WIDD-Builds

After one year in Sacred 2 I decided to play my first Seraphim above level 25. I used to quick test all classes and then decided to master my melee elf understandings. So now I will start a Seraphim. I wanted to test as much as possible in a single build as usual. And I wanted to play something which was never played before. So I planed to try out Dashing Alacrity and its reprisal modifier. I am not at my play machine before weekend, so some of my thoughts may be plain wrong:

It gives high WIDD (wounds increase damage done, if I remember this correct). But normally you don't want to take any wounds, except you have really really high hitpoints and use high life leech.

So I will try the opposite approach: I will use very very low hitpoints. Crazy, I know.

But I was thinking about booster slots for buffs, soldat and dobri's demigod thread, reading the combat arts of the seraphim to get used to their english names, .... and I stumpled above Dashing Alacrity.

So I had a stupid idea:

Fill a slot with a 3 socket sword and shield. Put no points in vitality, do not take constitution. Socket in each of the 6 sockets a jewelry with lifepoints,

Start Dashing Alacrity, swap to your main weapon slot, you will now have way lower hitpoints, while you are quite save in your energy shield and because of damage mitigation.

Will this really work?

Which other classes could play such a WIDD-build?

I know I am a pest with my crazy ideas, but I really never read anything like a lifepoints filled slot for WIDD using before.

The build will probably be an archangel's wrath seraphim.

One of the cases where my kids knew it already:

Changing to more hitpoints at full health is instant. So it won't work.

off the top of my head we call the "damage to enraged player" where you deal out more damage the lower your hp becomes. I am aware of the Sword of the Blood Dryads having large amounts of this modifier.

As a character the Inquisitor with the gruesome Ing aspect buff is a "Damage to enraged player" build.

I would think that to make use of this mod you would like a large quanity of HP with low hit point regen. Don't master constitution and you play hurt all the time. if you had 20,000 HP and ran at 50% you would still have enough to withstand a critical hit, but would benefit from the additional damage.

To use this mod with dashing I would think you would want to lower cooldown and eat runes to the point where is lasts longer than the cool down. the chain cast the DA while managing you HP. The question I have. Is will Battle Stance add damage bonus to the Damage to Enraged Player bonus? as battle stance can be a huge damage boost to you Combat Art's and weapon damage.

you can also augment DM and Warding energy buff with Divine protection which can also be modded to chain cast and combo with Dashing.

Schot is working up a build that used Damage of Enraged Player. I wonder what he thinks?

If I was gonna make a WIDD toon I'd probably go with a Shadow Warrior. Don't take Constitution and take the HP bonus mod on Grim Resilience. I would max both Grim and Reflective Emanation and most defensive skills. Hopefully I'll get a low life regen and be hard as hell to hit so I could sustain WIDD for a long time.

Only thing I would worry about is champions and bosses sneaking crits in on me so I would want a lot of damage mitigation socketed

Ayup, It's been a year since Sacred 2 began. It's time to bring out some widders. ^^

I don't know how I've lasted this long without trying to make one but as Dragon and lovo said, I had a Tantrum last Sunday, hehe. My Kamikaze toon is an Shadow Warrior that will focus on damage of enraged players and Belligerent Vault. It's because of my level 156 forger actually. I often used Belligerent Vault to get around quickly and eventually began to think how nice it would be if IT was my main attack. Add to that I begrudgingly used death blow. I don't like deathblow. The problem with death blow is that when you invest in it you are committing to a 2 Hit Kill strategy since death blow will NEVER work on the first hit. Enter approx 400% damage of enraged players at 80% health and what we should see is double damage on the first hit. It's a little more complicated and quite a bit less flexible than death blow but it's going to do wonders for some specific builds.

At the moment the big things I'm watching out for while trying to create my enraged build are these:

• Try to choose a character that comes packaged with enraged. Some characters have set items and combat arts that have or can be modified with damage of enreaged players
  • Go for lots of health. A large pool of health means more control over your enraged modifier. For example if you have tons of health then you can take the risk of playing at 50% health because even at 50% health you'll have a lot. Similarly Damage Mitigation could be used for the same end result.
  • Low Health regeneration. If you plan your build to be fighting at a specific % all the time then having any additional Health Regeneration % would be a burden.
  • Noooooo Life Leech
  • Watch out for enemies that reflect!
  • Stay in battle. While you're in battle your health does not regenerate. Make sure that you avoid Combat Art mods that allow you to regenerate health during battle
  • FIND Swords of the Blood Dryads

Good luck on the seraphim build Chattius!

From Schot:

Ayup, It's been a year since Sacred 2 began. It's time to bring out some widders.

Funny, in german the word Widder is something like a big horn sheep or in a military meaning a battering ram. The romans called them aries, their word for Widder. Because the head of the ram was formed like the head of a mouflon. The zodiac sign Aries we call Widder in germany.

And yes, it can be dangerous to stand in front of an enraged Widder, mouflon, ....

New approach:

As a german I fight till the bitter end and the closer we are to a defeat the crazier and weird are our inventions. Okay hitpoints booster slots are of no use. I won't accept a defeat in my WIDD idea. So next is a damage mitigation booster slot. In theory we could bring around 15% damage mitigation in 6 sockets around level 140. The difference between 85% and 100% is a lot:

85% damage mitigation is like having 6.7 times your normal hitpoints as virtual hitpoints. 100% is demigod. Add a energy shield to catch life leech attacks, ....

You reduce your damage mitigation in a controlled way, take some hits, and play damaged but immune. So far one theory. Perhaps even a one weapon approach with shield is possible:

Blooddryads and icy shield with its damage mitigation. Sockets would be filled with damage mitigation.

Another approach would be to concentrate most of your defense! in your main weapon! slot. You fight a small group of enemies you can handle, get damaged, swap to your main weapon slot and are now a lot saver. Would be most useful for shield users.

Or temple guardians turn off their energy shield take hits and turn it on again.....

I was really puzzled that the only players I saw so far with WIDD were shadow warriors.

Okay, to bring a character without regeneration in combat from constitution to a level where 95+% mitigation are possible is not easy.

For the seraphim: she has this healing miracle which can do in combat regeneration, she has an emergency shield. Some stuff to play around. She will get low on skills, so I put some thought in how to play her:

Will the weapon based spells: magic coup, archangel's wrath, shadow hand take use of WIDD?

If yes a celestial techno babe with archangel's wrath would be worth some thoughts. No need for tactic lore or a weapon skill. And the magic aspects would bring useful spells. While the warrior focus is enough to modify 3 Combat Art's at mastery level.

And I was considering a mix of death blow and WIDD. Archangel's wrath modified for a double shot should get rid of the problem of deathblow, that you need 2 hits. I plan to use the wrath at melee range. So there is no need for target seeker mod and I can do explosions. There will be not much flight time of the shots, so easier to control an RpH (Regeneration per Hit) approach.

Edited by chattius
Oh that would be awesome Dragon. :P Furian gave me a level 38 which will dual wield nicely with your level 50 sword. This is gonna be fun!

Ahh...well...it turns out I was wrong...mines level 38 too...so at least they are well matched :)

Let me no when you want to get it, I may be a bit absent cos its my fathers b'day and ive got work too, but any time im free its urs.

Edited by Dragon Brother
From Schot:
Ayup, It's been a year since Sacred 2 began. It's time to bring out some widders.

Funny, in german the word Widder is something like a big horn sheep or in a military meaning a battering ram. The romans called them aries, their word for Widder. Because the head of the ram was formed like the head of a mouflon. The zodiac sign Aries we call Widder in germany.

And yes, it can be dangerous to stand in front of an enraged Widder, mouflon, ....

New approach:

As a german I fight till the bitter end and the closer we are to a defeat the crazier and weird are our inventions. Okay hitpoints booster slots are of no use. I won't accept a defeat in my WIDD idea. So next is a damage mitigation booster slot. In theory we could bring around 15% damage mitigation in 6 sockets around level 140. The difference between 85% and 100% is a lot:

85% damage mitigation is like having 6.7 times your normal hitpoints as virtual hitpoints. 100% is demigod. Add a energy shield to catch life leech attacks, ....

You reduce your damage mitigation in a controlled way, take some hits, and play damaged but immune. So far one theory. Perhaps even a one weapon approach with shield is possible:

Blooddryads and icy shield with its damage mitigation. Sockets would be filled with damage mitigation.

Another approach would be to concentrate most of your defense! in your main weapon! slot. You fight a small group of enemies you can handle, get damaged, swap to your main weapon slot and are now a lot saver. Would be most useful for shield users.

Or temple guardians turn off their energy shield take hits and turn it on again.....

I was really puzzled that the only players I saw so far with WIDD were shadow warriors.

Okay, to bring a character without regeneration in combat from constitution to a level where 95+% mitigation are possible is not easy.

For the seraphim: she has this healing miracle which can do in combat regeneration, she has an emergency shield. Some stuff to play around. She will get low on skills, so I put some thought in how to play her:

Will the weapon based spells: magic coup, archangel's wrath, shadow hand take use of WIDD?

If yes a celestial techno babe with archangel's wrath would be worth some thoughts. No need for tactic lore or a weapon skill. And the magic aspects would bring useful spells. While the warrior focus is enough to modify 3 Combat Art's at mastery level.

And I was considering a mix of death blow and WIDD. Archangel's wrath modified for a double shot should get rid of the problem of deathblow, that you need 2 hits. I plan to use the wrath at melee range. So there is no need for target seeker mod and I can do explosions. There will be not much flight time of the shots, so easier to control an RpH (Regeneration per Hit) approach.

Iiiinteresting translation on widder Chattius. Your explanation suits the word perfectly too. Crazy widders. ^^ For HC I found widder builds to be the most exciting in Sacred Underworld. I'm sure it will be the same in Ice & Blood.

Oh... Just occured to me another big danger about using a widd build. Enemies that have % Life Leech.

It sounds like your idea will work well enough. If I understand correctly, the focus at the moment is to have low health in order to quickly and easily lower your health when needed in order to manage your enraged damage. Then substitute health with mitigation and shield energy. Sounds very effective. I think we're both facing the similar challenge of how to lower our health in a controlled manner whenever we want. In Underworld I would have made a Pain slot. Too bad there's nothing like that in Sacred 2. :/ At the moment all I can do with my Shadow Warrior is to turn off his Grim Resilience so his health goes down, take some damage and then turn the buff back on. It works fairly well but I'd prefer to have a booster slot strategy like you're working on. Maybe I'll just go visit Demonic Eyes whenever I need to loose 1/3 my health in a quick shot, haha. That's what we need. A pet Demonic Eye to follow us around and leech us. ^^

Death blow is a great addition to the mix. At first I wasn't going to bother with it but while looking through my chest I cam across a couple double death blow rings. It got me thinking that I may as well since at higher levels Death blow is easy to come by. The ring I found stored in my chest is level 30 with 44% Death blow. Put that in a Gold socket and I've got an easy 50.6% Death blow in a single slot. So why not I guess. I'm sure I'll end up with other pieces of gear that have it. I figure I'll have 70% Death blow without even trying. With some good shoppers this is something anyone can do of course. As for the weapon based combat arts I can't say for the first two but Spectral Hand sure does. Been having a lot of fun toying with that one. :D I need to add in some regen per hit before I can really have fun with it. Spectral Hand would work excellently with enraged. It's the perfect combat art because it's ranged. The best approach when using enraged is a ranged one for sure. Mine is semi ranged. Beligerent Vault is kind of a ranged. Just that it's my body I'm shooting instead of an arrow. ^^

Looking forward to meeting your Battering Ram. :P

Oh that would be awesome Dragon. :) Furian gave me a level 38 which will dual wield nicely with your level 50 sword. This is gonna be fun!

Ahh...well...it turns out I was wrong...mines level 38 too...so at least they are well matched :)

Let me no when you want to get it, I may be a bit absent cos its my fathers b'day and ive got work too, but any time im free its urs.

:o

Omg, a level 38 sword couldn't be more perfect. SweeEEeeet. At the moment my widder is at level 20 and he'll be staying there till Sunday so no worries on when we can connect. Thanx Dragon! :D

Omg, a level 38 sword couldn't be more perfect. SweeEEeeet. At the moment my widder is at level 20 and he'll be staying there till Sunday so no worries on when we can connect. Thanx Dragon! :)

Any time you see me just come grab it :)

And your talk of shopping in this and in the other thread about your level 2 with massively high trading just makes me jealous...my kami toon is going to be my first shopper (not including a level 5 starter), if she survives, and at level 20 I could only get to 45 or so bargaining...im assuming this is because you are shopping in niob and are getting higher bonuses than +1 all skills allowing you to reach unimaginable heights (for me anyway)...?

Omg, a level 38 sword couldn't be more perfect. SweeEEeeet. At the moment my widder is at level 20 and he'll be staying there till Sunday so no worries on when we can connect. Thanx Dragon! :)

And your talk of shopping in this and in the other thread about your level 2 with massively high trading just makes me jealous...my kami toon is going to be my first shopper (not including a level 5 starter), if she survives, and at level 20 I could only get to 45 or so bargaining...im assuming this is because you are shopping in niob and are getting higher bonuses than +1 all skills allowing you to reach unimaginable heights (for me anyway)...?

Same here at level 20 I am at bargaining 50 with hours ( not to mention the tons of gold) upgrading piece by piece over and over until I got that far. niob rings and armor at that level would help.

Thanx! :)

You got it Dragon. It's those niob items that make it all worth it. A level 2 Relic for example gives +3 each. rings and amies are still +1 but armor pieces will have higher amounts of Bargaining on them. Bargaining rings and amies are REALLY hard to find but everything else comes pretty easily. Just need to get to Niob and as far as shoppers go a level 2 shopper is the hardest one since she has to stay at level 2 and get through all the campaign difficulties.

Same here at level 20 I am at bargaining 50 with hours ( not to mention the tons of gold) upgrading piece by piece over and over until I got that far. niob rings and armor at that level would help.

I've already stock piled a bunch of different stuff for the Kami. I'll look for some trading gear the next time I shop loco. It's for a seraphim right?

Any time you see me just come grab it :o

Thanx! :)

You got it Dragon. It's those niob items that make it all worth it. A level 2 Relic for example gives +3 each. rings and amies are still +1 but armor pieces will have higher amounts of Bargaining on them. Bargaining rings and amies are REALLY hard to find but everything else comes pretty easily. Just need to get to Niob and as far as shoppers go a level 2 shopper is the hardest one since she has to stay at level 2 and get through all the campaign difficulties.

Well...looks like ive gotta get me a level 2 to niob...now since ive never gotten any toon there...it could be tough... :)

• 1 month later...

Firstly, sorry for bumping this topic, but I am going to go in this direction with my next toon! Just had some questions I haven't been able to find the definite answers for before I spend the hours needed to get a certian Inquisitor set of armour.

I want to use an Inquisitor with the idea that the full set of Ilgard's comes with the "bonus" of inflicting serious wounds on myself to control my health %.

Does enraged work with "spell" Combat Art's? I was thinking of using Levin Array, and/or Eruptive Desecration.

How would Purifying Chastiment interact with it? Specifically, with the mod that increases the maximum damage @35% health?

My thinking here is that it will not be just PC dmg bonus + enraged dmg bonus. For example, if PC is giving me a damage bonus of +200% (double damage, I believe) and I have "damage of enraged players" bonus +200% (again, I think this means double-damage), I think the total damage increase will actually only end up at triple the starting damage, and not 4x the damage which adding them together suggests. Maybe I've just missed something in the wiki / forums. :P

I think that if the enraged bonus only applies to weapon damage, this idea is not so good. From my experience, the Inquisitor. doesn't get the highest armour values in Ancaria, so close combat without Constitution (or a high Vitality) would lead to many, many, many quick deaths. (been there, done that).

I only have a framework of the build so far, but I don't want to go any further without knowing if I can be a "ranged" character while

dual-weilding.

Back to the darkness.... toil, toil, toil...............

That might be a bad idea as it decreases your own HP down to 1, the good thing then is that you do incredible amounts of damage but one hit and you're dead.

Am I understanding correctly that you are trying to use the Serious Open Wounds bug on Ilgard's Judgement set to lower your hitpoints, so that you can use the enraged mod?

Exactly. Actually, the original plan is to turn it "on and off" by equipping full set, waiting until health is at desired %, and then removing one piece... but maybe that doesn't stop the serious wound?

Spunky Posted Today, 03:53 PM

That might be a bad idea as it decreases your own HP down to 1, the good thing then is that you do incredible amounts of damage but one hit and you're dead.

Maybe I've mis-read this, and Spunky means that the serious open wound won't kill me, it will stop when I hit 1 HP. That could be controlled with health potions as I have thousands of them stashed away.

If that is not the case, then... can I control the amount of HP loss with jewelery, since serious open wound is a physical DoT? Life leech would not be an option, as I am not planning on swinging my fiery swords!

An interesting (or maybe troubling) thought - is the damage from Serious Open Wounds a value (ie 32 dmg per sec) or a % of life total (per second)?

MANY thanks for the quick replies! As I said, there is still lots to learn and consider before I start fleshing out this build.

Scott

Edited by essjayehm
What I've heard about the set bonus "Serious open Wounds" is that it decreases your HP to 1 instantly in some cases, could be wrong though...

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...2&hl=ilgard

I heard the same, however never experienced it. I have a level 200 test toon on SP that is wearing the full set, and in Ice and Blood it has yet to glitch. The problem with 1HP is that no matter how good your armor and defense. any monster in the game can manage 1 hp if it hits you.