The Hobbit

Well, trailer for the hobbit has been released...looking very, very sweet!

Edit...not sure how to embed youtube videos anymore...I thought it would auto-embed when detecting the link but no such link, follow the link though!

DB, this made my morning, awesome! Thought, I'm NOT looking at the trailer! lol I gave up on watching trailers to any and all movies I love. Batman, Hobbit, Prometheus (Prometheus especially!) I'm staying away from, I'm trying to recreate for myself the experience of how I felt in the theatre when I saw Matrix for the first time. One of my friends said some new sci fi movie was out, I had zero idea on what was going to happen, didn't even know who keanu reaves really was. From that moment on, after I had settled into the seat, popcorn on lap, soda tub in my hands, I was drawn in, and compelled to watch, as every scene was new, fresh, and exciting, all new, nothing pre-seen!

lol, all my friends were jealous of my experience, something they couldn't buy, only earn, and that only through hard discipline, trailers are spammed at us it seems in metro stations, pre views for other movies, tv shows, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :oooo:^

The Hobbit is on my list of must see movies this year!

:)

gogo

p.s. Just put in another link for youtube, this time it works, movie's up and running here!

Very cool, been waiting for this to come out for awhile now....looks like I'll buy this and have to have a Hobbit/Lord of the Rings marathon some Saturday or Sunday

Or Saturday and Sunday if you have the extended versions of them all!

I haven't looked at the trailer yet (Must resist!...though an early Christmas present would be fun eh ? :devil:) however, I did check out the dwarves' pix, the work they've put into their costumes and hair/beard styles, beautifully elaborate and detailed. I have this one single pic here:

hobbitsupersize.jpg

But anyone know where on net is one that has each one of them in close ups singular pose? That picture trail was magnificent.

gogo

Beardless dwarves... they look kinda naked :3lmao:

Maybe they'll grow beards until the release though.

Huh, I thought they all had beards in Gogo's pic? Or are you talking about the vid, 'Trust?

When I click on the U-Tube in the OP, it tells me it's a private video, and I cannot play it :(

When I click on the U-Tube in the OP, it tells me it's a private video, and I cannot play it :(

Sorry about that, found a new link for us...updated first post and this one here too

Click away ye mates!

:pirate:

gogo

• 1 month later...

The Silmarillion is all over the place, not a cohesive story, BUT well first off has anyone read it? It reads more like greek myth combined with legends yet tied together by Melkor (super sauron) and his continuous struggle against the elves. Such a movie would have beautiful visuals if you care for fantasy. Perhaps an animated movie or at least enhance the forms of the elven gods? Just a thought, but that could make a fantasy movie but have a difference from these other Tolkien movies to make it novel.

Still haven't seen a single traler here yet... noone has what I gots, and you can't buy it... an tarished, pre-view free head...I'll be squealing all through the movie!

eeeeeeeeeeee

:xmastree:

gogo

• 11 months later...

Managed to hold out, and not see a single trailer before watching this film. It was tough, and a lot of peeps sitting near me during early movies that had trailer peeks thought I was crazy as I made loud humming noises to drown out the sounds from the trailer ...but all worth it!

The costumes, hair design, editing...SPECIALLY the editing...I felt as if Peter Jackson had completely polished up his game, and a lot of the molasses moments from the early trilogy of The Ring were all banished!

In fact, when I was going to see this movie, I was caterwaulering with my friends all the way there, complaining and whining about how this whole movie was going to be about blatant exploitation, that such a tiny lamb of a book could not possibly hold enough content to keep me happy for three episodes of THREE HOURS EACH.

When the movie came to an end, I was shocked, and was asking... wh...what...three hours?already?

Lots of fun, I can't wait for the next two more episodes, and I had so many many favorite scenes in this movie!

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to hold out, and not see a single trailer before watching this film. It was tough, and a lot of peeps sitting near me during early movies that had trailer peeks thought I was crazy as I made loud humming noises to drown out the sounds from the trailer ...but all worth it!

The costumes, hair design, editing...SPECIALLY the editing...I felt as if Peter Jackson had completely polished up his game, and a lot of the molasses moments from the early trilogy of The Ring were all banished!

In fact, when I was going to see this movie, I was caterwaulering with my friends all the way there, complaining and whining about how this whole movie was going to be about blatant exploitation, that such a tiny lamb of a book could not possibly hold enough content to keep me happy for three episodes of THREE HOURS EACH.

When the movie came to an end, I was shocked, and was asking... wh...what...three hours?already?

Lots of fun, I can't wait for the next two more episodes, and I had so many many favorite scenes in this movie!

gogo

I hear you gogo.

went to watch it a while ago, was really excited, but I also wondered how they want to make 3 movies. I'm super psyched to see the next one and one after that.

Delta!

• Like! 1

Yes! I'm so very very impresssed with the editing skill used to make this first movie of the series, I hope it's magic makes it's way into the next two films....

I'm also very interested in seeing the version with the one billion frames per second which I hear is a doozy

jk

:lol:

gogo