At every end ...... there is a NEW beginning

Both days would probably be a good idea, allow more people to get in on the action. Late afternoon here in North America would be the evening in Europe. I am not sure how formal we want this to be. I have never been in on anything like this. I'd be happy to be head cheerleader but I'm going to need advice on what needs to be done.

I can help you if you want... read the PMs.

In my opinion we could make a tournament in closed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm away for a day or two and come back to this? It's a shame really, although I havent really been active for a while there was a brief stint recently before I got sucked into Amalur.

I would potentially be up for a catch up final fling, but with uni having started I may be short on time. I'll definitely try be there if you guys organise something though.

But hey, perhaps this means things are finally going to happen for Sacred 3!

But hey, perhaps this means things are finally going to happen for Sacred 3!

I have thought for a while that Sacred 2 Closed would be around until shortly before S3 was released. Even if they are shutting it down early due to budgetary or technical issues, maybe this will at least prompt them to release something more than the "hang in there" messages, which is all we have heard in going on two years.

I must say I'm pretty suprised no one posted any plans on how the event should be organized.

I've been preparing some plans in my mind this evening, and I tried to integrate most people's ideas/suggestions in order to reach as many people possible.

Here are some rough plans that can be modified when other suggestions/requests will be posted. This post will be the central post for the event and will contain all the information needed for the event. When the information will be set in stone, a new topic will be created in the Sacred 2 Events section.

The event (let's call it "Kamikaze Ultimate Weekend", to preserve the event tradition) will happen on Saturday, March 24th and Sunday, March 25th.

Concerning the hours, I still have to check out with our mates in Australia (I'm poking Dragon Brother right now) for their participation in the event.

On both days, the event would start at 8am GMT (so 7pm in Australia, 9am in Paris, and 2am in Montreal) and would end at 2am GMT (so 1pm in Australia, 3am in Paris, and 10pm in Montreal).

There will be at least 2 game servers (more could be added if more than 30 players attend the event).

The servers would be named : DarkMatters KUW #1, DarkMatters KUW # 2, etc.

Each server will be run by 2-3 different "game hosts" which will relay during the event. By game hosts, I mean someone who will manage what happens in the server (where players go play, etc.), and will also play from time to time.

A special sheet will be created for the game hosts to note the player names, their levels and where they play in the game world (to make sure no one gets killed uselessly). Special stories can be also written on this sheet and will be shared after the end of the event. Players can also make their own stories and share them.

-----------------------

I invite you to post suggestions/request for these plans and say if you are going to participate.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

We are working on it. I am hoping to hear back from gogo anytime.

I'll make it a point to be there & help in anyway I can.

When you said, "the golden age of Sacred 2 was over", I knew in my stomach something was not right in the world!

I remain, Etherian

Sorry Etherian, I figured you knew already or I would have explained further.

Embarrased to say, but no I did not know @ the time. I tend to get lost in Ancaria for days on end. Sometimes those days turn into weeks.

I am still very much put down about the entire ordeal. Playing 10 years straight of Diablo 2 with no issue's at all. Following the game through many patches. Honestly, I thought the same would transpire here with Sacred 2 H/C.

Who would have thought?

I remain, Etherian

Really kinda sad to hear about this... After all, the closed was starting to reactivete on a nice phase...

Hopefully we'll hear something S3 related things as compensation, really hope so..

It breaks my heart.

Sacred 2 HC closed net, with all the flaws for game crashes, not being able to target rats consistently, completely inaccurate sigma readings, et al, has been the best game experience I've ever had.

*shrug*

Well, we all move on at some point I guess.

Allows me to make some builds w community patch.

Can someone who knows about it extensively make a thread on Tungle? Or what ever that place is we can still do multiplayer?

Peops have talked about it in general, but that's all I've heard

Blood Hunter offered to post his Tunngle guide but is afraid it may be a taboo topic. I for one do not know enough about Tunngle to make that judgement.

Personally, I am in a wait-and-see mode regarding MP options. I do not realistically expect Open Net to survive, but I am still going to wait and see.

This could be promising. Lujate I've just sent Blood Hunter a Pm so that we can look over the options for this. Perhaps there is possibilities!

::cow_white:

gogo

This is sad indeed :(

Have they mentioned anything about the online activation future of Sacred 2? I hope the activation servers aren't going to be shut down without removing the DRM...

The latest info posted on SIF late last week indicated the activation servers were not going away.

Well I eventually paid attention to that annoying thing in the lobby and it turns out the Sacred CloseNet is closing in a few weeks. Most likely this is the end of the Sacred Universe as we know it. I have played since Sacred 1/UW and Sacred 2. I bought 2 accounts so me and my GF could enjoy playing together this game. I would most definetely buy a Sacred 3 game but I don't see it happening.

I will try to be online at 24 and 25/03 to give my final goodbye to the players and as a tribute to the game itself. This is a VERY sad day for me :(

Edited by vagsk

I cannot help but wonder if the Sacred we all love did not come to an end when Ascaron went under. Kind of like a star that goes nova. It is dead and gone yet we continue to see its light. It just takes a while for the light to fade to nothing.

Call me naive but I think we will see an S3. It will not be "Sacred" but hopefully there will be enough elements of Sacred that I can delude myself into thinking it is the real thing.

Is there nothing we can do as a collective unit?

I mean really. Can we not host our very own servers?

Lobby & the entire universe?

If money is the issue, PM me personally. Serious intent only!

Even if my wife will not allow me to pay for the whole ordeal. I am sure enough of us can come together for the cause of all involved!

Money talks & the rest walks. The powers that be know this very well, or they would not be shutting us down completely!

In doing so, we not only voice our firm opinion, but send shockwaves throughout the entire corporation. Sounding our intentions with our very own pockets, is the only way I see us having a very powerful voice!

As collective unit... :viking:

I remain, :blowup:

If I was to pay for an servers then to be honest, servers for Sacred 1 would be better money spent :whistle:

Looking at the last year, very few of us have played Sacred 2 online and the servers are dead. We are only starting to miss them now we know they are going :(

Etherian, I am afraid the answer is no. The question was asked, (either here or at SIF) and it was explained that Deep Silver licenses the lobby software from a 3rd party and would not be able to allow anyone to run their own lobby. I am hanging my hopes on Tunngle.

Sux a bout the third party providing the license. Perhaps, noone has asked them nicely a bout this? Anyone know who the lobby software is being licensed from?

:)

gogo

gogo, here is what I know:

Correct lujate, you need a lobby where the servers are registered and the gamer can join it. But without a lobby server you have no chance to find the servers. Or a user made a lobby software, but I think this chance is small to make a lobby software for sacred 2 and host it.

The lobby at the monent is not open source and koch media will not give any users this software to host it. The problem is that the lobby software have middleware and is not allowed to give it to the users. It's the same like the source code from sacred 2.

Only way to play in the future is to use tools like hamachi.

But we must wait which servers will be shut down. My personal opinion that the closed net servers will be shut down and the lobby too. But I hope the lobby will be alive.