Abishai Boss Trap Map!

There is one of the traps that can damage up to 40K, I have fought against him one time and don't plan to do it again for a long time cause of this monstrous damage he can dish out.

40K is quite a lot. I'd guess that the Gust of Wind is what did the 40K. For melee players it is extremely dangerous since it is most powerful when hitting an opponent at close range. It acts like Glacial Thorns. The closer the target the more damage that is caused.

Interesting point for High Elf players. Expulse Magic completely neutralizes any of the Abishai's traps. Makes the Abishai an easy target for High Elf players. I'm not certain if it also neutralizes it's Gust of Wind... I never take damage when it casts Gust of Wind while inside Expulse Magic but I do get knocked back. Need to test that some more.

Interesting point for High Elf players. Expulse Magic completely neutralizes any of the Abishai's attacks. Makes the Abishai an easy target for High Elf players. :)

This is why my new character is a high elf. I really need to avenge the death of my melee temple guardian.

If I remember correctly the red mist attack is the debuff that this boss used quite effectively to strip the energy shield from my temple guardian.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Gust of Wind since he spawned that right after I had taken the massive blow.

Interesting finds about Expulse Magic, it seems that if you want to farm him the HE is the way to go.

Ah that's right. The debuff. I was having a hard time with that. Do you think there might be two traps with debuffing characteristics? I could swear I was debuffed once when there was no red mist... I agree though. I think the red mist debuffs. Does the red mist also leach life?

I think I wasn't there for ages because of these traps. But enemies you know.....

The picture looks as if when you trigger a trap Abishai is doing the corresponding combat art? If it is this way, might block chance combat arts actually work?

About debuffs: I currently try to understand why my sohei (dragon mage: polearm mentalist) isn't debuffed.

combat art block as extra effect at a spell hit

Edited by chattius
  • Like! 1

Updated the map trap. Finally was able to figure out where the debuff was coming from. Not the red mist after all. It's number 7. The white smoke-ish trap that is debuffing and from the looks of it that's all it does. Added some definitions to some of the other traps.

Not 100% sure about the damage types for Mist Trap, Disregard Trap, and Poison Trap. Mist Trap always seems to be the same damage, albeit very low damage, no matter which relic set I use. Same for the Disregard Trap but it's damage is very high. Disregard Trap is probably the most deadly since there seems to be no way to defend against it using armor and relics. Poison Trap does seem to do primarily poison but I think it might be doing another element as well.

Block and reflect Combat Arts would most likely work here. In fact just yesterday I was killing Temple Guardians by standing in their traps and reflecting the damage, hehehe. When I'm observing the Abishai I have to turn off my Crystal Skin so that it's reflect doesn't kill the Abishai. Not sure if all it's abilities can be reflected but I would assume so.

Interesting thing about the Griffin. Looks like the devs finally fixed that.

The mount trick is when you are mounted and then Alt + Tab out and when you come back you have teleported to another place, best be careful when tabbing out as one time I was teleported to the place Forest Guardian use to be.

Ah sorry about that Dragon. The mount trick is when you stand beside an out of bounds barrier, like the sea shore, and dismount into the out of bounds area. From that point you can use a teleport Combat Art to move around. In most cases any attempt to walk in the out of bounds area will just cause your character to slide back to the in bounds area. So using a Jump/Teleport Combat Art is needed to move around the out of bounds area. One of the patches reduced this possiblity somewhat so that instead of just standing beside an out of bounds area we now, in many but not all cases, have to wedge ourselves between two out of bounds areas for the trick to work. A lil trick Knuckles taught me a long time ago. ^^

If you're wanting to reach the Abashai in the Jungle you can go to the start point on the pic below. Wedge yourself between the bush and the stone fence along the river. Use a Combat Art to move southward and look for the area clear of trees. You'll be able to walk around in that area and you'll come across Panthers, the Hellhound boss and the Abishai boss. It's a fairly large area. Plenty of space to work with and test. Just watch out for that Gust of Wind the Abishai uses. It one hit killed my LAN character, haha. I was testing to see what element the Gust of Wind was. The first time he cast it I took about 1300 damage on my level 140 HE. Second time I took two hits of about 2000 damage. Third time it hit and the screen filled with a huge list of damage numbers from 3000-5000 each. I think there were at least 10 hits in there so my poor HE and her measly 20K health was hit with 30-50K damage. Yowch. Granted I wasn't on my mount and I had been debuffed of my Crystal Skin.

th_JungleAbishai.jpg

As for the problem I had with the Griffon it was the fact that my HE never seemed to be able to prevent the Griffon from debuffing. And she couldn't seem to reflect it's combat arts. Or Expulse them for that matter. Even when testing a Niob HE vs. a Gold Griffon.

I've never tried the Alt Tab technique Spunky. Does that work well?

It is a unpredictable affair as you never know where you gonna end up, so this is the reason I always dismount before tabbing out to windows.

When I'm "fighting" against the Griffon he always walks away as I'm not even there, I have to chase him around to be able to kill him, annoying stuff indeed.

So next question...why did they put a boss there when you cant actually get there legally...and who figured out that the abishai was there? And isnt the abishai the boss from the blood forest main chain quest?

Lol...so many questions :P

OK...well I always play windowed and never get teleported so I guess that means you need full screen. Lol...I just went and killed the abishai...it made up for all the times the stupid game froze on me at the end of the normal quest. I also found the kherbos in there...and killed him too :P

Schot, are you saying that there are "fixed" traps on the ground around the Abishai such that if you don't walk on them they won't be used/go off/etc (with the possible exception of his gust of wind)?

@Llama: These are in fact like Dragon says. Similar to the Temple Guardian traps that they throw. The Abishai throws his traps out onto the field at your characters general direction and the trap remains there. However the traps can move slowly. If you are nearby one of the traps they will begin to move slowly in your direction and try to get in under your feet in order to inflict it's power. Something that might work well is to allow the Abishai to throw most of his traps then draw him away from them and fight.

The first 3 of his abilities listed in the picture above are different from the other 6. #1 is basically his main attack. His Gust of Wind does a large amount of damage and can also push your character into a nearby trap. #2 is a quick moving red mist that will follow you and try to engulf you at which point it will inflict damage and leech life at the same time. +Life Leech not %Life Leech. #3 is his summon Seeker power. He always summons 4 Seekers which will quickly move toward your character and explode when it reaches close proximity causing high amounts of poison damage. The Seekers can be destroyed.

@Dragon: It's as Spunky said. The devs placed all kinds of game assets throughout the hidden areas of Sacred 2. I can only assume that they remain because they couldn't make time to remove them all. The Abishai in the Jungle however is a strange slip of memory on the devs part. Great for us though. ^^ I believe the Jungle Abishai was discovered on the SIF by a fellow named Zatouichi.

Now I wonder if that "Weakening the Abishai" quest actually works.

• 9 months later...
Time to post this one up. I've been holding onto this pic I made of the Abishai's traps for a while now. Lil too long of a while in fact. When I first fought the Abishai I was imediately impressed with all the little trps it could pull off. He's quite a complex opponent. With all those different traps and their numeric variables fluying around it makes for quite a dangerous, and challenging scenario. Each trap by itself is of minimal threat but in combination we're looking at a deadly cocktail. A split second under the influence of just a few of the traps can mean the ned of a character.

With that in mind, having some foreknowledge the opponent you're about to face is always nice to have. I've been trying to figure out what each of the Abishai's powers/traps does to a character and I'm having a hard time. If anyone can help me out on this one I would love to know what the traps do. On the picture I've numbered the traps and I'm adding info as each trap is figured out.

Oh and if you don't want to have to go through the whole Blood quest to fight the Abishai then you can fight it in the Jungle. No questing required. You'll just need to use the mount trick to get past the "out of bounds" perimeter to reach it.

Pic of Abishai location in Jungle:

th_JungleAbishai.jpg

Welp.. As an FYI for anyone interested - the area above does exist in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel 2.43 - but the boss monsters, however, do NOT. These are Ice and Blood ONLY... Outside of a few panthers - regular and champion level - the area is quite devoid of anything interesting - except for maybe the END of the world. More exactly, The map of Ancaria ends near the southern border of that vast empty space.

The Mount trick is pretty much as was described elsewhere. However, to make it to the area in question, you have to use your CA (Shadow Step, for instance) to get there. The entire area until you actually reach the open space is of the "off limits" variety - meaning you have to use the CA to get through it.

• 3 months later...