A Small New Find regarding % Leech Weapons, and Some Questions

Hey guys.

Okay, so first with my new small discovery, that may help some barganing chars, or chars that use a lot of gold;

Selling Price is not useless. It seems to actually increase the sale value of items when sold from the character window with sell below value. Using the only constant priced items (potions) I could find, eventually I was getting back more than I was spending on them.

I cannot confirm or deny it on any other items, as the items must be sold to make the comparison, and finding even 2 items that have the same sale value outside specific level uniques/sets etc (that I really don't want to sell lol) is quite hard if not impossible.

Anyway, it does seem to work and raise the coin you receive regardless the sale value listed.

Now, what I want to know is;

Kal'Durs Legacy.... is this a legendary? or just unique? it's in the uniques on the wiki, but the color looks legend.

If legend, its easily the best 1h weapon in the game, but cannot plan a build around legendaries :/

Other than this weapon, that makes 'tom feldes thunderous voice' the next best 1h weapon in the game, but it would require leveling 2 characters to full 200 for a dual wielder... ugh.

However note, in a test a tom sword with 0.7% LL% (level 200 spawn) was hitting a level 196 board boss for 15-16k additional damage, which goes straight to player health....

Even though at level 200 some of its other stats become useless (the +xp%) it retains a 275% sell value! +55% cannot evade, and halve regen times.

Are there any other 1h weapons with LL%? or are these the only options? I mean, tom feldes is garuanteed at level 200 should you want it and have the patience to wait to use the unlock, and the other a legendary which are too rare to plan into a build.

How does LL +XX stack up much later? anyone know? in a short test, even the 0.7% of tom felde seemed to 'out leech' having over +300-500 socketed consistently, so it's just kind of saddening nothing compares :/ the main thing I didn't have time to test, was if the static amounts even leech back enough life to thwart damage dealt to the character at high levels. Is this possible?

Basically, can anyone with some high level play in non-test environments give me something that is comparable or an alternative to LL% for damage, boss kill and survival? its just kind of beating down the whole 'create any build' ideology of sacred for me.

Cheers,

EDIT* Also, anyone who has found the Kal'Durs, please list where you got it if you don't mind, thanks!

Hey there rooster, I'm currently running ololcat's dual wielding dryad build. It is based off using Kal'Durs as its weapons. They are indeed a unique now, but really really hard to find. Up until the point where I can find some, I'm using Tom Felde's. Just spawned 2 with .2% LL, which adds up to .4%, then with the Dethya's Set, I can get another 2.4%, which is 2.8%, which ends up being very very nice.

EDIT* Also, anyone who has found the Kal'Durs, please list where you got it if you don't mind, thanks!

I'd also like to know this as well :gun2:

Kaldur's Legacy is an unique weapon in Ice&Blood, and a legendary in Fallen Angel. :gun2:

You can get them on bosses or simple ennemies (I've dropped 2 on guardians and 1 on a troll)

Edited by Woody

Thanks for the replies so far guys!

Also, on the dual wield dryad thing, you can omit really all other damage portions of that build and stack all defense if you're using the Kal'Durs. It would actually be prefferable to me anyway, as damage building is not needed with LL%.

This is also why I love it so much, as I like going as much defense as possible with any toon, and LL% negates the need for any offense! you can spec totally all defense with incredible results!

I.e.

In a test level 200 seraphim;

1 tom feldes.

Skills:

Tactics lore

exalted focus

Sword lore

then...

Armor lore

Constitution

Toughness

Combat Reflex

Spell Resistance

Shield Lore

You might think this build will have little to no offensive power, and normally you'd be right.

However, once you reach later difficulties, and the enemies hp amount as a number exceeds the damage possible with other means, I.e. enemy has 2 million hp, there is no damage modifier that will give higher damage than %'s of that number, ala LL%.

It will actually turn out to be more damage than pretty much anything else in the game, and no defense sacrifices are necessary.

Cheers,

EDIT* @Ryan, that 2.8% is easily more than enough for anything you will ever encounter. Same holds for the seraphim set that gives ll%. you shouldn't need the weapons for that set, but why not eh? in tests the 2.4% or w/e is on the seraphims at endgame will rip the nameless guardians in a few seconds, with no other damage mods at all.

An example:

A boss (hp amount take from the wiki) at level 166 has 1.725.000 hp. 2.8% of that worked out to be just shy 50k per hit. So awesome lol.

Edited by r00ster

If you're trying to find a melée replacement for %ll then I can't think of anything. Gogos ice high elf was taking down the guardians insanely fast and that's a pure caster.

As to kaldurs, Furian has had them drop in the blood forest and more commonly from the wastelands so that's about all I can add. I must say that the deths set gives sooo much leech tho...a shuriken and the full set is giving 4.3% at level 67...

Edited by Dragon Brother

Yeah 4.3... lol I've found I don't need anymore than over 2.0%, and the seraphim set does that for my celestial usin' seras, it would just be a bit nice to have some variety.

As I see it now, every single 1h user of mine will use either tom felde, or the Kal'Dur if I can get em.

Doesn't leave much for weapon based builds, as everything is inferior :gun2:

That aside, yeah I've made both Ice and Fire HE's to high levels before, as they are my trader toons, and they are never an issue lol, though as gogo states, with the removal of pretty much all modifiers affective spells, they can get a little stale.

Seems everything suits me though in a way, I can throw away pretty much all damage based smithing etc in favor of more defense, which is RIGHT up my alley!

EDIT* I would bet dollars to doughnuts they drop in the last areas the same reason some legendaries do. There is a 'normal' mob table that includes some low tier legendaries and such, and I would fathom a guess this is included as well. Dryad Isle, wastelands etc onwards.

Though, fighting in the wastelands in HC with the demon mage OHKO lightning attack may be hazardous to my health....

Cheers

Edited by r00ster

Regarding the Celestial set for seraphim.

Would the LL% outweigh the advantages of using the Niko set on a primarily Exalted Warrior build? The set bonuses can fairly easily be matched by socketables. Niko has slightly better sockets, but not by much.

I'm considering swapping over for my DW build and adding a couple of Tom Feldes (or Kal'durs if they appear).

Yes, in a sense.

Bear with me a second here, this might be long;

1. You gain leech %.

2. You can spec celestial, which will provide the possibility of:

- regen mod on hallowed restoration. Only with both Celestial Lore and Focus (due to the nerf in expansion) will provide near immunity from any attack that cannot kill you outright, if put in a combo.

I.e. Hallowed restoration > Pelting strike.

- This ensures you don't 'forget' to cast it.

- the second mod, is not - detremental effects, but rather 100% root removal. This was a tooltip error that was never fixed.

- gold mod for -detremental effects.

That CA alone is worth the cost of admission to celestial.

Then, if primarily melee, can spec:

1. Lightning to -enemy attack value.

- The mod is actually a 120% debuff, so having a 0-1% chance to be hit on bosses is not out of the possibility, if you have high evade, and battle stance.

- NOTE! IMPORTANT!

the mod that makes it always proc its effect is very good for lowering attributes on tough enemies, but PLEASE remember if a boss has reflection, this can get you killed. I had a level 100+ seraphim one shotted, as I reflected my lightning, and it debuffed me to heck and back, whack... dead lol. So be careful!

2. Area of Effect attack value debuff in Pillar. Remove a mobs chance to hit you.

IF you add in the shield buff and divine protection from revered, along with a setup like this, mod it properly, as well as battle stance, gaining a seraphim that is almost totally immune to everything is very possible. The character has the ability to out tank/survival pretty much any other class overall. Most defensive skills to select as well.

That all said, I do run pure niokaste on a magic find based seraphim, so that I don't need to work slots so much for everything, just MF, and can support exalted with the set. Again though, this character isn't heavy on the boss killin' nor is it a pure 'monster' build, just really to find stuff.

Niokaste is a great set, but really hallowed, LL% etc all that debuffing, mob conversion etc etc etc etc is too nice.... for me anyway.

Cheers,

EDIT!

By the sounds of your build in particular, I would probably stick with niokaste. Celestial is a set for a class that uses the aspect, and allows the leech. I would rather pray for dual Kal'Durs like everyone else! lol.

Edited by r00ster

Thanks for the insight r00. Very handy.

Perhaps I will just try both and see which works best, I am fairly sure I've got a full set of both.

- The mod is actually a 120% debuff, so having a 0-1% chance to be hit on bosses is not out of the possibility, if you have high evade, and battle stance.

Actually it is possible to have a 0% chance to hit without high evade or battle stance. Me and Schot did some tests and the effects are stackable of the debuff. I had carnach wacking at me without a weapon while I checked out inventory and chatted. Very OP skill indeed.

Actually it is possible to have a 0% chance to hit without high evade or battle stance. Me and Schot did some tests and the effects are stackable of the debuff. I had carnach wacking at me without a weapon while I checked out inventory and chatted. Very OP skill indeed.

That is true.

It should be noted that this is likewise, for any debuff.

I.e. HE's debuffs on Ice spells, positives from expulse, seraphims magics, etc etc.

Any spell with these kinds of properties, not just the lightning of the seraphim.

Cheers,

Since x% life leech is all you need versus bosses --- anyone of you playing without tactic lore?

When I did my sohei dragon mage I ignored tactic lore because I needed the weapon just to do x% lifeleech at bosses and to recharge my area spells with rph.

So any of you playing for example a voodoo dryad with totems for mob killing and taking hunter fokus for life leech attacks and rph? I think this build wouldn't need tactics, but could still have the powerful life leech attacks. And hunter focus would bring high level dustdevils to block spells.

I think there are more possible 'hybrids' possible, using a life leech weapon to help at bosses and for rph while the main mass kill damage is with spells. You wouldn't need tactic lore and have one skill saved.

Hey guys.

Kal'Durs Legacy.... is this a legendary? or just unique? it's in the uniques on the wiki, but the color looks legend.

If legend, its easily the best 1h weapon in the game, but cannot plan a build around legendaries :/

Other than this weapon, that makes 'tom feldes thunderous voice' the next best 1h weapon in the game, but it would require leveling 2 characters to full 200 for a dual wielder... ugh.

However note, in a test a tom sword with 0.7% LL% (level 200 spawn) was hitting a level 196 board boss for 15-16k additional damage, which goes straight to player health....

Even though at level 200 some of its other stats become useless (the +xp%) it retains a 275% sell value! +55% cannot evade, and halve regen times.

Are there any other 1h weapons with LL%? or are these the only options? I mean, tom feldes is garuanteed at level 200 should you want it and have the patience to wait to use the unlock, and the other a legendary which are too rare to plan into a build.

How does LL +XX stack up much later? anyone know? in a short test, even the 0.7% of tom felde seemed to 'out leech' having over +300-500 socketed consistently, so it's just kind of saddening nothing compares :/ the main thing I didn't have time to test, was if the static amounts even leech back enough life to thwart damage dealt to the character at high levels. Is this possible?

Basically, can anyone with some high level play in non-test environments give me something that is comparable or an alternative to LL% for damage, boss kill and survival? its just kind of beating down the whole 'create any build' ideology of sacred for me.

Cheers,

Rooster, I love the way you can dig out game elements and really re-spin in for us to get a different angle. I wanted to introduce you, as well, to Dmitri... he's the one, who just days ago released the most advanced leech build in all of Sacred 2 Dom (It's probably the reason why Kal durs has been the hottest item to look for in Sacred 2 HC Eu lately ever since Dmitri published this )which I hope people here get a chance to look at in terms of perfect execution of leech... and it's certainly one of the top five best handsome looking guides ever:

A guide to the little melee bosskilling dryad.

:whistle:

gogo

Since x% life leech is all you need versus bosses --- anyone of you playing without tactic lore?

When I did my sohei dragon mage I ignored tactic lore because I needed the weapon just to do x% lifeleech at bosses and to recharge my area spells with rph.

So any of you playing for example a voodoo dryad with totems for mob killing and taking hunter fokus for life leech attacks and rph? I think this build wouldn't need tactics, but could still have the powerful life leech attacks. And hunter focus would bring high level dustdevils to block spells.

I think there are more possible 'hybrids' possible, using a life leech weapon to help at bosses and for rph while the main mass kill damage is with spells. You wouldn't need tactic lore and have one skill saved.

While I'm not playing without tactics lore my current dryad that I mentioned it above has only got a dozen or so points into it, all she does is kill guardians so all she needs is leech. I picked it more for mod points than anything else.

Hey guys.

Cheers,

Rooster, I love the way you can dig out game elements and really re-spin in for us to get a different angle. I wanted to introduce you, as well, to Dmitri... he's the one, who just days ago released the most advanced leech build in all of Sacred 2 Dom (It's probably the reason why Kal durs has been the hottest item to look for in Sacred 2 HC Eu lately ever since Dmitri published this )which I hope people here get a chance to look at in terms of perfect execution of leech... and it's certainly one of the top five best handsome looking guides ever:

A guide to the little melee bosskilling dryad.

1smile.gif

gogo

Lol...while he's the first build posted to actually specifically use kaldur's its not really new...everyone who's heard about them wants them and give two of those to any character that dual wields and they would be able to do what he/his dryad did with almost no effort. His build is more of a showcase of the effectiveness of the %LL than an advanced build based on it. However, it is very well formatted.

Edited by Dragon Brother