The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Will the CM-Patch work in Open net?

If so, what does it take to host a successful open net server?

We might be able to get a cool CM freeplay session going.

Yes, OpenNet is possible. Just tried it.

All players must have the same version of sacred2 installed (2.65.1 vs. 2.65.2) and the same version of the cm-patch. The same goes for lan-sessions.

Ohh and nice little detail on the few corpses that lay about, we can now click on them and receive loot. Very nice little detail, adds nice bit of flavor.

That's new to me... :Just_Cuz_21:

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
Ohh and nice little detail on the few corpses that lay about, we can now click on them and receive loot. Very nice little detail, adds nice bit of flavor.

Yeah, to me too. Can you tell us where you found these bodies? Did you check if they were clickable before, anyway?

On the "sparkles": Is the kind of "flash" meant, that goes over clickable barrels and chests sometimes to make them stand out a bit?

Edited by czevak

Yeah, to me too. Can you tell us where you found these bodies? Did you check if they were clickable before, anyway?

On the "sparkles": Is the kind of "flash" meant, that goes over clickable barrels and chests sometimes to make them stand out a bit?

Not really no, it's the ones on the ground, in amongst the tree edges, or in the grass etc. Barrels and chests I can see easy enough it's just the ones one the ground that I have trouble seeing.

Edited by devon
Not really no, it's the ones on the ground, in amongst the tree edges, or in the grass etc. Barrels and chests I can see easy enough it's just the ones one the ground that I have trouble seeing.

You mean the magic hiding places that only light up once in a while?

CU Marcus

The one that I am referring to is the dead bear near the beginning of the Crystal Plains it has a block of ice around its head. Pretty sure its close to the first monolith there. You need to bust a few crystals to get to it. With out the CM Patch I have always been able to hover my cursor over these bodies and the unlock symbol shows up but have never been able to "open". I will go around to the few others that I remember and see if they open also.

The one that I am referring to is the dead bear near the beginning of the Crystal Plains it has a block of ice around its head.

Do you mean this bear? Nothing happens there...

sacred22010072417050414.th.jpg

In front of him and behind him is one small crystal storage which you can open, but nothing on the bear directly.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

I just repeated the process again. On free play I accepted the first quest. Hit the Monolith, then went up the path to the area of the bear. Killed all in sight, destroyed the crystals, checked that there was nothing on the ground to loot, I hovered my cursor over the bear and it acted like a chest with the open lock symbol. I clicked it and it dropped me gold and an undead potion.

I do have my drops, cash, and experience boosted in my balance.txt if that is what is making a difference.

CU Marcus

Yes those are the ones, usually in the grass or somewhere like that. With my eyes like they are it's hard for me to spot them, and I miss them quite often.

CU Marcus

Yes those are the ones, usually in the grass or somewhere like that. With my eyes like they are it's hard for me to spot them, and I miss them quite often.

I feel for you devon, my eys are good and I really have to be on the lookout for those or I miss them too. they really are meant to be hidden and found by accident I think

CU Marcus

I feel for you devon, my eys are good and I really have to be on the lookout for those or I miss them too. they really are meant to be hidden and found by accident I think

food for the wiki ;) Someone should make a list of where exactly they are :yay:

CU Marcus

food for the wiki :blush: Someone should make a list of where exactly they are :)

You know I have tried to memorize the location of a few of them, and I don't find them every time through. Example it the Temple above the waterfall in the Orc region. After going through the cave on "Troll Hill" to the temple you can cross the bridge to the observation deck above the falls. Sometimes out at the end to the deck I get a hidden treasure (one time is was a set piece). But it doesn't spawn every time I visit that spot.

So do you think that all the "hidden" spots are set in location, and they will only twinkle for us when our "magic find" is at a high enough level and of course the "roll of the dice" for that day/server/created toon?

food for the wiki :o Someone should make a list of where exactly they are :P

Well then, these are 2570 places to describe... :)

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Has anyone tried the Medallion of wrath quest on latest patch? I did it today on Light campaign and it was all wrong, instead of the archer following me to the cave behind the forest guardian, she just vanished until the point where I opened the grave in the cave, then she reappeared but I haven't had to kill any pirates in the cave, Pretty sure you had to, it was full of spiders instead, Quest shows as complete but she is following me around now with no quest showing in her health bar.

Also. if you do all the quests on Dryad island, you get a weird circle showing in middle of ocean off coast. Glad I know its not a quest as unless the cave under the island extends this far, it would be hard to reach.

longswimcr.jpg

food for the wiki :devil: Someone should make a list of where exactly they are :hugs:

hahahah

well, if they are static...why not. There's no real deadline on a wiki...it's a hobby that you just add stuff to as time goes by. Schot is redoing his sacredwiki map technology... with "levels' we're going to be able to create unlimited levels of maps each with different filters....so why not... why not mark x the spot for all the places.

