Is Killing Spree a DuD?

lol, @ dud

I used to have it as a combo I would cast but only against bosses. This game's been out so long now, things go down rather quickly without the need of Killing Spree...but against bosses it has it's place. You can actually see the pent up effects of Killing Spree taking a chunk out of a boss, and the faster they go down, the better the chance of a good drop.

I'd say that yeah... for now, with the way Sacred 2 is, it's not needed...so yeah a dud in just grinding... Ice and Blood however...that may be a totally different story altogether.

As well, I was using it for a ranged SW... so only found use for it in boss take downs...maybe someone else here who has more info regarding it's use in melee can come back to you with more feedback.

:)

gogo

hmm, sounds like it could be fun, think I'll mess around with it, thanx for the info GGB

the games still pretty new for me so I'm still havin fun trying out all the new toys, don't think I'll buy Ice and Blood though, I'm not inclined to suport Ascaron as long as the server split is a problem.

BS

hmm, sounds like it could be fun, think I'll mess around with it, thanx for the info GGB

the games still pretty new for me so I'm still havin fun trying out all the new toys, don't think I'll buy Ice and Blood though, I'm not inclined to suport Ascaron as long as the server split is a problem.

BS

Ascaron is gone so you would actually be supporting Deep Silver at this point.

BS

Ascaron is gone so you would actually be supporting Deep Silver at this point.

Is deep silver going to fix the server split?

I like Killing Spree. In fact I think I like it simply for the occasional explosion it causes. Adds a bit of fun to the grind. :) Aside from the cool animation I do notice that the modifications I chose help a lot.

1. Control - Additionally increases the Shadow Warrior's attack value.
  2. Perseverance - Prolongs the duration of Killing Spree.
  3. Sway - Additionally increases the Shadow Warrior's attack speed.

Control and Sway really do make a significant difference on my chance to hit and attack speed which means I can afford to use my equipment sockets for other things like damage. I chose perserverance in order to bring it's duration closer to it's cooldown time. It's a 60 second cooldown time with no possibilty of reducing it which means if I want it on all the time I gotta work on increasing it's duration. I've only read one rune for it and I use a weapon slot with lots of + Combat Arts to cast it from. I'm level 129 now and I think I cast it at around level level 65. It's duration at that level is 42 seconds so I figure by the time my character is 140 I'll probably have it pretty close to 60 seconds. Now I just gotta work on my damage. The higher the damage I do per hot the more often I'll get those cool explosions. :)

All in all it's lotsa fun and it's pretty much a temporary buff with minimal investment so I figure why not.

I've only read one rune for it and I use a weapon slot with lots of + Combat Arts to cast it from. I'm level 129 now and I think I cast it at around level level 65.

Could you tell us each piece of equipment that gives you a boost to get you to the 65?

Reading one rune and getting to 65... have you put it in a combo and then rejuggled your armour?

Inquiring minds want to know! :viking:

I've only read one rune for it and I use a weapon slot with lots of + Combat Arts to cast it from. I'm level 129 now and I think I cast it at around level level 65.

Could you tell us each piece of equipment that gives you a boost to get you to the 65?

Reading one rune and getting to 65... have you put it in a combo and then rejuggled your armour?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Me too, I'm allso wondering, if KS lasts a minute, why not read as many runes as possible and carry a bit of "+X regeneration per hit" ?

in the coursed of a minute you should be able to reduce regen down to nil with even a bit of +x regen per hit so you could still cast it every 60 seconds as long as you're, well, on a Killing Spree anyways D)

BS

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Me too, I'm allso wondering, if KS lasts a minute, why not read as many runes as possible and carry a bit of "+X regeneration per hit" ?

in the coursed of a minute you should be able to reduce regen down to nil with even a bit of +x regen per hit so you could still cast it every 60 seconds as long as you're, well, on a Killing Spree anyways D)

BS

Just checked my gear now guys and for the most part it's from my weapon slot. I'm using a Niob Tinwora's level 154 that comes with +18 Combat Arts and in it's two sockets I have +9 Combat Arts. Since they're in gold sockets the amulets give +20 so a total of +39 Combat Arts from the Tinwora. In my shield it's two gold sockets of +8 and +9 so +19 from the shield. In total it's +58 from the weapon slot and the rest is from set bonuses to Killing Spree. Oh and my Killing Spree with the weapon slot is Level 68.7 it could actually be much higher if I started investing more points into my Malevolent Champion skill. Need to start doing that...

That's a great idea Balza. I'm a bit reluctant to take a lot of runes in general and especially because reading loads of runes is somewhat dependent on having +skills. Since +skills will be changing in the addon I think I'll wait till I get the addon before trying that. Interestingly enough is that Regen per hit's effect will probably increase in the addon since +skills won't have as great an effect on regens. I'll definitely have to give that a try on an addon exported version of my Shadow Warrior. ;)

Hmm, now I'm realy curious, think I'll have to expierment.

what do ya think, dualwield with Frenzied rampage to get the most out of +X regen per hit and Killing Spree comboed with rousing command modded with persistance/spur, and maybe leader since surge would be redundant if I'm using +xregen per hit anyways ?

lol, the only problem would be making sure he had enough monsters to hit to leech back the regen since he'd probably never miss.

fun times :drool:

BS

To be honest I've been eager for a long time to play with regen per hit. It has great potential. I played around with it on various chars and it seems as though it's an early game mechanic. It's effect is noticed most on early level characters since they don't have much in the way of skills or mods affecting regens. Whether it's an end game mechanic is yet to be seen. Very likely it's importance will increase in the addon. Definitely worth toying around with Balza. If you do I want to learn all about it. :drool:

Regarding Killing Spree it could allow players to read tons of runes.

I've done a bit of testing, looks promising, need to restart the toon though, it's going to be nice to play a toon where regen isn't the first consideration in every thing I do, or even the second for that matter, I'll keep ya posted :D

BS

• 2 weeks later...

well, I took a Shadow Warrior to level 55 and I'm inclined to think that Regen per hit + X won't let you pump KS and then leach back regen, for some reason it doesn't work as advertised.

I was carying 2 seconds regen per hit and hitting on average of 12 times per frenzied rampage, with 8.4 seconds regen on frenzied rampage was taking about 7.5 seconds to regen, no Idea why, unfortunately my Shadow Warrior died so it'll be a while before I can get another one high enough to expierment further.

BS

• 1 month later...

Our really old family smith (started in 2.34) was reactivated recently to gain some more levels. It had lots of unused modification points. So one possibility we considered in a mainly astral lord build, but with tactics and malevolent champion focus:

Shadow veil was for not permanent use, but we could do shadow hand to recharge Combat Art's. Shadow hand and fortifications also said to feed the killing spree. So doing invisible melee combat with shadow hand and killing spree for the Area of Effect is a possibility we never considered with the character before the AddOn.

The Character has ancient magic but alchemy instead of a weapon skill. It used alchemy boosted life leech shuriken for boss fights. So the big question is now: How to modify killing spree fot this JOAT character. I think in english it is jack of all Trades, Master of none. In german it would be 'eierlegende Wollmilchsau' = egg laying wooly pig you can milk, the only animal a farmer needs.

The character can be played with weapons, as astral lord, .....

So attack speed would be good for the weapon part, while non physical damage looks good too....

Does killing spree have cooldown + regen or just regen? If cooldown + regen, note that regen per hit cannot regen cooldown timers, only regen timers.

60 second cooldown and its the reason why for the one guy in this thread posting about regen per hit not working on it.

It might work out if you take Perseverance and eat enough runes to get the duration over 30 seconds and then use regen per hit to offset the regen penalty of eating so many runes but the duration would have to be at least 30 seconds, no way around it.

I currently have it at level 62 and the duration on it is 26 seconds. I'm guessing around level 100 or so you could probably get it to 30 seconds. Note that the damage it does is purely physical regardless of your weapon's elemental damage conversion so in Niob it's only going to do about half the tooltip damage. Because of this I feel that Sear is the better gold mod if you're actually trying to use this as a constant form of damage.

I use Killing Spree in a combo with Rousing Command. Works perfectly, makes me hit everything (already do lol) and the extra damage is great to clear some enemies or up the DPS on bosses.

I haven't mod it but the Control mod, duration increase and Sear will definitely help at higher levels. It's a pity Regen Per Hit doesn't effect cooldown but still you can read as many runes as your Malevolent Focus skill allows..

The damage storage could be higher though. My Shadow Warrior is level 40, I hit about 200 to 400 depending on enemy and their resistances and my Charge damage is about 500-700 if I kill everything I see.

Does that mean every hit does 15K more damage while your killing spree is active?

Can you also post a shot of your rousing command/augmenting guidion Combat Arts for comparison?

Edited by ka243

Noizic,

It is actually only 22%, and it works fine on enemies that have low physical/fire resist so no need for huge stored per hit percentage to make it useful.

Ka,

I don't do more damage with the weapons, it's only the KS pulse that damages the foes, against low resistant enemies I have seen damage numbers up in 20-25K.

Edited by Spunky
Noizic,

It is actually only 22%, and it works fine on enemies that have low physical/fire resist so no need for huge stored per hit percentage to make it useful.

Ka,

I don't do more damage with the weapons, it's only the KS pulse that damages the foes, against low resistant enemies I have seen damage numbers up in 20-25K.

How many hits are that and with how much damage per hit?