Diablo 3's Final Class Announced with Trailer - Demon Hunter

woooooooooooooooooow.. this is it, this is the class I will be buying this game for. So fast ... definitely up there with the speed the Dryad fires at...but oh much much more delicious looking:

This game just can't get here soon enough. You can see the mini CA videos here:

http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/demonhunter.xml

;)

gogo

SOLD!

I have to agree here gogo. This char class does look the most tempting out of the entire lot.

I am a fan of the Barbarian class also. The Demon Hunter will be a nice go to when I am feeling tired of close combat.

CANT WAIT!

I remain, ;)

I have watched video 4 times today, it looks like a fun class. I knew last class was going to be ranged as it was the only class not already there.

I never played a Dryad but I was a Wood Elf in Sacred.

I was going to buy Diablo 3 regardless of what last class was.

Yeah, that was the last nail, so to speak. :) Kinda same as with colif; gonna buy it as soon it gets here, whenever that is. Seems to be a nice mix of different types and all.

Not to mention, I've always like Diablo. ^^

Considering I spent several years after I stopped playing Diablo2 looking for a replacement for it, and it wasn't easy to do. Plenty of clones, none of them very good. Sacred fixed that for a while, as has Sacred 2. But Sacred lacks one thing that made diablo 2 easy to play long term, random dungeons. Not just caves full of spiders, actual areas you fear to tread. Once you run through Sacred 2 a few times you can guess where you are on map without looking, every cave is always the same though there are an awful lot of them. Torchlight had random dungeons but only 3 classes, and shared skills, so it got boring once you hit max level you can do in unlimited dungeon... not bad for a cheap game though.

One advantage D3 has is surprise, apart from the inside shots, very little is known of how it looks outside, and there is no guarantee the videos we have seen are in game. They can make their competitors think game looks 1 way so all the cheap clones come out, then have a diferent look altogether on release.

Heya,

that is a new version of an old character... only bigger, bolder, better :)

That is no Demon Hunter, THAT is the Überzon (amazon) ;)

:)

Greetz

Edit.... tho it makes me sad they ruled out Paladin, THIS is my first class for sure!

Edited by Barristan
Heya,

that is a new version of an old character... only bigger, bolder, better :)

That is no Demon Hunter, THAT is the Überzon (amazon) ;)

:dntknw:

Greetz

Edit.... tho it makes me sad they ruled out Paladin, THIS is my first class for sure!

Could not agree with you more Barristan.

You pinned the Uberzon. Similiar thoughts when I first saw the video.

I will also miss the Aura's our fierce Paladin brought to the table.

Going back a few months, the Witch Doctor reminds me of the infamous Necro.

The Witch Doctor's saving grace is they kept the Barbarians very famous & powerful Whirlwind. Honestly, Witch Doctor, huh?

The Monk character class reminds me of the Sin. Even today, I still miss the famous claw combo: Chaos / Etheral, perfect 200% damage, 2x uped, Bartuc's Cut Throat.

The Wizard reminds me of Blizzard's version of an Anime type character. Wonder which Market Share they are trying to appease?

gotta stop here, need to focus on the game at hand... :)

I remain, :)

Heya,

yah... I do believe I kept some of my old toons on the external... SP... but still very good :D

My online acc must have expired years ago...

Most of them are variations of the Pally, tho your dual Bartucs Sin is among them too ;)

Barb Whirlwind :D Very long ago indeed! Took some training, but unstoppable.

Personal favorite was always the Zealadin... easy to build, hard to fully equip. I never seemed to find alot of Draculs or HoZ. Eth BoTD zerker, and CtA on switch :D

Yah... a very good game... ;)

Let's hope my Pally join the expansion ;)

Greetz

• 1 month later...

I have been again recently playing my Dryad in SC Closed for the PvP tests. Just playing a CA is that fast had me again running to check out this video. Ranged is just about one of the coolest things for me to see in game. Being able to effect huge changes in objects so distant. I'm pretty much thinking the only thing of real caliber that's going to come out before Diablo 3 is going to be Guild Wars 2... and here's to hoping their ranged class has a one up on this daemon hunter.

puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YEAH!!

She is definitely a mix between Amazon and Assassin.

Its sucks that they didn't bring back the necromancer, he was the most awesome character EVER! When I get Diablo 3 I will definitely play the most necromancer-ish character first. :viking: