Dungeon Siege 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya,

nice... played the whole series :)

You guys thinking it is kinda similar to D3... sound & gameplay... next generation gaming maybe

Greetz

Does look very similiar to the D3 videos Blizzard has up and running currently.

As far as "next generation gaming", it looks as if this may be true.

Most every trailer I have come across as of late, all tend to have the same feel, graphics & the like.

I remain, :)

Heya,

nice... played the whole series :)

You guys thinking it is kinda similar to D3... sound & gameplay... next generation gaming maybe

Greetz

Does look very similiar to the D3 videos Blizzard has up and running currently.

As far as "next generation gaming", it looks as if this may be true.

Most every trailer I have come across as of late, all tend to have the same feel, graphics & the like.

I remain, :)

I see that too. They are all very similar.

I wonder which game will distinguish itself as best? Blizzard has a track record of taking what others are doing and tweeking it just a bit to make it better. I bet we will see more of the same. I hope D3 isn't as claustrophobic as the past Diablos have been.

Thanx for posting that one, looks good, well.. promising, and interesting..

I never really played DS1+2, although I know both games.. well.. from looks, and gameplay.. but by the time I found out about them, I already had Sacred, so they had no chance to distract my gaming-focus..

currently, pretty much every new upcoming H&S ARPG game has a potential chance to become my next 'major' game

(or everything else that looks like one, or similar enough)

simply, because I don't play Sacred 2 anymore, can't play S1, and all 'new' games are yet to be released, somtime somewhere..

well, not true 100% .. I play korean beta of Mythos atm, but it's a bit hard to deal with as it's not 100% in english yet, I can't use (or want to) use their cash shop, and they have some unique korean features in it we over here may not like that much.. (I hope US/EU thing will be different)

regarding DS3 :

who is the new Publisher and/or Developer again?

I read about it recently, but forgot it^^ I only remember, when I read it's name:

aha, sounds promising.. that company might be better for this job than last one..

but can even think of it anymore, why I was like that. anyone got a link? can't find it atm :)

edit:

for DS3 , it's now Obsidian Entertainment (eg. Neverwinter Nights II, Star Wars:KOTOR2, Fallout:New Vegas..)

instead of Gas Powered Games (Space Siege, and rest of entire Dungeon Siege Universe, 1-2)

Edited by Rotluchs

I LOVE this video! Me and Schot and a few others from the SIF in the old days when Sacred had gotten old were all looking for a new game to play. Dungeon Siege had just come out, WOW..I have never fallen out of love with the style of the art. From the first static pic that appeared about it on the net, when we picked up the game, it never let me down...cept for one thing... a HUGE thing...

MP

alas

such a dissapointment...this game had all the stuff I wanted...a pet you could feed items to (gENIUS!) that would then have different abilities depending on what you fed it! And there was a choice of pets...animations were amazing... Loved it.

but because MP was so limited, it never really released enough creativity... we were pretty much only playing SP...and that soon enough fizzled out for us.

This is an amazing video. And Baristan, I love what you have noted as being next gen... I know what you are talking about I think. I had noticed a trend in motion/sound.. Diablo 3 first started it...and when Guild Wars first came out with the enchantress, I was like, beh...but then...they released the footage on the warrior... same idea as diablo 3 motion/sound ...very fast, HUGE impact...but done better than Blizzard imo!

I am seeing that the engines of new games are looking to support this kind of movement..I've also noted it in the latest vampire trilogy, Twillight. The vampires move blurringly fast, then the action slows down while they pursue their blows.

Even if this new Dungeon Siege 3 is a SP game, well..by then Sacred 2 will be far more quiet...and if Guild Wars is not out yet... I know where I'll be.

:bounce:

gogo

Hmm, looks quite nice. I've liked what Obsidian's done earlier, mostly NWN2, so I'll be eagerly waiting to see what this becomes. It seems 2011 will be catering some nice games, if everything goes as announced. ^^

The previous installations went quite unnoticed for me. Tried DS1 a little but my comp wasn't quite up to it at the time. And once again, the SP sure is the biggest thing for me. Mostly 'cause my connection isn't on par with anything MP-action...

• 8 months later...

Here's a video preview of the PC version, with lots of gameplay : VIDEO

I'm not quite sure what to think of this game, but I'll most likely try the PC demo on June 7th.

Max

Here's a video preview of the PC version, with lots of gameplay : VIDEO

I'm not quite sure what to think of this game, but I'll most likely try the PC demo on June 7th.

Max

we're buying it

we're gong to play it!

That video is sick...is there anything else like that out anywhere with an English narrative though?

I've been waiting for a game to look good magically, cuz I'd always felt that Sacred 2 kind of lagged in that department.

Dungeon Siege 2 looks like it's gonna do the job!

:dance:

gogo

I was a fan of the Dungeon Seige games, have 1 and 2 for the pc and still play Throne of Agony on the psp. I was really looking forward to #3 but the more info I found out about it the more I found myself loosing interest in it.

Pretty much everything I enjoy about the Dungeon Siege games has been stripped out of this one. There is no character customization or creation, you have 4 preset characters to choose from that each have 4 preset attacks with nothing more to unlock. The multi player also looks like it will be a very poor experience, unless you are the host you will just be assigned a character to play for that game you join and it will be lost when you leave the game so you basicly just take over the roll of an AI companion.

So if like me you enjoyed the previous Dungeon Siege games you might want to look into the previews and interviews about the game before you buy it or you might be in for a real disapointment. This isn't the game I was looking forward to.

Good news! Dobster did you already download it? How long did it take? I've updated the topic title of this thread, with your news.

Can hardly wait!

:bounce:

gogo

Just got back form work Gogo but left it downloading. It took about 1 hour and 30 mins but my download speed is not great.

Can't wait to try it out :bounce:

Gogo: You'd need to download the Steam client to dl and play it. All free though.

Trying to get it to dl, but at times my connection sucks monkey balls with Steam downloads...

Note to self; never, Ever, try to get something from Steam when alt+tab:in Sacred 2. Just won't work...

Edited by Stormwing

I just had a play through and really wanted to like it but....oh dear it's not great :(

It plays just like Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance or the more recent Dungeon Hunter series. After playing games like Sacred and TQ it is way to linear and simple.

The graphics feel dated and the many cut-scenes stop the action too often.

Oh well, another one to wait until it goes to the bargain bin.