The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

I would like to edit the character's chest, I wanted to change the character's chest and not the shared add several pages more or less a 5, type the inventory of commercial type

[Chest 1] [Chest 2] [Chest 3] [Chest 4] [shared Chest]

I have no idea how to do, I reviewed all the files and not found any reference so the chest

Edited by drsleo

@drsleo:

Please don't mistake our bugtracker for another bulletin board.

I think TSFF19 means Sacred 2 Fallen Angel without the expansion.

Not now, sorry. This would mean to reproduce all work on another version, as far as it's possible. We're focused on Sacred2 with addon. If someone takes the task to re-do all the changes to version 2.43.0, we'll assist as far as possible, but we can't handle both versions at the same time.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Would it be possible to add a target nearest enemy button? I use a controller and it makes it difficult to target single mob. I usually have to waste the first part of a combo with an Area of Effect. Your work is great and appreciated. I really wish Deep Silver would put your superior version on closed. net. Thanks

Would it be possible to add a target nearest enemy button? I use a controller and it makes it difficult to target single mob. I usually have to waste the first part of a combo with an Area of Effect.

I don't think so, but I'll give it a try and post it in our bugtracker: http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=202

CU Marcus

I'm sorry in advance if this ends up sounding like I am only bitching or whining. I've been playing Sacred 2 on and off since the day it first got released on Steam. Love the game to death, and just like the Fall From Heaven mods for Civ 4, its one I keep coming back to over and over. When I first heard about the Ice and Blood expansion, I knew I had to have it but couldn't find it anywhere. There were rumors of a Steam version, but those never panned out. Then I heard of your wonderful CM patch and the fire got lit again. I finally found the online downloadable Sacred 2 Gold from (gogamer was it? Can't remember for sure) and scraped together the money for that.

The Ice and Blood expansion is very good and your CM patch on top is just awesome sauce. The touble for me is this: I had to uninstall the Steam files to be safe when installing the Ice and Blood, but when the Ice and Blood runs on my machine the load times are ATROCIOUS, especially when I try to Alt Tab out to do some research online. My machine is pretty good and definitely shouldn't be causing any slowdowns, and then once loaded and into the game it seems to run more smoothly than the classic Fallen Angel. I am still running XP 32 Service pack 3, mostly because it works great and the Win7 costs money. Am I alone with the extreme load times? I've searched these forums and others and have found no mention of this issue anywhere. It is simply too frustrating sitting watching a half-loaded hint screen for a minute or two when I should be making things die.

So I recently (for some crazy reason) thought it might be better to go back to classic Fallen Angel. I didn't think it through, didn't realize I would be losing more than just the Dragon Mage and the two new areas. Now I am frustrated that there is no compromise between the two. Why can't I have the smoother gameplay without the damn waiting? Why can't I have all those other great perks like the teleporting from anywhere to any stone or portal, the cool new weapons and skins?

So now I am hoping that maybe I did something wrong when I installed the Gold. Would it work better if I maybe wiped out all registry mentions of Sacred2/Ascaron/DeepSilver before installing? Is there some way to get the Ice and Blood (and your fantastic CM patch) without the recockulous load times?

Edited by Squelch
one question does it fix the corrupted save game problem..

or does anyone have any tips or tricks to stop your carecters being corrupted?

No. It's the same as before: Backup your chars from time to time.

I had to uninstall the Steam files to be safe when installing the Ice and Blood, but when the Ice and Blood runs on my machine the load times are ATROCIOUS, especially when I try to Alt Tab out to do some research online. My machine is pretty good and definitely shouldn't be causing any slowdowns, and then once loaded and into the game it seems to run more smoothly than the classic Fallen Angel. I am still running XP 32 Service pack 3, mostly because it works great and the Win7 costs money. Am I alone with the extreme load times? I've searched these forums and others and have found no mention of this issue anywhere. It is simply too frustrating sitting watching a half-loaded hint screen for a minute or two when I should be making things die.

That's new to me, never heard of something like this. In fact, I run two versions of Sacred 2 with Addon on Win7 and XP machines and never encountered such problems. I often have to switch to the browser or my email, but never had slowdowns. Perhaps you should try the windowed mode (options -> graphics).

