Benefits - Map Revealed

I can never find the info I'm lookin for on wiki.. does anyone know other than a trophy does revealing map give any other bonuses? lotsa rumors about it increasing VF n stuff... need the truth and nothing but the truth... so help u rumormillers!

Hi and Welcome REDEYE :(

The more map explored the more 'chance to find valuables' percent you will have. If I remember correctly my SW with 140% map explored had 35.4% base chance to find valuables.

other than the trophy is there any bonus to uncovering the FoW map%? no rumors please

Well, I know that your chance to find valuables goes up the more map you uncover. Other than that idk

REDEYE, You Already Asked This In Another Post. I Know Im Not A Moderator, But Please Dont Double Post.

And Your CtFV Goes Up, As You Uncover The Map.

-Jamie.

Here's the math behind it

For every 1% of map uncovered you get a 0.25% increase on chance to find valuables

Ah, thank you Knuckles, I had been searching for those numbers for awhile :oooo:

Heya,

good question Stubbie :unsure:

I would say unique/set but maybe even yellow too.....

Then again, anything you can't use isn't really valuable, now is it?:D

greetz

Valuable means any non-white or grey item

excerpt from llama's post about EP

assuming an item drops, a random number is then calculated & what it is determins what quality of item drops (as an example, picking numbers of my ####): for a random number generated between 0 & 1,000, if you roll 990 - 1,000, you'd get a unique item, if you roll 960 - 989 you'd get a set, 920 - 959 & you'd get a rare, 860 - 919 & you'd get a magic item, 0-859 & you get a junk item (each "bin" getting smaller as you go up the item quality scale).

MF increases the size of the unique/set/rare/magic "bins" at the expense of the junk bin. If the chance to drop a junk item reached 0, the magic item bin would be reduced, etc.

Here's the math behind it

For every 1% of map uncovered you get a 0.25% increase on chance to find valuables

Ooh, I never noticed that before o:

Awesomeness, and thank you, Knuckles~!

And for the info from Llama : D

Hello Knuckles,

I am wondering how you explore MORE than 100% of the MAP: "If I remember correctly my SW with 140% map explored had 35.4% base chance to find valuables. "

Regardless, thanks for the informative equation. :agreed:

Basically want you want to do is equip as much 'visibility +xx%' mods as you can find. The higher the visibility, the further out the fog will be uncovered. This is helpful along region borders and in caves.

Hello Knuckles,

I am wondering how you explore MORE than 100% of the MAP: "If I remember correctly my SW with 140% map explored had 35.4% base chance to find valuables. "

Regardless, thanks for the informative equation. :agreed:

I think if your whole map would be uncovered you would have explored 100% map. but there are two more cave levels under the surface so you can get more then 100%

Edited by Dr Beaver

"Ah I see", says the blind man :agreed:

Put into the context of exploring the 'surface' of the map then this does indeed make sense although I would prefer to know how much is "missing" from my explorations.

I have 'explored' just over 35% of the map and here was I thinking that I had 'only another 65% to go'. :unsure:

Time for additional exploring.........

Thanks for the quick replies.