Ilgard's Judgement - THE SET THAT KILLS YOU!

Cthulhu

I'm not going to go into too many details...

When you equip the full Inquisitor set "Ilgard's Judgement", you gain the set bonus + [X]% chance to cause SERIOUS OPEN WOUNDS.

That sounds great, especially since this is the debuff that causes your enemies MAX HP to drop by a certain percentage temporarily, right?

But wait until you find this out... IT'S BUGGED AND IT HITS THE INQUISITOR INSTEAD!

Even better, it can stack!

So now my HC 115 Inquisitor is dead because of this set (died with 1/1 HP).

http://www.sacred2.net/#/char.html?char=117170

Unless Ascaron has the ability and the desire to revive him (I don't care what anyone says, this was their fault. That set was NOT doing this before 2.34)... I'm done with this game. I'm not going through another 6+days to get another Inquisitor back up to where I was due to a mistake on the behalf of the game's creator.

I suggest that you AVOID this set unless you want to see your Inquisitor drop dead for no reason.

Edited by Cthulhu

This is sick... 115 HC Inquisitor dies because of a bug... It seems the creators of Sacred 2 have still quite a lot of bugs to deal with. I feel for your loss. This was quite a char you had there.

I really think the creators are bound to restore your character. It is extremely improper that someone loses a week's work because of carelessness on the behalf of the people you paid to get this game.

Makes me think I'll stick to softcore until I'm sure the game is free of bugs... Lame, I know...

Edited by Dobri

Awh Cthulhu. I'm really sorry about that. :) Believe me, I can understand how frustrated you are. When something like that happens it's best to take a break from Sacred for a couple days. I've had to during my Sacred UW career, heh. In the meantime I'm going to try and reproduce this bug and, depending on results, report it to Ascaron. If there are any specific points to this bug please let me know. :)

Cthulhu, first off very sorry for your loss....it's always harder if from a bug. But I would contact Ascaron and request a 'rollback'. Since you died with full set on and it seems that this bug can be easily re-produced, Ascaron should be able to test and then reset your account. I remember something like this happening in S1 also where Open Wounds mod ( I think) would cause a chain reaction where eventually it would start damaging you.

If they do rollback your account, it would be for all characters (if it works like S1) so any progress on other toons since your Inquisitor died would also be lost. So I strongly recommend emailing Ascaron as soon as possible, if you haven't yet.

Again sorry about your Inquisitor and hopefully Ascaron will do the right thing and restore him

I remember something like this happening in S1 also where Open Wounds mod ( I think) would cause a chain reaction where eventually it would start damaging you.

it were many bugs like this under diffrent conditions, like orlas ligthing balls from the ground, if someone entred the server with full orlas spear or you suddenly lose high amoust of hit points ( that were supposed to happen to deamons flying over water when time was up )

edit: oops sorry offtopic :)

Edited by Erling

I think I remember something like this happening with Wounds from the original Sacred. Cthulhu, I'm really sorry. I had a great time playing with you in the servers. Your jokes and energy kept the slogging through levels fun. I do hope Ascaron can help you out with this if you pm them. They were able to do do a roll back for one of my characters that got changed (against her will) into a Soft core one.

:P

gogo

Thanks for the words of encouragement and consolation.

I would contact Ascaron, but I do not know who to contact.

-Llama8 left a reply to my post in the bug/feedback forum on the official site and said he sent a message to Ascaron about the bug; however I do not know if he meant that he was just reporting the bug or if he was mentioning the fact that I would like my character to get rolled back as well.

-I debated sending a PM to Carolyn about what happened, but I posted the bug report far in advance of her having been on the forums today. She looked like she was pretty busy putting up with the beligerant folks in the tech support forums... so I don't know if she'll have enough time to "go to bat" for me.

Regardless, I'm sure if I even can have my character rolled back, I probably won't see anything done for at least a week (I imagine). Perhaps with the new patch there may be some ramifications such as a global HC character revival, but I don't want to sit on hopes based in speculation.

----------------

Also, since I posted the bug, 2 other players on the EU servers left replies. Earlier today I noticed there were other dead HC Inquisitors wearing the full Illgard set. They also died with 1 HP.

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=56236

They said they sent a message to Ascaron, but they never heard back (since December). I'm not feeling very encouraged at the moment, despite Ascaron's history of staying close to their fans.

