Schot's Sacred 2 Map of Ancaria - printed on Linen!

I don't think an artist can get any more lauds and commendations than something like this. To have your work commemorated in a way that would never have been imagined at what must have been huge cost. This post appeared over at CiSacred, one of Sacred's older German fansites chock full of goodies and info on our gaming passion. This is a direct quote right from the page/post produced by LazyTomcat, one of the moderators on the site. Bravo to him who actually was able to produce a life-size version of Schot's vision of Ancaria on linen

Bravo both of you!

:resp:

gogo

Posted by LazyTomcat originally at CiSacred

After Schots Dungeon Map is now ready for download too, I'll post the cards up links to his. Für mich sind es wahre Meisterwerke. For me it's true masterpieces.

zoombare Karte von Ancaria auf Sacredwiki.org zoomable map of Ancaria on Sacredwiki.org
zoombare Dungeonkarte auf Sacredwiki.org Dungeon zoomable map on Sacredwiki.org

download "Map of Ancaria" download "Map of Ancaria"
download "Dungeonmap of Ancaria" download "Dungeonmap of Ancaria"

@ Schot: Many thanks for your great work. In the appendix a picture of your map.

MfG LT MfG LT Miniaturansicht angehängter Grafiken Attached Thumbnails mapprint.jpg

I just keep dropping my jaw everytime I see this. We had actually gone looking for a printer to see how much they would charge for the map, but it was 150.00 CAD plus...

:gun2:

Anyone know how a printing like this was done, and how much it would cost?

This would be THE best souvenir of this game.

:devil:

gogo

I just keep dropping my jaw everytime I see this. We had actually gone looking for a printer to see how much they would charge for the map, but it was 150.00 CAD plus...

:gun2:

Anyone know how a printing like this was done, and how much it would cost?

This would be THE best souvenir of this game.

:devil:

gogo

@Gogo,

If I could get the file as a .pdf or .AI, I could have it plotted pretty inexpensively. Must be a vector file I might add.

Let me know.

Jet

Edit: Scratch that.. .Bmp file will fly.

Can print it and send to all who request a printed version. Postage on you.

Edited by Jetcutter

I did my map old style for our daughters and us, with poster print option on several sheets and then scissors and glue......

I should have asked someone still at university to use the big printers there :whistle:

I did my map old style for our daughters and us, with poster print option on several sheets and then scissors and glue......

I should have asked someone still at university to use the big printers there :whistle:

I can make a 36" wide print of about anything.

Hope I get the proper file.

Jet

• 3 years later...

While rummaging through all the various pictures on SacredWiki I found this one of someone with a giant printout of an Ancaria Map:

mapprint.jpg

Anyone we know? :)

Is that a map that came with some version of the game (unbelievable if so) or is that one that Schot made?

I've merged the topics after hunting out the original presentation, and Knuclkles is correct, the work is indeed, Schots.

This lovely person actually had it put to linen^^ Nice find Flix

:)

gogo

While rummaging through all the various pictures on SacredWiki I found this one of someone with a giant printout of an Ancaria Map:

mapprint.jpg

Anyone we know? :)

Is that a map that came with some version of the game (unbelievable if so) or is that one that Schot made?

Oh I remember the day LazyTomcat posted that picture. That's LazyTomcat's wife. I never imagined someone would print my map. Especially on linen! That map is a slightly earlier version I made of the one that is hosted on our wiki. Map of Ancaria Pre Ice & Blood. :D The only map that came with the game was a relatively small cartoony map like the one we use in game. There was a topic about the whole process from start to finish though sadly it was deleted. Took a looooong time! By far the most rewarding thing I ever did. Aside from the Sacred Underworld Map of Ancaria. Hard work but so worth it. People started asking to be able to print it so I made it available for download. Map of Ancaria (for Print)

• Like! 1

HA! Awesome. Sorry I didn't search better for a topic for it.

Yeah...Schot I've had your various Sacred maps for a loooong time, longer than I've been on Darkmatters. I'm a video game map collector... I'm always looking for the best quality maps with high resolution and details.

Is that Sacred Underworld map downloadable?