[CM-Patch] Small Preview on new v0130 feature

Well, the CM patch team can only edit resource files so there is a rather big limit to what they can do. They cannot really create new functionality in the game. Only toy around with existing possibilities.

It seems relics can be set items, which is sort of neat. Making stuff like Diablo 2 style runes/runewords is clearly impossible.

Depends Silver Fox

If they all have elemental protection included with them, then it's elemental protection plus.

I assume that is the case, since they all have colors that match all five protection schemes

Runewords could actually be done to a limited extent. Assuming the four slot weapon or armor possibility would be increased, you could create ammy/ring sets that are purely 'rune words' that have a three item set bonus. If you could include one item in multiple sets, the possibility could increase exponentially.

This is a rather easy answer:

Green - chance to make console players green with envy +100%

Red - chance to make console players red with envy +100%

Blue - chance to make console players blue with envy +100%

Yellow - chance to make console players yellow with envy +100%

Purple - chance to make console players purple with envy +100%

Depending on level of the items these modifiers might increase to +150%.

Am I right? :agreed:

Runewords could actually be done to a limited extent. Assuming the four slot weapon or armor possibility would be increased, you could create ammy/ring sets that are purely 'rune words' that have a three item set bonus. If you could include one item in multiple sets, the possibility could increase exponentially.

Actually, it could have been possible in Sacred 1, but not in Sacred 2. In Sacred 2, the game doesn't recognize socketed items as parts of the set. You need to actually wear them to have a set bonus.

What I was wondering about, is mostly technical stuff. Sigils can form sets of more than three, at the same time, the Relic Holder recognizes only three relics at time as equipped. So to create bigger sets, it was needed to either allow to equip the Sigils in other slots or to trick the Relic Holder so it could consider the Sigils equipped even when they are not in the top slot.

Actually, it could have been possible in Sacred 1, but not in Sacred 2. In Sacred 2, the game doesn't recognize socketed items as parts of the set. You need to actually wear them to have a set bonus.

What I was wondering about, is mostly technical stuff. Sigils can form sets of more than three, at the same time, the Relic Holder recognizes only three relics at time as equipped. So to create bigger sets, it was needed to either allow to equip the Sigils in other slots or to trick the Relic Holder so it could consider the Sigils equipped even when they are not in the top slot.

You're right. Dang it. In both paragraphs. I wasn't thinking things through

I had wondered about that...but I assumed that the sets of 5 would have to work somehow and that they must have worked that out.

Tried that. Doesn't work, mate. One Item can only be part of one Set. Plus Set items in sockets loose the Set Bonus they grant. (Tried it with the new Ring set that I cant remember the name of now. It had the Star of Silithar and Urthak in it...)

So to create bigger sets, it was needed to either allow to equip the Sigils in other slots or to trick the Relic Holder so it could consider the Sigils equipped even when they are not in the top slot.

I was surprised to find that the relic holder actually does do that. :)

You get the direct bonuses from the active three sigils, but all the set bonuses of every set in the holder.

I was surprised to find that the relic holder actually does do that. :)

You get the direct bonuses from the active three sigils, but all the set bonuses of every set in the holder.

This could open up quite a few possibilities... :)

• 1 month later...

There is also a problem with the mission "Conflict over a Corpse." "Lieutenant Rinah" no longer follows the player. I hope it is resolved. When can I get the new version of "CM Patch"?

Gretting :)