-----------------

If they do rollback your account, it would be for all characters (if it works like S1) so any progress on other toons since your Inquisitor died would also be lost. So I strongly recommend emailing Ascaron as soon as possible, if you haven't yet.

Again sorry about your Inquisitor and hopefully Ascaron will do the right thing and restore him

Hmm, I did not touch my characters since I died, so I don't think there will have been any loss. Well, maybe the couple of rings/ammies I bought at a vendor before getting killed by the bug.

I guess I would send an email to Service_Sacred@ascaron.com, right?

Awh Cthulhu. I'm really sorry about that. :) Believe me, I can understand how frustrated you are. When something like that happens it's best to take a break from Sacred for a couple days. I've had to during my Sacred UW career, heh. In the meantime I'm going to try and reproduce this bug and, depending on results, report it to Ascaron. If there are any specific points to this bug please let me know. :D

OPTIMUS!!

Hehe, sorry. I like your avatar. :P

Anyway, if you want to reproduce the bug, wearing the full Ilgard set should be enough to set it off. Just pay close attention to your HP while you're doing normal killing activities.

+ I've noticed that it usually will start to happen when you're hitting stuff. Also, I've seen the bug occur in just about any area of the game on my SP characters (as well as my poor dead Inquisitor). That's why I am certain the effect is not being reflected.

(-)Furthermore, I have never noticed the enemies actually losing any HP. The only time I thought it was working was when the Nameless Guardian was listed as having 1 HP in the "last opponent killed" window, but it apparently was due to the bug Antitrust spotted a few weeks ago.

+ The only thing I did not try was seeing if it may trigger when you have a certain buff equipped on the Inquisitor. Typically, I play with all 3 buffs on or, in the very least, Purifying Chastisement. So you might want to see if the various buffs may have something to do with it. Oh, and also - I've never used Permanent Doppelganger on any of my Ilgard wearing Inquisitors, so I'm sure you can rule that one out.

Edited by Cthulhu

Hehe, love my Transformers! Optimus is of course only THE best cartoon hero... Ever! Oh heck. He's the best hero of any kind! :) Thanx for the avy comps!

I just made a quick check on things and I can assure you Cthulhu that the right people are looking at this problem. Oh and you can't leave. Not with so many other ways to die out there just waiting to be tripped over, lol.

I won't lie. The bugs can be frustrating at times, not to mention fatal, but we alwys have our HC gang to pull us through when lose it all. So hang in a while longer and try a piece of gogo's HC to SC conversion pie. :D

:D

Sorry for the confusion Cthulhu, I'd posted the bug to Ascaron. I've also sent Carolyn an email as well to see how you get an account rollback. I think that email address (Service_Sacred@ascaron.com) looks like the correct one (I should know this...).

Hehe, love my Transformers! Optimus is of course only THE best cartoon hero... Ever! Oh heck. He's the best hero of any kind! :) Thanx for the avy comps!

I just made a quick check on things and I can assure you Cthulhu that the right people are looking at this problem. Oh and you can't leave. Not with so many other ways to die out there just waiting to be tripped over, lol.

I won't lie. The bugs can be frustrating at times, not to mention fatal, but we alwys have our HC gang to pull us through when lose it all. So hang in a while longer and try a piece of gogo's HC to SC conversion pie. :D

Heh, you're welcome (and I agree, Optimus exceeds ALL. I wish the spear in Sacred 2 that looks like it was named after him was really a pistol. It'd make more sense, IMO).

And thanks for the encouragement (I might try a slice of that pie... is it sun flavored or is it lime meringue?). I really do not want to leave, and furthermore, I am not "MAD" at Ascaron. Games are the hardest software to program, after all. Unfortunately, I want to stick to principle on this matter... and in the least, I think it's best to abide by Knuckles advice. I'd rather not lose any progress on my Closed.Net account in the even that Ascaron does want to give me a roll back. :-/

Sorry for the confusion Cthulhu, I'd posted the bug to Ascaron. I've also sent Carolyn an email as well to see how you get an account rollback. I think that email address (Service_Sacred@ascaron.com) looks like the correct one (I should know this...).

Thank you for clearing that up sir. And no worries, you've done plenty good.

.... why haven't they added you in as a secret boss in Sacred 2 yet? ;)

Edited by Cthulhu

Re: Firstoff: sorry to hear about your char loss. Like llama says, you can get a rollback... but it rolls your ENTIRE account back.

