Favourite meat?

I like all meats, chicken, pork, lamb or game being my choice if I have to order in a restaurant.

Chicken: any form, fillet, or thighs if I have to choose a cut,

Pork: BACON, gammon, belly, fillet, ribs.

Lamb: loin, rack/ribs, fillet,

Game: fillet, Loin, ribs

Delta!

Roast beef, hands down.

Sometimes my mum organizes a familly meal, so my two brothers bring thier wives and kids and I all gather at my parents place and my mum cooks up a big roast.............yummy :drool:

The roast beef joint is served with roast potatoes, roast parsnip, a whole bunch of vegetables (carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) and yorkshire puddings all covered with gravy...........yeeha ! It is always quite literally falling off the plate............she goes a bit OTT, haha.

For pudding she will make a big trifle and a crumble ( rhubarb or apple, or whatever is in season) with custard. Sadly, I have to miss out on dessert these days as my blood/sugar lvls will hit the roof !

..............oh geez, now I'm starving, lol !

See ya,

Steve. :superman:

Roast beef, hands down.

Sometimes my mum organizes a familly meal, so my two brothers bring thier wives and kids and I all gather at my parents place and my mum cooks up a big roast.............yummy :drool:

The roast beef joint is served with roast potatoes, roast parsnip, a whole bunch of vegetables (carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) and yorkshire puddings all covered with gravy...........yeeha ! It is always quite literally falling off the plate............she goes a bit OTT, haha.

For pudding she will make a big trifle and a crumble ( rhubarb or apple, or whatever is in season) with custard. Sadly, I have to miss out on dessert these days as my blood/sugar lvls will hit the roof !

See ya,

wow

Can I get an invite? :D

Big Beef fan. It's not too strong a tasting meat, I grew up on Goat (shudder) and now I can't abide even the smell or flavor of it...even lamb I'll find myself shying away from, it's got that *game* flavor

:)

gogo

Roast beef, hands down.

See ya,

wow

Can I get an invite? :D

Big Beef fan. It's not too strong a tasting meat, I grew up on Goat (shudder) and now I can't abide even the smell or flavor of it...even lamb I'll find myself shying away from, it's got that *game* flavor

gogo

You would be more than welcome, my friend. :yay:

I forgot to mention that my mum also buys a big jar of horseradish sauce. I prefer the creamy kind, rather than the hot............which can set your mouth on fire !

Goat ?! I definitely haven't tried that..............mind you, some of them late night kebabs I've eaten over the years, you just never know, rofl ! :drunkards:

Steve. :)

Goat ?! I definitely haven't tried that..............mind you, some of them late night kebabs I've eaten over the years, you just never know, rofl ! :drunkards:

LOL

You mean those street vendors, or late night eateries? Wish we had street vendors here, Montreal doesn't allow them, but I've eaten from them in other cities, love them so!

gogo

LOL

You mean those street vendors, or late night eateries? Wish we had street vendors here, Montreal doesn't allow them, but I've eaten from them in other cities, love them so!

gogo

The street dudes for sure. Never could be sure what they had on that giant skewer. Donna kebab ftw. Onions, lettuce, chilli sauce, mayo and a side of fries................mmmmmm.................but only after a skin full, never sober ! :pitcher:

Can't say favourite meat. As soon you say you have a favourite meat you will have served it all the time and it is loosing its status as favourite meat quickly. So I like it different. But I have some favourites:

Salami: donkey !!

Sauerbraten: horse

campfire: fish fished freshly with a fishing pole

I was just thinking ( a rare occurance in itself, lol !)

Whilst I have said that beef is my number one meat, I am rather partial to a gammon steak.

I don't often go out for dinner, but when I do, I like a gammon steak, especially if I can have fried eggs AND a pineapple ring on top, hehe. Chuck in some chips (fries) and peas and it's a deal !

Since I've been on this health drive and trying to look after myself, a lot of meats have been off the menu, sadly. I have replaced them with Quorn, which is actually a lot nicer than I feared !

Donkey salami origined in european mountains where donkeys were used for transports. Once they were no longer able to carry big loads because of age or injuries they were turned into Salami. I only tasted donkey salami and no other ways of donkey meat and it was very tasty. Probably because of its century old tradition for this salami.

Similiar horse for Sauerbraten in my area was mainly because horses were used to pull heavy waggons with iron ore through forests or to move trunks. Same reason here: if they were no longer able to pull they were slaughtered. There was no special farming for horses (and in italy for donkeys I think) just to slaughter them. Sauerbraten is pickling/marinating meat before eating, so even meat from older animals could be used - in this case big cold blood horses who got to old to do their job. In former days people couldn't feed 'useless' animals.

Donkey salami origined in european mountains where donkeys were used for transports. Once they were no longer able to carry big loads because of age or injuries they were turned into Salami. I only tasted donkey salami and no other ways of donkey meat and it was very tasty. Probably because of its century old tradition for this salami.

Similiar horse for Sauerbraten in my area was mainly because horses were used to pull heavy waggons with iron ore through forests or to move trunks. Same reason here: if they were no longer able to pull they were slaughtered. There was no special farming for horses (and in italy for donkeys I think) just to slaughter them. Sauerbraten is pickling/marinating meat before eating, so even meat from older animals could be used - in this case big cold blood horses who got to old to do their job. In former days people couldn't feed 'useless' animals.

I'd never have imagined a "donkey" as being a salami.

lol, can't help but have visions of "donkey" from Shrek in my head

15044913.jpg

:blink:

gogo

I'd never have imagined a "donkey" as being a salami.

lol, can't help but have visions of "donkey" from Shrek in my head

15044913.jpg

:blink:

gogo

Donkey from Shrek will just talk his way out of being made into a salami, can only imagine "oh what big sharp knives you have... I mean bright and shiny knives, and do I detect a refreshing hint of eau de Cologne?" :unsure:

Delta!