Introduction

Hey! I'm Jabarto, and I love Sacred. Ever since I read about it in a gaming magazine I was intrigued by it, and when I finally got it some years later, I was kicking myself at not having done so earlier. My mounted crossbow gladiator is bringing me joy even today.

Unfortunately, I understand that the Sacred community is getting pretty small. The offical Ascaron forums are getting loopy, the latest patch for the game is becoming harder to find, etc. So I thought I'd come here and try to learn about and preserve knowledge about this game. I'm especially curious about modding (I assume that's okay to talk about here?), as I've only recently become aware that it was even possible.

So yeah. Nice to sort-of meet you all. ;)

Welcome jabarto!

Gladiator was and is my favorite char too alongside with the Dwarf in S1, have had plenty of good times there while hacking away or burning up enemies with the Dwarfs Flamethrower.

lol, loopy

Well, the community here's pretty busy, and we love having new fans on board. I myself, years back, actually found Sacred from a gaming demo that was being released on a gaming site. I remember being sold on it instantly when I found I could run my horse in loops around an enemy and I could maintain my targeting on teh enemy. As well, actually seeing weapons change in my hands... picking duel wield in the demo and seeing the toon use teh two weps I'd picked was thrilling.

Great having you here on the boards, jabarto, welcome to DarkMatters!

;)

gogo

p.s. Ayuh... there is a Sacred 2 Modding community here as well, there's already a fair number of mods out:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=371

Welcome jabarto!

Gladiator was and is my favorite char too alongside with the Dwarf in S1, have had plenty of good times there while hacking away or burning up enemies with the Dwarfs Flamethrower.

The Dwarf was my favorite for a very long time, but since I've discovered horse archery...well, I just don't know if there's any coming back from that.

lol, loopy

Well, the community here's pretty busy, and we love having new fans on board. I myself, years back, actually found Sacred from a gaming demo that was being released on a gaming site. I remember being sold on it instantly when I found I could run my horse in loops around an enemy and I could maintain my targeting on teh enemy. As well, actually seeing weapons change in my hands... picking duel wield in the demo and seeing the toon use teh two weps I'd picked was thrilling.

Great having you here on the boards, jabarto, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

p.s. Ayuh... there is a Sacred 2 Modding community here as well, there's already a fair number of mods out:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=371

I should have noted that I like Sacred 2, also. Both great games, but the first one will always be my favorite. Now I just need to figure out how to open .pak files and I'll be able to bend the game to my will. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, both of you!

Now I just need to figure out how to open .pak files and I'll be able to bend the game to my will. :)

Thanks for the welcome, both of you!

I'm sure you will find it here or someone will tell you how if it can be done, anyways welcome.

Welcome to the forums. One of the members here posted this recently in regards to a .pak editor he made for the creature.pak file:

I created some editors for Sacred Underworld, for the Weapon.pak, Creature.pak and balance.bin.

But they are all in german and none of them is complete. Well the most complete is the one for the creature.pak, there you can change 70% of the values of every monster class and hero.

Here is the download: http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php...=tpmod;dl=item6

I realise the fact that they are in german may be a bit of a hindrance to any modding you want to do, but its a start.

Hi,

and welcome to FDM..

btw, recently we even figured out how to make Open Net 'work' again,

everybody thought it was shut down like closed net, but it wasn't. just nobody @ Deep Silver cares to inform us that the original ascaron URL got invalid,

you have to replace it with the IP directly:

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=69329

would anbody be interested it some sort of S1-UW 'Reunion / Back to the Roots' Event? :)

Edited by Rotluchs