So, don't expect any changes since the last back up to still exist after the account is restored. That is, all your characters and shared

storage will be affected.

Open Serious Wounds: Could the monsters have done a reflection on you? Using whatever CAs/bonues back at you?

I ask this because in S1 there were cases where Cerebropods were casting Fadmalar's fireballs (which will quickly kill a character) in Niobium. I've also had Cereborpods who disarmed my characters (disarm in S1 worked versus Weapon Lore, which my magic-based characters never took)) --so I would often (at higher char levels) lose my weapons due to monsters with disarm skill.

Open Serious Wounds: Could the monsters have done a reflection on you? Using whatever CAs/bonues back at you?

Frost, thanks for your consolation.

Also, do not take this personally, but I wish more people would read everything in these threads before they ask the same question you have. I've had to already answer that question 3-4 times in two other forums regarding this matter because people would not read where I've already answered the question.

To quote myself:

+ I've noticed that it usually will start to happen when you're hitting stuff. Also, I've seen the bug occur in just about any area of the game on my SP characters (as well as my poor dead Inquisitor). That's why I am certain the effect is not being reflected.

To elaborate, I was fighting spiders in the Swamp (I have NEVER seen weaving spiders reflect ANYTHING). I stopped for a second to open my inventory when suddenly I saw my mount die. I then knew what was happening, and I was reaching to hit F12, but it was too late - my Inquisitor dropped dead. As the UI vanished, I could see a lone green spider in the upper right hand corner doing nothing; I presume he's the one who hit me while my HP was at 1/1.

I then checked the Sacred 2 ladder and it showed I had 1 hp.

Furthermore, people have noted that they've been hit by the 1/1 hp bug when doing nothing: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...mp;postcount=16

Edit: Well, I sent an email to service_sacred@ascaron.com. I hope whoever monitors that box will write back. I left them with an overview of everything pertaining to the matter and how they can replicate the bug if they wish. If you want to see what I sent, I'll C&P it; otherwise, I guess it's time to just wait and see how this story develops.

Edited by Cthulhu

I'm wondering now if the 'Weaken' Aura is bugged. I believe the Olms use it. I'd have to go research a bit but I think it lowers your your HP total (think the boss scorp also does this). But when you take an open or serious wound (or maybe just plain damage) either from enemy or from bugged equip it gets caught in a vicious loop and lowers your HP total to 1. I've never had this happen as all my toons used Grim Resilience (insane willpower boost) or Spell Resistance. Just wondering if your Inquisitor had SR on it.

oh and that email was correct. They're usually pretty good about responding in a few days. Not sure if you included account details/proof of ownership, but they'll ask if you didn't. I've never heard of them refusing a rollback when the fault was obviously theirs

That post sounded like a big warning. It seems that no class is safe from the 1/1 HP bug. Now we have to figure it out what causes it. I'm starting to think what my seraphim didn't die from the 1-hit (or 2 hit, that happened in a split-second) of the bugged garema warrior, but may have succumbed to a similar bug... However, it just doesn't come to mind what could have caused it, since I do not recall any aura or something while she died, and after I checked her at the ress monolith, everything was fine and she was 4200 HP as she should have been.

If anyone else has the bug (not on hardcore), maybe we can analyze after resurrecting what caused it based on the equipment? Having worked with programming for a while, I can surmise that it can also be caused a program loop (as knuckles said) or a rollover of a certain variable.

Dobri

However from what I read about your seraphim I'm not so sure that's the case. In most of the cases mentioned there were no apparent damage numbers to explain the sudden death. (Or at the very least not enough to add up).

The loop idea seems viable, and it's happened in Sacred before (skill rollovers...)

Testing would be good though, of course it needs some fairly specific variables to be examined. One of the few times where a level 200 full set character might be quite useful.

If you'd been hit at 1/1 HP you wouldn't have seen multiple 2.5k hits. It was worth considering but I suspect it wasn't the case, although there are other people who might have been hit by it as Seras (r00 for example with his sudden death)

Just wondering if your Inquisitor had SR on it.

oh and that email was correct. They're usually pretty good about responding in a few days. Not sure if you included account details/proof of ownership, but they'll ask if you didn't. I've never heard of them refusing a rollback when the fault was obviously theirs

Yeah, my Inquisitor had Spell Resistance, as well as -% detrimental magic effect and +% spell resistance boni. With the exception of this bug, it looked like SR was doing a pretty good job despite the fact that its outputs were not showing up anywhere on the UI tool tips.

