Are good, yellow, physical damage rings stupid rare?

I don't get it. Plus skills rings are plentiful, death blow rings ubiquitous, evasion rings and element damage rings... as common as rain... But physical damage rings...

Huh?

Has anyone else noticed how stupid rare they are?

leechring.jpg

lol, I completely don't understand... why would plus all skills, something which the devs cut in half from last patch be as common as the cold, but physical damage rings so ding dang rare?

I sometimes spend days (that's right, I just said days :)) looking and looking ( and looking and looking) ... I get frustrated, throw things, huff and puff, phone my parents call them names.... just get all plain ole ornery and evol...

why is the game like this... Is it just me, or do other shoppers also find these rings to be the single most rare thing in the entire game?

:)

gogo

I think physical damage rings might be rarer because all the other mods are more likely to drop. It's possible that mods are picked at random from a pool & physical damage is just one of many hence it's not spawning much.

I've been seeing these rings. granted not often, but haven't put much stock in them yet. Haven't read about anything on how valueable they are or could be. I've heard you mention these rings before Gogo, how well do they pan out in the ol' calculator and all?

Well I must have seen your post pre picture insert. That I have never seen at a merchant. Still not sure how the physical damage works. Or is it so basic that I'm over thinking the issue? That ring says you will get straight 13 damage physical on top of the 21 ife leech?

Edited by Furian67

For a weaponless Kungfu style Character you have no weapon to give base damage which you can boost with +x% damage: these rings and strength are the only source for base damage.

If you have a single damage combat art which is based on pure weapon damage these rings could boost the base damage too.

If you have 15 sockets, and could socket either (40 damage) or (60% damage) and the weapon has 600 base damage.

Then the very simplified damage formula is (600+40*x)(15-x)*(1+x*.6) would have to be maximized:

10 x-damage rings and 5 smith-arts would be best for 0 base damage

9 x-damage rings and 5 smith-arts would be best for 200 base damage

7 x-damage rings and 8 smith-arts would be best for 400 base damage

8 x-damage rings and 7 smith-arts would be best for 600 base damage

8 x-damage rings and 7 smith-arts would be best for 800 base damage

I have to admit I liked my (x-x damage/+y all Skills) in 2.40. The ones in my chest were destroyed in 2.43 and I never saw them again.

lol, I completely don't understand... why would plus all skills, something which the devs cut in half from last patch be as common as the cold, but physical damage rings so ding dang rare?

My dryad trader find some of them, like 2-3 per merchants.

Configuration :

-> Platin

-> level 66

-> Trade charlvl - Trade level 196 with bonus

Physics damage bonus only is less rare than physics+bonus, but I find some very interesting. :)

Edit :

1259293273.png

Chance to evade (opponents)

1259293285.png

Opponents defense value

1259293333.png

Experience per kills

1259293358.png

Intelligence

1259293378.png

Magic-coup

1259293404.png

xx% Physic damage

Good luck for ring-hunting ! :)

Woody

Edited by Woody

Well I dont see anything amazing, not actually having a shopper, but whenever I have a look through the merchants...I only ever see plain physical damage rings, never any elemental ones. Maybe you bargaining is too high for the necessary bucket or whatever the phys dmg rings are in?

They are not that rear! I remember Put wanted them once in around 30min I got him around 20 of them. And 20 good ones with some other options on them as well. I guess it was some bad luck on your part gogo.

They are not that rear! I remember Put wanted them once in around 30min I got him around 20 of them. And 20 good ones with some other options on them as well. I guess it was some bad luck on your part gogo.

I tend to see them quite a bit shopping, I found them less dropping. I have one with damage and run speed, love that ring.

I gotta say that in the times I've needed to shop for them they seemed awfully rare. I found it strange really...

That sounds like the old Bravemart traders Schot. I sware those guys knew in advance what you were looking for and hid the items away :drunkards:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Sorry, been a bit under the weather lately, and haven't been able to check up on some threads...but this is what I have found regarding all this and which has had effect on my builds.

Firstly, the range that I find hard to shop for regarding these rings is best of class. I will explain "best of class" like the following.

At level 34 those rings that I showed you, that is the LOWEST damage on a ring I would buy for... as well... I would only buy yellow damage rings with a very good secondary mod, like crit, dblow, plus all skills... etc.

To get a feel for what me and Schot are talking about, we would, for example, say that a reasonable best of class ring regarding plus all skills would be nothing less than a plus 4 all skills rings at that level WITH the addition of a very good secondary modifier.

So... if we were to compare shopping for Best of Class Skills rings versus a Best of Class Yellow Damage rings (as I had defined up above) we have been finding (because we are so danged picky! :() that they are difficult to shop for.

You know that things have a bit of trueness to them when the double-blind effect is happening. This means that I know there was some resonance in my findings when one day Schot decided to make a Shadow Warrior... I had told him some of my build /damage ideas for Dryad... and it turns out he found out the same thing... that best of class damage rings seem to be among the tougher things to shop for.

Anyway...

Continue here

Hard Damage Rings for a Heavy Damage Dryad

:(

gogo