CM Patch Dual Wield Set Suggestion

Well, I played around with the skin for the blood dryad sword...had a play around with the colours to make it a little more blue, not sure what suited it better when I was done, magic or ice, I'm leaning towards Ice suiting the colour blend a little better, but what do you think?

Magic:

magic.jpg

Ice:

ice.jpg

I was a little lazy, probably shouldnt have changed the colour of the handle, but meh...I just wanted to see if it would look any good.

Beautiful :) It would certainly suit the idea of the Twinkle/Icingdeath swords. Really good makeover, hands down!

Ahh, but which one should it be? Im thinking it looks better as ice, ergo Icingdeath, but wondered what others thought.

Also, Im gonna quickly add a pic with the handles a golder colour.

Edit - here we go:

Magic:

magic-1.jpg

Ice - I like how with the ice effect applied it appears as if there is an icy layer on the sword making it not so bright:

ice-1.jpg

Edited by Dragon Brother

So chanding the blade's glow isn't impossible. Looks really good. How about making the Ice sword colour scheme like: the blade as it is now (black+blue glow), the handle is - silver skull (would match blue better than gold) with the eyes glowing bright blue and blue or black (it would look less bright) horns. As for the magical sword: silver blade with dark blue/violet glow and black (dark metal) skull on the handle. Not sure if it's interesting, but I wanted to make them look a bit different, not exactly alike. And maybe a bit less bright (black+blue+gold looks a bit too colourful). Just a suggestion though.

So chanding the blade's glow isn't impossible. Looks really good. How about making the Ice sword colour scheme like: the blade as it is now (black+blue glow), the handle is - silver skull (would match blue better than gold) with the eyes glowing bright blue and blue or black (it would look less bright) horns. As for the magical sword: silver blade with dark blue/violet glow and black (dark metal) skull on the handle. Not sure if it's interesting, but I wanted to make them look a bit different, not exactly alike. And maybe a bit less bright (black+blue+gold looks a bit too colourful). Just a suggestion though.

Well...I would think a different model for the other sword would be better...not just a different skin...anyway, I'm tired and am off for sleep...will think more in the morning about this.

Well, the idea about two models is actually good, but they have to look good together. There are just no swords that look close to the Blood Dryads' in game, that's why I didn't propose using two different models. They should look somewhat like twin-swords, or otherwise their look won't exacly fit the idea of the Dual Wielding set. Set items usually are somewhat of the same style, that makes them look like a set, not just like some random items used together.

By the way, I looked at the Deathblade closer. It looks quite interesting if you enlarge the picture. And it may be possible to make its colour scheme match the damage types too.

And of course you should rest now. Noone asks you to think about it immediately. This idea can wait for some time. After all, the next CM release won't be tomorrow, would it?

Well, I looked at what you suggested about changing the colour of the horns on the blood dryad ice sword to a darker blue, but with the ice effect it covers all except for the three horns closest to the blade which means that when a darker blue is used it looked odd to me...these dark bits surrounded by lighter horns...didnt fit, plus I like how the light blue has the same sort of eerie inner glow through the blade and horns. I did however tweak the eyes to make them less...purple...

Anyway, Deathblade, looks rather nice so I fiddled around with it and came up with this for a possible magic sword version.

twinkle.jpg

And this is them together:

dual.jpg

dual2.jpg

So what do you guys think of the two together?

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • Like! 1

The magical one looks beautiful. I really like it. Still they look too different for me, the Ice one appears to be bigger. But if you want to opt for the completely different models, these two are the best choice: dark spiked blades with blue glow. And both are decorated with gold. But the golden part (skull) one the ice sword is much brighter than the ornament on the magical one. Would they look better is the colour of the golden parts would be similar? But anyway, you do a wonderful job with their look. This set is already 'must find' for all the people who discuss it here, but I think that the other players would like it too.

Did you ask czevak's opinion? What do CM developers think of the idea?

Did you ask czevak's opinion? What do CM developers think of the idea?

I quite like the idea, but would prefer the two blades to be more similar, too.

Maybe we can change the model of the blooddryad sword slightly for the second blade. (Turning some of the spikes at the handle into different positions, changing the blade in minor parts.)

I think it is important that the blades actually do look like "brothers/sisters" to have a "Set" look.

Get the stats and names together and file a "feature request" over at Mantis when you are ready.

I quite like the idea, but would prefer the two blades to be more similar, too.

Maybe we can change the model of the blooddryad sword slightly for the second blade. (Turning some of the spikes at the handle into different positions, changing the blade in minor parts.)

I think it is important that the blades actually do look like "brothers/sisters" to have a "Set" look.

Get the stats and names together and file a "feature request" over at Mantis when you are ready.

So our opinions on the look are similar. I wanted to ask if you may propose something about the model change. In this thread we discuss the re-skinning options only because making a new model is more difficult. But if you would agree to work with models, the new opportunities may be discussed. Maybe you even may propose some better idea about the look that is possible to implement for them.

Since the discussion of names and bonus lists stopped some time ago, I think that it's safe to post the idea on Mantis already. I hope nobody would mind me doing it.

Well, I looked at what you suggested about changing the colour of the horns on the blood dryad ice sword to a darker blue, but with the ice effect it covers all except for the three horns closest to the blade which means that when a darker blue is used it looked odd to me...these dark bits surrounded by lighter horns...didnt fit, plus I like how the light blue has the same sort of eerie inner glow through the blade and horns. I did however tweak the eyes to make them less...purple...

Anyway, Deathblade, looks rather nice so I fiddled around with it and came up with this for a possible magic sword version.

twinkle.jpg

And this is them together:

dual.jpg

dual2.jpg

So what do you guys think of the two together?

I love it too, and I hope this goes okay with getting it added, it's a very exquisite set.

DB, to know for you such talent!

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. Rep POint!

I put this suggestion on Mantis in the Issue #422. I took the info from this topic, but still would ask you to check it. So the request was made, and now we would wait for it to be implemented. Any of the additional suggestions about the look may be still discussed and put to this issue.

I'm a huge fan of Salvatore and his Mighty Drizzt. All the ideas here are awesome. Only suggestion I have is on the fire mitigation for IcingDeath. It must be very high. Remember that it has been used many times in the defence against dragons breath. Bruenor used it in Mithral Hall while he rode on the dragon to it's death. And also in the latest book Gauntlgrym, it once again saved Drizzt's life by protecting him from the blast of fire. He might come out of it with some small wisps of trailing smoke, but I have never read of his confidence breaking while holding his swords.

That's more than right story-wise. But... well, the strong fire mitigation was suggested, the exact numeric value would be proposed by CM develorers. The value that would be right story-wise may just be considered overpowered for Sacred. But I think that the very mention of this bonus is a reference already.

Well, why not make it story-like?

If possible, the Fire damage mitigation may be based on a certain skill. This way it will rise as the character grows stronger, which should fit the general idea of the story.

My guess is that this way we can have both the set, and the general storyline of the Drizzt character (never heard of it, really, so I apologize if I make an incorrect assumption) fulfilled to the best of our abilities.

Just a small suggestion :P

but I have never read of his confidence breaking while holding his swords.

This is a profound statement, and ties in directly with the inspiration for the swords, the legend of Drizzt.

drizzt.jpg

Drizzt_Pic_1.jpg

I remember reading these stories until late at night, never wanting once to tear myself away even for a scant few minutes from these adventures. The way battles were described, the imagination of how magic was used, and especially the entire concept of The Underdark... evil and full or despair. How anyone could have thought up a society that actually integrated what we think of as being evil into the bedrock of a visioned community was a masterpiece.

I do hope that somehow this kind of sentiment can work it's way into the pieces. Being able to connect to the mythic wielder of these weapons would be an inspirational benefit.

:)

gogo

Actually, I'd be happy to see this implemented too. The sword that can save you from Dragons' attacks is both interesting and useful. Not to mention that it reminds of the famous Dark Elf. I enjoyed the stories even though the russian translation is awful (and the original books were impossible to get).

I just wanted to say that it's still a suggestion only. The CM team would say the last word, and it may be not the one we want to hear. I copied the statement about: fire mitigation (high value) to Mantis exactly as it was typed in this topic. But do you remember the Dryad's set discussion? We can insist on no powerful bonuses, or we risk to get nothing at all.

When I suggested the bonus I knew that it would have to be something relatively strong to fully relate to the story, however it can't be too great a value in the game...I'll leave it up to the CM guys to work out exactly what they think, like Dobri suggested though, the mitigation is attached (in the suggested item mods) to Dual Wielding so will scale as more points are added.

I do like the idea of a slightly tweaked model for the second sword so as to make them look better together. Can't wait to see what gets worked out :)

Thanks for putting this over on Mantis Silver :thumbsup:

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • 3 months later...

I was just coming back to this and wondering if any progress had been made on implementing this at all? Or if the focus for the last few releases has been more on the mutation sets and fixing up quests and such?

Damn, nearly forgot this was here. Hopefully it'll get it's time in the limelight soon. ^^ Kinda missed most of the discussion when it was brand new, but I'd certainly second all main points given.

And I guess BD's hunch could be on spot. There's been quite a few things to tidy up with the recent releases.