Is DarkMatters' number of members online becoming an eyesore?

591l.jpg

I think it is for me :viking:

How do you guys feel about this? I think this is the largest members online within 24 hours I've seen on any forum I've visited lately :woot:

I'm wondering if we should change the stats so that it shows a smaller percentage of the pie, reduce the font, or... get rid of it entirely? It used to be an informative tool...but lately there's just been so many members, that actually having to pick through it is a chore :butcher:

Ideas or comments guys?

:)

gogo

Does the list reflect members on "permalogin" or actually on the site?

Maybe have it reflect only active online,, or, totally disband it.

I find it cool to see how active the forum is, and watching the numbers grow everyday.

Maybe a counter bar on the page would serve just as well.

I dont know, just a couple of suggestions.

Jet

I think if we reduce the font it will be basically unreadable...kind of hard to read now...maybe reduce it to people online in the last 6 hours or 12 ? But still have the '24hr members online today' counter

I like it Knuckles, depending on how trouble it may be?

Chaining Schot down again:) Give him some bread and water and he could most likely make it happen.

Any other opinions?

you could collapse it but then you can't see who's been online in last few minutes...sometimes if I see someone is signed on I send off a quick pm before they leave

If you don't want to see it, don't scroll that far down. Personally, I rarely read the entire list, but look for my best buds to see if they've been active. Don't mind the big list since it is alphabetical. Besides, the key people stand out anyway. Please keep it.

me Too Scrappy.

And I Dont Think Its AN EyeSORE, More Like EyeCANDY!

Even On Other Sacred 2 Forums, I See Posts About My Little Forum Home!

-Jamie.

you could collapse it but then you can't see who's been online in last few minutes...sometimes if I see someone is signed on I send off a quick pm before they leave

Knucks if you take a closer look the who has been on in the last 15min and who has been on today are to independent area. Collapsing/Expanding the who has been on today area does not influence the who has been on in the last 15 area so you can send your PM to someone you catch as on the forum at the time. :dance:

Knucks if you take a closer look the who has been on in the last 15min and who has been on today are to independent area. Collapsing/Expanding the who has been on today area does not influence the who has been on in the last 15 area so you can send your PM to someone you catch as on the forum at the time. :P

oh sure come up with a perfectly simple and logical response :4rofl: ( I never noticed that 'collapse' button was there before :) )

I have all the forums collapsed. The only thing I see is the Board Statistics so I can see who has been online.

Edited by Spock
I have all the forums collapsed. The only thing I see is the Board Statistics so I can see who has been online.

Certainly -- the Who is much more important than the What. Let's eliminate the posts and just keep the posters - hehe. After all, the posts take up a lot more room than a simple list of names.

• 1 month later...

The mod's going to stay on by popular demand ^^ Thanks for the input eveyrone, until we update the forum's software to IPB 3. whatever , we can keep using the 15 minute indicator and the day indicator. Like Kat pointed out, we can click off the bottom section of the forum so that it accordions in and isn't too much of an eye sore.

And/or... we could also decrease the size of the font

:)

gogo

• 10 months later...

ah, I have two hours to go on this clock I guess. I wish it wouldn't start all over again once every twenty four hours but would instead rotate the entire number

:faerie:

gogo