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
I had to uninstall the Steam files to be safe when installing the Ice and Blood, but when the Ice and Blood runs on my machine the load times are ATROCIOUS, especially when I try to Alt Tab out to do some research online. My machine is pretty good and definitely shouldn't be causing any slowdowns, and then once loaded and into the game it seems to run more smoothly than the classic Fallen Angel. I am still running XP 32 Service pack 3, mostly because it works great and the Win7 costs money. Am I alone with the extreme load times? I've searched these forums and others and have found no mention of this issue anywhere. It is simply too frustrating sitting watching a half-loaded hint screen for a minute or two when I should be making things die.

That's new to me, never heard of something like this. In fact, I run two versions of Sacred 2 with Addon on Win7 and XP machines and never encountered such problems. I often have to switch to the browser or my email, but never had slowdowns. Perhaps you should try the windowed mode (options -> graphics).

CU Marcus

I can confirm this, marcus. There is a long time load until you are able to see anything than a black screen after alt tabbing out and back into a full window instance of Sacred 2 Ice and Blood. The console reports someting like: InputWrapper: unable to acquire device...

This does not happen in windowed mode however, and you are able to see the lost loadingscreens again in windowed mode.

Edited by czevak

I have XP SP3 and have the retail version of Ice and Blood installed.

I also have the community patch installed for my singleplayer games.

I have noticed an increase in some load times such as when teleporting but I'm only talking a few seconds here.

Alt/Tab does not effect the load time at all and I only play in fullscreen.

Perhaps you have a mod installed that is affecting things?

I use schots camera mod and that can have a slight effect in load times if you are maxed out with the zoom level but nothing like you have posted about.

It wouldn't hurt to uninstall/deactivate the game again, then do a full registry clean.

Then reinstall/activate again.

Make sure all unnecessary background programs are turned off and also check what programs are actually starting themselves up when you start windoze by using the windoze Task Manager.

If your pc is within the recommended specs I think there must be another reason causing the slowdown and not the community patch.

I think he really wasn't talking about loadtimes ingame, but the time it needs to display again after tabbing out and back in again.

This takes in fullscreen mode incredibly long.

(It may be different from machine to machine depending on the graphics adapter.)

I think he really wasn't talking about loadtimes ingame, but the time it needs to display again after tabbing out and back in again.

This takes in fullscreen mode incredibly long.

(It may be different from machine to machine depending on the graphics adapter.)

I did mention that Alt/Tab in my case did not cause any loadtime on my pc at all. :yay:

The fact that he is only experiencing this now after uninstalling the steam version and reinstalling a download version, suggests to me there could be a problem with the installation.

I agree there could well be a graphics adaptor problem (as well as a dozen other possible hardware problems).

I still think a complete uninstall and registry clean could be of benefit, and at the very least it gives us a good starting base with which to start the long agonising process of trying to fix the problem. :)

Hey guy, thanks for all this attention!

I am sorry to say that I never thought to try windowed mode. I have been PC gaming for over 30 years and that just always seemed like it would take away from the experience, so I have never really messed with it at all. To be more specific on the issue I was having, Yes, it was mostly with the Alt-Tab. Whenever I would Alt-Tab out of the game, usually to review one of your fine builds, when I tried to get back in one of those "hint screens" would try to load. It would get to about a quarter or a third of the way down the screen and then hang there for a very long time. This same exact thing would happen every time the game started as well, though. The first time the gameworld had to load on each start would go just like this. For graphics, my PC (which I built myself and that could very likely be a big part of the problem) is using two GForce 8800 GT's in SLI mode with the PhysX crap disabled in the NVidia control panel. Could this be an SLI issue? I don't remember ever reading anything in the forums either god or bad regarding Sacred2 in SLI. NVidia 197.45 driver. Do you guys recommend something other than RegCleaner for cleaning the registry?

I can confirm this, marcus. There is a long time load until you are able to see anything than a black screen after alt tabbing out and back into a full window instance of Sacred 2 Ice and Blood. The console reports someting like: InputWrapper: unable to acquire device...

This does not happen in windowed mode however, and you are able to see the lost loadingscreens again in windowed mode.

Hmm, on my Win7-PC I'm running sacred2 in fullscreen mode, but haven't seen this yet...