And yes, I included identification features in the email such as my password. I probably should have included my CD-Key, now that I think of it... but if they want it, I'm sure they'll ask.

I wonder if they'll include a feedback/complaint/trouble ticket feature for their website sometime down the road. This was pretty cumbersome.

But thanks again Knuckles!

That post sounded like a big warning. It seems that no class is safe from the 1/1 HP bug. Now we have to figure it out what causes it. I'm starting to think what my seraphim didn't die from the 1-hit (or 2 hit, that happened in a split-second) of the bugged garema warrior, but may have succumbed to a similar bug... However, it just doesn't come to mind what could have caused it, since I do not recall any aura or something while she died, and after I checked her at the ress monolith, everything was fine and she was 4200 HP as she should have been.

If anyone else has the bug (not on hardcore), maybe we can analyze after resurrecting what caused it based on the equipment? Having worked with programming for a while, I can surmise that it can also be caused a program loop (as knuckles said) or a rollover of a certain variable.

As far as reproducing it in SC goes, I put the Illgard armor on a level 200 Inquisitor (single player mode) and started wandering around Ancaria. Sure enough, he would die for no reason whatsoever in very unlikely situations. When I paid attention to his life, it was doing the same thing as what happened to my HC character- randomly taking temporary drops from max/max HP to 1/1 in percentage based decrements!

I've noticed when you start fighting monsters who are at least 14-20+ levels higher than you (or somewhere around that number), monsters start to do ridiculous amounts of damage compared to what the "last opponent faced" info states. I think that's due to the fact that right now there's a very nasty armor penalty incurred when you fight monsters who are much stronger than you (level-wise). I wouldn't be surprised if this penalty gets lowered in an upcoming patch... but how people will react is another problem that hopefully Ascaron is prepared to deal with.

Edit: It's also possible that Armor Lore may be having some kind of internal roll-over bug that's giving you negative armor once the % increase goes over 255. I don't think this is possible since your total armor displayed never takes a sudden dive... but it wouldn't surprise me. BeeEffGee after all had (or still might have) roll-over problems once the spell starts to make weapon levels in excess of 255. Anything over 255 sets the BeeEffGee weapon level back down to X-255 (where X is the BeeEffGee weapon level indicated in the tool tip for the CA).

Edited by Cthulhu

I'll be sure to check that out. For example, I noticed something else transpiring with the BFG weapon - I know it's sort of off-topic, but since we're at it... I still hunt with Djalek's + shield for more XP per kill. When I summon the BFG weapon while I hold djalek's + shield in my hands, the summoned weapon seems to appear in a new slot with rather low attributes (damage somewhat 190-270, rather than the normal 300+), unless I go to a free slot (empty hands) and summon it there. THe weapon is with normal stats then.

Here's 2 shots that show this:

The low-damage BFG conjured while I hold Djalek's + shield (the other modifiers are just the same as the high-damage BFG):

lowbfglj4.th.jpg

Then the normal-damage BFG while I summon with empty hands:

normalbfgps7.th.jpg

I've noticed this since the beginning of the game. I hope you don't mind I used clickable images, since I didn't want to burden the topic with big pictures...

Edited by Dobri
I'll be sure to check that out. For example, I noticed something else transpiring with the BFG weapon - I know it's sort of off-topic, but since we're at it... I still hunt with Djalek's + shield for more XP per kill. When I summon the BFG weapon while I hold djalek's + shield in my hands, the summoned weapon seems to appear in a new slot with rather low attributes (damage somewhat 190-270, rather than the normal 300+), unless I go to a free slot (empty hands) and summon it there. THe weapon is with normal stats then.

Here's 2 shots that show this:

The low-damage BFG conjured while I hold Djalek's + shield (the other modifiers are just the same as the high-damage BFG):

lowbfglj4.th.jpg

Then the normal-damage BFG while I summon with empty hands:

normalbfgps7.th.jpg

I've noticed this since the beginning of the game. I hope you don't mind I used clickable images, since I didn't want to burden the topic with big pictures...

Actually, I have noticed this problem too; I still don't know what to make of it either. In the least, it seems that if you summon the BFG when you're holding something, you end up making one that displays the ice damage of the BFG instead of the overall physical damage. From my recollection, it doesn't seem to impact the overall performance of the BFG since it may just be a display bug... but I could be wrong.

Edit: Back on topic, and the closing on my dillemia with this bug -

I finally heard back from Ascaron:

Dear Stephen,

thank you for your detailed information. After a little chat with our developers, we can verify that this is a bug, but we’re on it. Unfortunately it is not possible to reset characters for us. That means, we’re sorry, but your Inquisitor is gone.

We know how hard this sounds and if we could change this, we truly would.

We hope that you will still have a good time online, even with this loss.

Best regards,

Heye Voss

techn. Service & Support

I'm a little surprised that they can't roll my account back; but feel rest assured, I'll carry on. Thanks again.

Edited by Cthulhu

I'm surprised no one had anything to say about the email I got from Voss. I'm honestly a little confused... from what he said, it sounds like the capability to roll back was removed? Ugh... @_@

Either they're unwilling to do that or they truly can't. This is really weird. I think there should be no problem in restoring a character... Makes me wonder what kind of databases they're using. A mysql database should be relatively easy to correct.

I hadn't seen that until now and I really am surprised... I could go into detail as to how that doesn't make sense but it may simply be a matter of new policy. All I can say is that they naturally have database backups which I would have to assume they also have the ability to apply those backups. Ultimately... What the heck would happen if some servers were fried? I'm sure they can but are opting not to do it on request. Given the recent discussions on "Just get Ascaron to roll-back characters" I'm not surprised. The times I have seen that comment here and at the SIF I would cringe and wonder if Ascaron is reading it too, heh. I can just imagine the floods of requests. I'm terribly fond of the response you got Cthulhu but at the same time I can understand... Still. Your loss is a sad one and if there is anything you need to get you back on your feet don't hesitate to post about it ok. ;)

I've added warnings about the bug on Sacred 2:Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds X% and Sacred 2:Ilgard's Judgment. When it is fixed I'll move the warnings lower down the page.

Edit:

Dobri-

I know what you mean. From a practical point of view, it should not be that hard.

But...

http://www.e-eis.com/cms/upload/TincatCont...er%20Manual.pdf

http://www.e-eis.com/cms/upload/TincatServerFramework.pdf

http://www.e-eis.com/cms/upload/Leporello_...8-10-17_web.pdf

... I think I may have seen too much today.

I hadn't seen that until now and I really am surprised... I could go into detail as to how that doesn't make sense but it may simply be a matter of new policy. All I can say is that they naturally have database backups which I would have to assume they also have the ability to apply those backups. Ultimately... What the heck would happen if some servers were fried? I'm sure they can but are opting not to do it on request. Given the recent discussions on "Just get Ascaron to roll-back characters" I'm not surprised. The times I have seen that comment here and at the SIF I would cringe and wonder if Ascaron is reading it too, heh. I can just imagine the floods of requests. I'm terribly fond of the response you got Cthulhu but at the same time I can understand... Still. Your loss is a sad one and if there is anything you need to get you back on your feet don't hesitate to post about it ok. :hugs:

I've added warnings about the bug on Sacred 2:Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds X% and Sacred 2:Ilgard's Judgment. When it is fixed I'll move the warnings lower down the page.

It does make some sense if you consider all of the lobby changes that have been going on this past month. I am guessing that the server vendor (I can't remember their name right now, but they're the ones who own the TinCat technology) may have worked out a policy change. A change that probably caused Ascaron some loss of control over the servers in exchange for the assurance of better performance.

Also, with the way things are going right now over at Studio II... the PS3 & Xbox 360 deadlines approaching fast... the next patch being worked on... and all of the improvements that will be coming to Sacred2.net.... maybe the communication channels are too tight for Voss to get someone to fulfill my request. Judging from the way his email was written, in the least, it sounds like it's pretty hard to get a hold of the Sacred 2 team right now.

Still, I'm not sure. I'll try to keep playing and not let it bother me, but I may get to a point where I'll just have to take a break until the next update comes. I'm pretty discouraged to play a my favorite character, who has an aspect that I love, but can't use their intended "best armor". An armor set that will end up killing them.

Thanks again for the offerings of help Schot, and also, thanks for putting those warnings up.

Edited by Cthulhu