Wait...diablo 3's coming out

:P

gogo

p.s

And again, my own thanks to the devs for all this work, this time, this devotion. For a game that's supposed to be something should have passed us back a while ago... it looks like player interest and an bustling community is enough to keep something as loved as this going. Thank you marcuswob and czevak :)

Has anyone tried the Medallion of wrath quest on latest patch? I did it today on Light campaign and it was all wrong, instead of the archer following me to the cave behind the forest guardian, she just vanished until the point where I opened the grave in the cave, then she reappeared but I haven't had to kill any pirates in the cave, Pretty sure you had to, it was full of spiders instead, Quest shows as complete but she is following me around now with no quest showing in her health bar.

I need a savegame to find and fix this. The description is nice, but all names are different, so it's difficult for me to find it in the german version.

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=191

Also. if you do all the quests on Dryad island, you get a weird circle showing in middle of ocean off coast. Glad I know its not a quest as unless the cave under the island extends this far, it would be hard to reach.

This shold be one of the not-anymore "silent" sidequests. I'm trying to put them all together showing one and the same target (HYPNOTOAD) and hiding this somewhere on the map where nobody looks at...

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

The quest resolved itself once I got into wilderness, the guide didn't survive the 1st cave and I received the second part of the quest chain. Seems if I had let her die instead of trying to save her, I wouldn't have made this post.

Next time I get to this stage, I will save my game as I forgot to take into account different names.

Also, the circle might be a new side quest? I hadn't thought of that, as after 2 years playing same game, I was under impression I had found them all, I forgot you added more.

First THANKS for this Patch :o

I have a question...

When my friend and I play, sometimes the Inventory gets stuck, I mean you see/sell/pick up(ground)/drop (ground) but cannot MOVE any item...

This Inventory Bug is in the original Sacred 2 and Sacred 2 Gold...

We have to Save and Quit then re-join just to start moving our stuff around...

This RUINS game play for us and the main Quest gets broken so we have to start all over again...

I do believe its caused by full Inventory, or LAG in the internet... We both have 100Mbits and sometimes get LAG...This never happens on any other game but Sacred... :evil:

Is the Bug fixed in this Patch :)

About the Secret stuff you have to have "Enhanced Perception" to see around the place flashing little light, you can hear a sound when your char sees the secret...

Sorta like a weak high pitched magical "ping", thats if you have good hearing... Maybe its possible to raise the volume up high on this Wave sound file so you hear it loud an clear... :)

The Secrets are not really random, they are static and are "randomly" turned on, this is why you can see them sometimes in the same places...

4)Here is a good one. When I was in the Human Outpost in the dragon tunnels I had activated the monolith there. Shut game off and when I came back in I appeared at the latest Monolith as is supposed to happen but my mounts are there with me. I was able to hop on my Hound and run about the Human Settlement. Scared the residents and nocking all the beer over. That cost me a few gold pieces to replace. Imported beer is expensive. But I'm forgiven, Gulden Draak will always help calm them down.

I think I've had this issue as well. Whenever I quit the game with a monolith activated 'inside', I.e. an area where you are not supposed to be able to use your mount, think of underground/building maps, my mount will be there when re-entering the game... Nothing back, only makes the game go faster :evil:...

Great patch though!

When my friend and I play, sometimes the Inventory gets stuck, I mean you see/sell/pick up(ground)/drop (ground) but cannot MOVE any item...

This Inventory Bug is in the original Sacred 2 and Sacred 2 Gold...

We have to Save and Quit then re-join just to start moving our stuff around...

This RUINS game play for us and the main Quest gets broken so we have to start all over again...

I do believe its caused by full Inventory, or LAG in the internet... We both have 100Mbits and sometimes get LAG...This never happens on any other game but Sacred... :evil:

Is the Bug fixed in this Patch ?

No.

This is not a patch of the program itself, but of scripts, descriptions and other data around it.

I think I've had this issue as well. Whenever I quit the game with a monolith activated 'inside', I.e. an area where you are not supposed to be able to use your mount, think of underground/building maps, my mount will be there when re-entering the game...

But you should avoid using the mount inside caves too much. Especially the exits/entrances won't work correctly.

By the way:

I'm looking for some scifi-related quests in Sacred 2 outside the humans' and high elf area. There should be some kind of hint to any kind of scifi series, films, novels etc.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

@marcuswob...

Ahhh, OK, thanks for the info...

I guess we will have to live with it...

Also is there a Quick way through the Main Quests so we can fight bosses before the game has its Glitches :)

Playing Campaign is the only way to get the Bosses ingame...

Thanks for a great add on :thumbsup:...

Edited by NecroViolator
Also is there a Quick way through the Main Quests so we can fight bosses before the game has its Glitches ?

Playing Campaign is the only way to get the Bosses ingame...

Well, yes and no. There is a quick way using an exploit, but I won't sell it to anyone. I even removed this from the game with the cm patch, because it can cause a lot of trouble.

The best way should be:

Before you start trading, save and quit your game session, reload it and trade on the multiplayer island. Save, quit and reload again before you continue your journey. You don't need to shutdown sacred2, just log off from and on to closednet again to force the gameserver to save.

CU Marcus