The Dragon Mage - New Pix, Info and Combat Arts Listing

Chrona

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet!

We had the beta here running on Schot's comp during testing... the new Combat Arts in action are nothing short of spectacular. So fast.

Now...hurry up post!

:)

gogo

All of my toons can ONLY join the addon servers

Just wanted to be 100% sure about our 2.43 characters. Are you saying above that after installing the expansion that our 2.43 characters will have access to the new Ice & Blood servers and not the 2.43 servers? The reason I ask is that I recently started working on our clan account traders and want to be sure that I'm not wasting time. ^^

Thanx for the awesome info and pics Chrona! :)

after installing the addon all your toons can ONLY join the addon-servers :)

update: 2unique setpieces and 4 pieces of the elementalset

setcur.jpg

Edited by Chrona

That's very good to know. I guess it is going to be a while before we get to see you again though. :(

Nice lookin wings there. Lookin very colourful in green and blue Chrona, hehe.

I'm curious about this...how many hair styles, faces do we get to choose from for each character now?

:(

gogo

you can choose 6 or 7 hairstyles and lot of colours for body and hairs

im getting veery intrested here :sweating: I feel like a 10 year old on christmas eve! ;)

Me too! OOOOOOO and the best part is............... it'll be around my birthday when Ice & Blood hits the stores!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Oh, Ragnos Slayer looks good now, any other uniques you have found that have new skins?

How about legendary drops, had any yet?

Oh, Ragnos Slayer looks good now, any other uniques you have found that have new skins?

How about legendary drops, had any yet?

There are tons of new weapons :)

Legendary: Dima and St.Anna got a ring

The new(or very old) CA system: If you do a CA it regenerates faster, but you have to regenerate in all 3 aspects. In combinations I use one high power CA in main aspect and some low power ones in others aspects. Combination regeneration time is from the longest CA.

The dragon mage plays like a mix of diablo2 druids and sacred1 wind mages, transforming in a dragon (not bear or werewolf) and have whirlwinds around you, as one possibility.

+allSkills jewelry was tuned down, so getting high bargaining is way harder now.

There are now play-tips at the start of the game, one of them read: The sortiment at shops will be better if you did a lot of quests in their surroundings. So one future plan is to find shops with lot of quests around them and compare the sortiment with a shop where I didn't a single quest. Perhaps that is the reason why I found laser sword mainly in the elven capital when I play campaign.

Played only our family dragon mage: Equus N'Draco (horse no dragon), because we wanted to try out if a dragon mage has use for normal horses.

2 elementalist-lore

3 armour

5 elementalist-focus

8 mentalist-focus

12 alchemy

18 riding

The idea is to use long lasting whirlwinds(modified for radius and duration) and combat trance and mount the horse to keep distance while whirlwinds do their work. If the (buggy) horse ca are charged up you can either kill a second group with charge or lead enemies to your whirlwind and then do a charge to keep them stunned near the whirlwind.

Horse-Combat Arts are untouched in the AddOn, still way too long regeneration times. The Flame-Horse and the Unicorn are war-horses, just with another look. First tests didn't show any modifiers on them war-horses couldn't get too. But is a long way till riding mastery, so I am not knowing now what offers I will get at the horse shop with mastery.

Our experience with this character: Whirlwind is nice in beginning. You can have its regenerationtime as short as its duration very quickly. So a start with whirlwind supported melee on first levels is quite easy.

The second started character is a multi-aspect dragon mage for a first testing. The dragon mage seems to be able to get 100% physical damage mitigation later on. One of its set piece has multichannel mitigation, he can get toughness and one gold-mod gives physical mitigation for a buff. So my test character won't do physical protection on the protection rune buff.

Edited by chattius