But the error message "unable to acquire device" points in this direction:

In fullscreen mode the game wants to get complete control of keyboard and mouse, but not in windowed mode. So when switching to the desktop and back into the game the control of keyboard and mouse is given from sacred2 to windows and back. This hangling seems to fail sometimes an can be avoided by using the windowed mode.

For graphics, my PC (which I built myself and that could very likely be a big part of the problem) is using two GForce 8800 GT's in SLI mode with the PhysX crap disabled in the NVidia control panel. Could this be an SLI issue? I don't remember ever reading anything in the forums either god or bad regarding Sacred2 in SLI.

Yes, that may be a problem as well. There is no SLI profile for sacred2 (as far as I know) and sacred2 itself has no built-in support for sli.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

I use a combination of both of these:

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner AND CCleaner. One picks up what the other one misses......

Cheers

Ray

Also like to hand out a big thank you to czevak and marcuswob for all their efforts in producing this excellent Mod. There are a few minor niggles but nothing play breaking at the moment, and I will get round to reporting them if they interfere with play, but in the meantime...

Herzlichen Dank meine Herren! Mach weiter so...

Is there anyway to know what version of the Community Patch I currently have installed?

Version Info should be displayed in a tooltip if you hover your mouse over your cm-enable- or cm-disable.exe.

Okay guys, here's the bad news: I tried the Windowed Mode and it made no difference except to add a distracting blue border around my screen.

But the good news is: I am pretty sure its fixed. I am not certain which of the changes straightened things out, but my first guess would be turning off the Hardware Mouse Cursor. I also turned off the UI Scaling and made a number of changes to my other graphics settings. I am still fairly sure that it was always a graphics issue, but since I don't have the patience to do things in an orderly, scientific manner we will likely never know. The reason that I still think it is a graphics issue is that while making the various changes to my graphics settings, the game would again hang like before while it reset after clicking Accept. Another thing I should probably note for you here is that I have noticed now that if I pause the game before I Alt-Tab out, the transition both out and back in is much much smoother. The only thing left to do now is to tweak the graphics settings some more until the framerate settles down. Honestly, thank you all for all the help and know that my game is once more playable! Now if I could just get my daughter to let me have some time with it....

Edited by Squelch
I also turned off the UI Scaling and....

I can confirm, turning of UI-scaling greatly improves the loadtimes after a tab-out. However it is difficult targeting checkboxes and sliders with this, since I got a widescreen display and the mouse is then not where the cursor appears. Inputmager error also still gets written into the console.

• 3 weeks later...

CM-Patch Version 0090 has entered internal testing rounds. We estimate a "Release to Masses" to hit at least on October 11th.

Stay tuned. :bounce:

CM-Patch Version 0090 has entered internal testing rounds. We estimate a "Release to Masses" to hit at least on October 11th.

Stay tuned. :evil:

Great news for the masses czevak.

Thank You!

I remain, :bounce:

~p.s.~ New Content as well with the 0090 release?

Hey guys, im not sure if this is the place to post a bug, but its really annoying me

I recently installed the cm patch, enjoyed it thouroughly, but then soon came to find that the dragon mage skill "Eternal Fire" no longer works correctly

Not sure whether this has already been adressed or not, but instead of working correctly the skill now deals all the damage in one hit instead of overtime, then cancels and fails to jump to other enemies.

Its the only problem ive found so far so I would be really thankful if I could get fixed.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work

Hey guys, im not sure if this is the place to post a bug, but its really annoying me

I recently installed the cm patch, enjoyed it thouroughly, but then soon came to find that the dragon mage skill "Eternal Fire" no longer works correctly

Not sure whether this has already been adressed or not, but instead of working correctly the skill now deals all the damage in one hit instead of overtime, then cancels and fails to jump to other enemies.

Its the only problem ive found so far so I would be really thankful if I could get fixed.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work

We did that to suppress an exploit of the CA. The solution we found is not perfect yet and we plan to improve this issue again for one of the coming releases.

@Etherian: Not exactly "new" as such. But we revised the blades according to the poll some time ago. Size related base attributes, Katanas are now named correctly, Lightsabers are Willpower based now and can now drop regularly (Random Uniques from Bosses) and there is a Random Epic Lightsaber as reward for a very taxing quest series.

Once you pick up one yourself you will notice a little something extra has been added for the right atmo. :viking:

You will read the rest in the patchnotes. :sigh: