Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

OK.. I decided to add a few lines to the Sacred 2 Sim page. It's that calculator thing that will give you the regen time of any particular CA depending on how many Runes you've eaten and socketed and what you're regen bonus happens to be...

Without the instructions - it seemed a bit... confusing. So I popped in a few real world values and gave it a test or two - and it jives with what is in the game.

If someone wants to double check what I wrote - to make sure it's correct..

Good writing, though some of it was in informal language, the bolding of letters as accent. Chagned to Formal.

Great clarification Wolfie, thanks

:)

gogo

There was a method to my madness for why I put in the word "memorized" instead of runes "read" - the game, if you look says "memorized".

post-14586-0-75006600-1376221978_thumb.jpg

And as you've said before - the Game is King...

• Like! 1

I hear you on that and agree with you.

I've now linked it to the runes page, this way the word memorize offers direction to it's definition in the Wiki.

This is happening because the tool is not using proper Wiki language itself.."slotted" and "read" are both there in the tool, and from Runes page which should serve as our base line, as you noted, it's using memorized.

gogo

p.s. I like Game is God btw... it's mildly alliterative qualities amuse me :D

Which is why I put what I put there - as a sort of translation for the tool which is using gamer slang instead of what's in the game. From the look of the page, it doesn't seem like the calculator thing can be edited - it doesn't seem to be on the Sacred Wiki domain - so if someone who has access to the thing can fix it, it would be all that much better.

AND...

FEH! I seem to have made a right proper mess of the bleeping Easter Egg page while creating a link for the Coke vs Pepsi thing. The code looks correct, but doesn't seem to want to work properly. Can someone tell me WHERE I went wrong?

PS - why don't we compromise - the Game is Pharaoh. After all, Pharaohs were both kings AND gods... :D

Edited by wolfie2kX

Was chatting with gogo and he asked me to take a look...

Was missing a bracket at the end....real easy to miss as there was 2 already there....done it a million times myself

GRR.. 3 ]'s...? Seriously.. Who thinks up this crap? GRR!

Thanks btw. for the fix.

Meanwhile, Robb rest easy - took a pic of coke&pepsi and posted it on the page. At least I got THAT much right.

Also did a bit of 'theivery' - used coke&pepsi's neighbor and quest giver's maps - so no need to deal with that. I figure WTH - they're standing maybe 10 feet apart - at the most.

I wonder if I should do an unarmed combat page, or just add unarmed combat to the combat arts which somehow support unarmed combat.

For some shield using characters unarmed seems to be an option. Instead a single strike with a weapon they do doublestrikes if having no weapon.

My unarmed SW without x% lifeleech is currently in platin at level 60, and I thnk most know the kungfu dryads.

• Like! 1

I wonder if I should do an unarmed combat page, or just add unarmed combat to the combat arts which somehow support unarmed combat.

For some shield using characters unarmed seems to be an option. Instead a single strike with a weapon they do doublestrikes if having no weapon.

My unarmed SW without x% lifeleech is currently in platin at level 60, and I thnk most know the kungfu dryads.

I think that is a big enough topic for it's own page chattius.

I just finished up the Pointed Peak page. I sorted the NPC section and added some info to the transportation section.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Pointed_Peak

Was just looking at the Combat Arts page on the Wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Combat_Arts

Your addition will definitely go well, you can add a new title to the list here:

Combat Art Types [edit] See Also

And then populate that page with the information you want to add

Thanks Chattius, this is great info, these categorizations or interpretations of Combat Art in use is one of the most helpful things to players.

We can always help out with edits on the page after you populate it first so that your name is listed in history

Cheers!

gogo

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Prisoner%27s_Camp

sorted, corrected grammar in transportation section

There are lots of sentences that don't have periods at the end. That is not an easy thing to catch either.

Should I start a places page for these edits so they don't continue to clog up this thread?

Edited by Ysne58

I'll start posting after every fourth page then, unless I come across a huge issue. I'm not as familiar with quests beyond Tyr Lysia so I'm really glad others are catching some of those.

sorted, made several additions to correct grammar and missing punctuation

sorted, added a missing NPC, there may be more missing

no NPCs here but added some info and corrected some grammar

added one link in transportation section -- sorted -- Christian Bus has that double s symbol in the german so English should either have that symbol or two s's.

• Like! 1

Ysne58, on 11 Aug 2013 - 11:59, said:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Royal_Honky-Tonk_Tavern

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Skook%27s_Corner

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Tavern_Lakeview

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Trallheim_Manor

added one link in transportation section -- sorted -- Christian Bus has that double s symbol in the german so English should either have that symbol or two s's.

Honky Tonk Tavern - Added Beer Brewer Jasper - part of the Hunting Scoundrels side quest and cleaned up a few things - there's a monolith right next door to the tavern building. And gave the information a 3PF treatment. DONE

Skook's Corner - Fixed some typos (Croner instead of Corner, Epic Office Quest, not Empty, etc...) Added 2 NPCs - Tallin and Lydia - both involved in Ephraim's Nightmare... And got rid of the enemies. ... And whoever posted the location got bit by the east/west bug. Corrected that. DONE

Tavern Lakeview - fixed a few typos, gave it some 3PF luv. DONE.

Trallheim Manor - Looks OK to me. As far as Christian Bus' name... yes, it should be the "sharp S" or "ß" but I don't think most people - unless they're German or studied German would have a clue about what that character means. The same situation applies to Catarina Zeiß (or Zeiss) located in Pointed Peak.

Suggestion - check inside the game on the Epic Office Quest to see how they spell it - as Gogo says - the game is god...

Edited by gogoblender

Ysne58, on 11 Aug 2013 - 11:59, said:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Royal_Honky-Tonk_Tavern

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Skook%27s_Corner

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Tavern_Lakeview

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Trallheim_Manor

Honky Tonk Tavern - Added Beer Brewer Jasper - part of the Hunting Scoundrels side quest and cleaned up a few things - there's a monolith right next door to the tavern building. And gave the information a 3PF treatment. DONE

Skook's Corner - Fixed some typos (Croner instead of Corner, Epic Office Quest, not Empty, etc...) Added 2 NPCs - Tallin and Lydia - both involved in Ephraim's Nightmare... And got rid of the enemies. ... And whoever posted the location got bit by the east/west bug. Corrected that. DONE

Tavern Lakeview - fixed a few typos, gave it some 3PF luv. DONE.

Trallheim Manor - Looks OK to me. As far as Christian Bus' name... yes, it should be the "sharp S" or "ß" but I don't think most people - unless they're German or studied German would have a clue about what that character means. The same situation applies to Catarina Zeiß (or Zeiss) located in Pointed Peak.

Suggestion - check inside the game on the Epic Office Quest to see how they spell it - as Gogo says - the game is god...

There's some nice work here, great job Wolfie

I also think the data that Knuckles added should remain instead of being removed, but instead repositioned.

All data is actually good, it's about positioning it so that it becomes useful to readers in specic or useful situations.

I think that what Knuckles was trying to do was list enemies that were in surrounding environs, which is highly useful to players that are on an approach or egress from a "place"

In this case what we can do to find use for that data, is to position it as Local vicinity, or directly around...something like that

Does this work?

gogo

Yeah that was my intention...since we had a spot for it in the template I didn't want the Enemies section to be blank. I figured enemies in the immediate vicinity would work. Guess I gave the impression that they were all found in-town, and that wasn't what I was trying to convey.

It also alleviates the issue for some towns as to what their boundaries actually are. Like Dyr Laigh. There are no enemies within the center of town but do we count that temple over by the way point?

I would break up the enemies into 2 sub-groups. 'In Town' and 'Surrounding Area' (or however we name them). It retains all the present info and clarifies it at the same time.

We're looking at other pages now, to see how this has been treated effectively. If you look at Thylsseum, sloeford and griffinborough, you'll see that notes have been put in Enemies that describe in and our outside. A simple sentence like this allows the data to repositioned and now become valuable.

example Sloeford:

For a novice player Sloeford and its surrounding area is the best place to begin the battle. Nearby there can be found a variety of opponents such as wolves, High Elves and Kobolds. For the most part the enemy damage type and resistance around Sloeford are purely physical .

example: Thyliseum:

Enemies

There are no enemies in town unless you are completing one of the many quests located here. Outside of Thylysium you will encounter Brigands, Thieves, Rats, Boars, Brown Bears, Undead Legionnaires and Small Toxic Elementals.

example: Griffinborough

Enemies

Players may encounter Rats if they descend into the sewers or try to compete the Hunt for Rats quest. As well,Zombies may be encountered by opening the graves on the cemetery. Aside from these enemies, only a few other quest enemies may be found within the city.

Outside, however, any traveler who goes outside the city gates would encounter numerous Assassins, Brigand Leaders and Slave Outcasts. There are also a large number of Timberwolves, Black Bears and Tuskers in the forests around the city.

We can just add a single line to explain about what the Enemies in this case mean, and we preserve the data, no need to remove it

So basically the walk through of procedure in this case would be...if an editor comes across an enemy listing in a place, quest, etc, and it's not clear where the enemies are...it can just be added with a sentence

gogo

I like how you organize this work into this post, it's easy to verify and check through, plus it's still full of motivation

Thank you!

gogo

Just converted all the bbcode into wiki code.

From this 

[center] [/center]

To this <center> </center>

Not sure how many that was but it sure was a lot of time saved.

• Like! 1

Just converted all the bbcode into wiki code.

From this 

[center] [/center]

To this <center> </center>

Not sure how many that was but it sure was a lot of time saved.

I can imagine...in the old days this would have taken forever

Recent history is quite full.

Schot's filled it all up!

;bounce:

gogo

Sorted and one grammar correction.

sorted and changed wording on Skook's corner location in description

added to transportation and enemies section

sorted and the epic office employee properly linked

I think Urthok's Moxie is my favorite place in Sacred 2.

Thanks gogo.

Edited by Ysne58
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates