[CM-Patch] Small Preview on new v0130 feature

Hi to shorten the waiting for the next Patch version, I proudly present a glimpse on a new coming feature:

sigil%20draft.jpg

Have Fun speculating about the use of these things. :)

Edited by czevak

New relics? (blue are ice, green - poison, red - fire, purple are magic, but yellow..)

Unique/legendary relics? Maybe even sets of them?

Edited by ololcat

Stormwing "stole" my first guess :P

Second guess (also, from D2) would be items that grant a bonus if you have them in your inventory (ie Charms).

Or maybe some new type of socketable... maybe something that can change the damage type of a non-weapon combat art :twitch:

Hrm... if I keep guessing, I'll get it :BlobRed:

The colour-coding of these little new things somewhat matches the damage types: yellow for physical, red for fire, light-blue for ice, violet for magic and green for poison. The size makes assume that they are either relics or socketables. Maybe they are socketables that modify or improve the armour against a certain damage type? Something like the Scale of a Dragon socketable from Sacred 1. Or maybe they are improved damage modifiers for weapons, that can add something more than just conversion. This somewhat matches the fact that there is only one yellow thing here - most weapons and armour are physical anyway, so it won't be extremely needed.

The other guess is that htey may be consumables that temporary increase the defense or damage with certain damage type. Though the defence seems to be more logical here, especially DOT resistance, wich the game is lacking.

Anyway, it's really nice to see that there going to be something new in the game. Some new stuff to find and use always makes exciting news.

Hi to shorten the waiting for the next Patch version, I proudly present a glimpse on a new coming feature:

sigil%20draft.jpg

Have Fun speculating about the use of these things. :)

It'd be cool if they were rpl'ing the lava chunks and the like with 'elemental conversion plus'. Like 'stun' or 'bleed' or 'make fart' or something

Well no. ;)

We call the thigs "Sigils" and they are a kind of ancient protection magic.

More details will come out soon, because I am nearing the stage where I have to give it to the translators and then it will be a public open issue and quite easy to put one and one together to see what they will do... :)

interesting... when I first saw them the thing that immediately popped into my mind was: "hell yeah scared 1 portal runes!", haha... obivoulsy I knew that wouldn't make much sense

anyway, can't wait till the next patch comes out. great work guys, keep it up.

oh by the way, since I couldn't find any bug report CM patch topics, I'll just post it here.

basically when you finish a sidequest (gray pointer/circle) the pointer and the circle keep showing up on your map until you choose another sidequest from the logbook. is this a known issue? anyway, I think it should be fixed. it can get quite annoying and confusing, just saying. :)

edit: sorry for the double post. I'm used to forumfree, where when you post something within a certain time threshold from your previous post, and there are no other users' posts in between, your posts get merged into one. sorry. :(

Edited by Dragon Brother

edit: sorry for the double post. I'm used to forumfree, where when you post something within a certain time threshold from your previous post, and there are no other users' posts in between, your posts get merged into one. sorry. :(

Fixed :)

To shed a little bit more light into the issue, now that the translation track is public:

The Sigils form Sets of three (and more) and go into specific slots of the inventory (they are not socketables). :)

To shed a little bit more light into the issue, now that the translation track is public:

The Sigils form Sets of three (and more) and go into specific slots of the inventory (they are not socketables). :)

Wow

Cool

That pretty cool.

I Imagine it would have taken some difficulty to create new inventory sockets for the different characters?

New inventory sockets?

Or combine (how, I'm not sure) 3 or more to make "greaves" or "boots" etc... essentially making them "runewords" if I am correct :smart:

So they go into the relic slots then? Perhaps they offer damage increases rather than elemental armor (though I doubt they'll see all that much use then unless everyone are swimming in Artamark's Stars).

I wonder if the relic holder is the only way to use them. Most probably it is, but I still wanted to ask. I also wonder if they have elemental armour like relics do. Most probably they don't, but in this case they need to have really good defensive bonuses on them. And still, I can't imagine the bonuses that would compensate the lack of elemental protection. I really like the idea behind these items, and I'm just worried about how useful they will be.