Schot...........

Hi.

I am a little worried about our friend, Mr Schot.

I noticed that he hasn't posted for a while, and the last time he logged in was the 26th of December, which a long time for such a regular here.

Has anyone heard from him ? I think Gogo knows him in r/l or did I read that they met up for a meal or something ?

Hope he's ok.

Steve.

lol

He's here, but has been taking a good bit of time off because of bad back pains. A while back, they were overwhelming, and being at computer was especially overwhelming. When we're having problems and need work with techie stuff on the sites, Schot jumps in, but has to share his time with his real life work during winter, as he does work on other sites too.

I'll tell him he has been beckoned here, and he can post some more!

:)

gogo

Oh no, that's not good !

Send him my best wishes for a speedy recovery Gogo, and thankyou very much for the news...........albeit sad.

Steve.

EDIT :- Just a thought, Knuckles has a bad back too. Makes me wonder just how many suffer with this around the world ? A horrible thing to have, imho. You can see a cut, bruise, broken bone, but with something like a bad back, you don't get much sympathy, I'm afraid.

Edited by cider_steve

Very sad news indeed!

Schot, as a fellow friend who also has a back in question, I feel your pain. Since [3] winters ago, very bad fall while at work *black ice*, my back has never been the same. A constant pain, which never! goes silent.

I self medicate, so much so, I can become numb at times. *two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon*

Not much for prescribed pills. The red wine is the only solitude I can find, albeit for a short time. A cost is involved also, which dwells on several levels.

Ironic, while working in construction for just over [13] years building dream housing. The 'old timers' would always say, "son, be very careful. One day you will have a pinch in your lower back. Which will never go quite."

I never said much in return.

A few years later, after the epic fall, I find myself in the same position.

After [3] years of constant torment, I can honestly say...the pain never goes silent. A constant reminder that we all in time age. Once I felt invincible but, no longer!

Wish you a kind & gentle reminder of better times!

:drunkards:

I remain, Etherian

Very sad news indeed!

Schot, as a fellow friend who also has a back in question, I feel your pain. Since [3] winters ago, very bad fall while at work *black ice*, my back has never been the same. A constant pain, which never! goes silent.

I self medicate, so much so, I can become numb at times. *two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon*

Not much for prescribed pills. The red wine is the only solitude I can find, albeit for a short time. A cost is involved also, which dwells on several levels.

Ironic, while working in construction for just over [13] years building dream housing. The 'old timers' would always say, "son, be very careful. One day you will have a pinch in your lower back. Which will never go quite."

I never said much in return.

A few years later, after the epic fall, I find myself in the same position.

After [3] years of constant torment, I can honestly say...the pain never goes silent. A constant reminder that we all in time age. Once I felt invincible but, no longer!

Wish you a kind & gentle reminder of better times!

:drunkards:

I remain, Etherian

Sorry to hear of your troubles Etherian. And Schot too. I hope you have some days of relief.

I'm surprised, in this modern day and age, that so many have to suffer with back pain for so long. Surely the scientists/doctors/surgeons can come up with something to cure the ailment, or at least ease the suffering ?!

My sentiments to everyone involved, and hopefully you'll get better as soon as possible. Those backpains can be killer...

Steve: Haven't really dwelled into the medical stuff but guess that is one of the harder things, or perhaps most of the resources and interests are funneled into other things, like heart surgery, and such.

My sentiments to everyone involved, and hopefully you'll get better as soon as possible. Those backpains can be killer...

Steve: Haven't really dwelled into the medical stuff but guess that is one of the harder things, or perhaps most of the resources and interests are funneled into other things, like heart surgery, and such.

Brain, heart and such like surgery has come on a very long way over the last few decades, but back problems seem to be stuck in the dark ages. I understand that there are limited resources and that they need to prioritise, but surely they could bring through a few experts in back/spine problems ?

I'm surprised, in this modern day and age, that so many have to suffer with back pain for so long. Surely the scientists/doctors/surgeons can come up with something to cure the ailment, or at least ease the suffering ?!

They have! Take a pint of cider every hour on the hour and I guarantee the pain will lessen considerably, and be much more bearable. :pitcher:

They have! Take a pint of cider every hour on the hour and I guarantee the pain will lessen considerably, and be much more bearable. :pitcher:

It's a nice idea Podgie mate, but a bit short term.

The next morning you wake up and you still have your bad back, but with the added bonus of a hangover ! :drunkards:

The next morning you wake up and you still have your bad back, but with the added bonus of a hangover ! :drunkards:

So take another pint of cider every hour ............ :4rofl:

So take another pint of cider every hour ............ :4rofl:

I tried that, but I kept spilling my pint whilst driving ! :whistle:

lol, that's what cup holders are for! :D

Heeeey gang. Thanx so much for your concern cider and all. Gives me warm fuzzies! I'll eventually write a little story about this dreaded experience of mine once my pain is in check but for now I'll just say that I'm going through a bad bout of cervical degeneration+bad posture+referred pain all over. Mostly my neck and shoulders are messed up very likely from intensive computer use over the past 3 years. Boy have I learned a lot and boy am I ever paying the price now.

I'm confident I'll finally get this under control but for now I've got a lot of therapy to do. Most of it being self treatment since I can't/don't want to afford $100/hour pro treatment. So many Physio's are quacks...

I really really miss everyone here and all the amazing things we've done. I'm so eager to get new and innovative projects underway. Like a new skin! But I gotta get better first. I can feel I'm making progress though so that's great news. Some days it feels like it will never end but if I'm anything I AM persistent and I refuse to be bogged down by pain. So much so I got funny looks today when I asked for copies of my x-rays.... Look! It's skele-me! lol

Doc says me bones are a ok. Good news!

xray1.jpg xray2.jpg

'hope you recover soon! I've also gotta constantly remind myself to get up from behind the pc and do some stretching exercises otherwise my lower back takes a ton of strain and I get headaches.

Great to hear from ya Schot my friend and I wish you a speedy recovery. We sure do miss you here, but yer health comes first.

Oh, btw, eat something for goodness sake, you are just skin and bone ! :agreed:

Hope to hear more soon.

Steve.

Glad yer feeling better Schot, nice avatar!

:D

gogo

Haha, good spot Gogo. I didn't notice earlier. Hilarious................although it is at Schot's expense, so I better not laugh too laudly............oh, go on then, hehehe ! :4rofl: