't know whom I should thank for this, therefore I wanted to say 'Thank you' to all of you.

P.P.S. On a side note, is wiki server OK? It works so slow the last three days. I'm getting tired of seeing the 408th error (I mean 'Error 408 Request time-out') every time I try to get a preview of a page with more then one image on it...

I have had slow connection from time to time as well. Also, I am now having to log in every time I try to edit something.

I really love your work Silver. Those pages are all looking really nice.

Edited by Ysne58

Connection for me seems to be good. Silver which browser are you using, Chrome? Our of all the browsers for the wiki, chrome seems, for me to be the fastest. If you guys are still getting spotty responses after today, we can follow up on this, with even a ticket to our hoster.

:)

gogo

I just wanted to ask, how about adding [[sacred 2:Community Member Patch Quests]] to the Quests page, since it already has the 'Ice and Blood quests' there. I just don't know where to list CM-specific quests in the Quest section of wiki. And I feel a bit bad about the red quests link on the CM page. Especially when some of the CM-only quests were already mentioned in some sections of wiki.

Edited by Silver_fox

Silver, I'll ask Brad more about this when he gets home. It looks like we're going to have to do some reconciling on where the "pull" for info on these quests is going to come from. You say the links are red on that page for quests on cm patch.. will go over that with Brad to see what kind of page that will ultimately link to as a kind of index for cm patch quests.

:)

gogo

That's OK to wait for some time. I just wanted to note that the CM quests are mentioned in the Places and NPC sections, but in the quest section there still no place to list them all. Of course, they aren't properly described yet, but it bothers me a bit. The pages with 'Available only with CM Patch' mark on them are slowly multiplying, so we should decide what to do with them. Or later we'd have to search through the wiki in order to list the pages that were created, yet not connected to any list.

I just got through the Judriel and Romdreal chain quest in Thylysium. I thought about adding a comment about Romeo and Juliet but decided not to until after checking with everyone else. Those names are just too similar for that not to be some kind of easter egg.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Judriel_and_Romdreal

Edited by Ysne58

I just got through the Judriel and Romdreal chain quest in Thylysium. I thought about adding a comment about Romeo and Juliet but decided not to until after checking with everyone else. Those names are just too similar for that not to be some kind of easter egg.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Judriel_and_Romdreal

And I always considered it too obvious to mention specially... But actually this quest definitely is a reference to the famous story. Not only their names, but the story about forbidden love and stuff. Of course the ending is much different, but after all Shakespeare's characters didn't have a hero to protect and save them. By the way, I wonder what would happen if they actually die (if they can of course). No doubt that the quest would be failed, but what about the log entry.

It was a bit sad to see all that 'image was moved or deleted' on some mounts pages, so I decided to make new pics for Wind Serpent. Actually only some of them were deleted from photobucket, but I decided to did new pics for all the mounts, since I wanted them to match each other. Hope it turned out well.

By the way, I tried Judriel and Romdreal quest. These elves are immortal, so it's impossible to make a tragedy out of this story anyway.

Speaking of possible easter eggs, why are 'Benny's Corn Circles' named this way? Who is Benny? Benny Kayser? I think it's possible since there is nobody named Benny in this region in game.

I'm also planning to do some more Sloeford NPCs today. I've prepared images for three of them and I hope to make them pages today.

Edited by Silver_fox

heh, that's a good question regarding Benny... maybe he was the dev who came up with the crop circle idea for the quest? Great work on the mounts as well! I know there is some work there in that mount area, ever since the ice and blood came...and my "feel" for the entire page, is that it could do with a fresh re-write to run the process of discovery for readers a little smoother.

Silver, this page here is fantastic!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Wind_Serpent&action=history

noone's gonna stay on foot after seeing the way you made the mounts look, and the frames really work here.

I had some extra time here this morning, soooo... I finally decided to do some work on reconciing all the different swamp pages that were in the wiki, all linking to different areas. Me and Schot had seen this a while back, but were saving the redux for a rainy day.

Well, it's not raining outside, but it is snowing, so...

There were about three pages I found:

The Swamp Region

Swamp

The Swamp

After discussing with SChot a while back regarding the renaming of the regions to basic The Swamp or Dyr Lain, etc... I first manually edited all the pages for Dyr Lain a while back, and the project turned out well, and so now it was time for The Swamp to happen.

I moved all the info from Swamp page into the now correct one called The Swamp...this preserved all the history, and then moved info from a page I had made when the game came out The Swamp Region into The Swamp... once the new page had all those info and history properly set up on it, I then began this morning the process of manually editing redirecting all the links from Swamp to The Swamp.

A few hours later, lol and about 150 edits later, job is done, and that region is complete.

The orcs is looking good for the next one... we'll save that for another blizzard day.

:P

gogo

Thank you, gogo. Actually, I agree that the mounts need a rewrite, but now I just wanted all pics to be on the page (since some photobucket links were dead). So I made the pictures, but didn't even try to think about the text. By the way, I was unpleasantly surprised that in Ice and Blood HE's mount is named... Fay Drake (but it's Wind Serpent with CM again). We should also write about the new quest, and the new special horses... and many other things.

I noticed your giant work with The Swamps. It was a really big renaming.

On a side note, I made three NPCs today. Two more are prepared (The ones from TG's special quests). Maybe I'd do one more page now. But to finish Sloeford I need to describe all those numerous entities from Dryad's blue chain.

I will take a look Unique Mounts Quest as well as the Ice & Blood add on. I have done the Mount quest with each class and I have done the Ice & Blood one at least once. I can come back to Thylysium afterwards.

I think Benny's Corn Circles probably is in honor of Benny Kayser. I would also guess the same is true of the character Benny who shows up in Slowford in the Temple Guardian class chain quest and the name Buddix for the character that gives the Corn Circles quest.

heh, that's a good question regarding Benny... maybe he was the dev who came up with the crop circle idea for the quest? Great work on the mounts as well! I know there is some work there in that mount area, ever since the ice and blood came...and my "feel" for the entire page, is that it could do with a fresh re-write to run the process of discovery for readers a little smoother.

Silver, this page here is fantastic!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Wind_Serpent&action=history

noone's gonna stay on foot after seeing the way you made the mounts look, and the frames really work here.

I had some extra time here this morning, soooo... I finally decided to do some work on reconciing all the different swamp pages that were in the wiki, all linking to different areas. Me and Schot had seen this a while back, but were saving the redux for a rainy day.

Well, it's not raining outside, but it is snowing, so...

There were about three pages I found:

The Swamp Region

Swamp

The Swamp

After discussing with SChot a while back regarding the renaming of the regions to basic The Swamp or Dyr Lain, etc... I first manually edited all the pages for Dyr Lain a while back, and the project turned out well, and so now it was time for The Swamp to happen.

I moved all the info from Swamp page into the now correct one called The Swamp...this preserved all the history, and then moved info from a page I had made when the game came out The Swamp Region into The Swamp... once the new page had all those info and history properly set up on it, I then began this morning the process of manually editing redirecting all the links from Swamp to The Swamp.

A few hours later, lol and about 150 edits later, job is done, and that region is complete.

The orcs is looking good for the next one... we'll save that for another blizzard day.

:P

gogo

That is a huge amount of work Gogo. The wiki and everyone involved is thankful.

I think Benny's Corn Circles probably is in honor of Benny Kayser. I would also guess the same is true of the character Benny who shows up in Slowford in the Temple Guardian class chain quest and the name Buddix for the character that gives the Corn Circles quest.

Well, I'm pretty sure about the corn circles, because the first thought I had when noticed that there is nobody named Benny around, was exactly the same thought that gogo told us: It must be named after the dev who made it. I didn't even know about the Benny Kayser's existance back then.

But I'm not so sure about the boys. Well, 'Benjamin' is quite a common name, isn't it? So Sloeford's Benny may be just random. As for Buddix, my first thought of him was 'just a buddy'.

I wasn't a very active contributor the last two days... But I did a page for one more CM-legendary. And this one is really special, because... Well, take a look at the Essence of Dark Matters. This item is the CM developers' way to say thank you. But I think that it's us who should say 'Thank you' to the CM-team.

Also made one more NPC. They really are never-ending. And now I want to make pics for the Dark Rituals quest.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates