Saturday Night Fights

Been thinking on this a bit. I'd like to get a group of 4 of us to play, say Saturday or Sunday night. weekdays are hard for me to guarantee any night I'll be available due to work. Everyone with a different toon (preferably, not required) and only play these toons when everyone was available. would be nice to get all the co-op achieves and just having fun running the whole storyline with friends.

We could use this thread to discuss strategy and skill selection. I may have a skill that synergizes with someone else's skill.

I don't really have any concrete ideas on how it'll go. But I'd like one person per gaming session to be named the 'Leader' for the night. He would be in charge of leading group through game. This way we don't have 2 people go down one hallway and other 2 head in another direction all the time.

I'm up for just about anything...just let me know if you're interested....this will be in HC btw :P

I talked to you in game about this and I think it is a fabulous idea. Diablo 3 was certainly made with a party in mind and to connect with other players. Also the idea of not playing same characters really should spice up the combat art usage, but not necessary. I'm certainly in, hopefully more will follow :)

I will probably not be staying up way late on the weekends because of my job. But I would love to get in on this. Any ideas what kind of a time slot you are thinking of? North American servers? This does sound like a lot of fun!

As long as Saturday is good for you I can work on times...no reason not to start in the afternoon. Just want to be able to get 3-4 hours of time...Sundays are fine for me until football season comes up...then no way I'm playing D3 when my Patriots are. I may have to miss or push back the time for a few Saturdays. My work is pretty crazy and do alot of weekend work. Would be cool if we could get 2-3 groups going. Maybe somehow have a friendly competition between them. Fastest boss kill, highest kill streak etc...

Once again, all ideas that I like. Just a couple of suggestions from my end:

1. Not everyone might be able to play for 3 to 4 hours at a time due to kids, family, etc. Perhaps we make it from 1-2 hours instead? Might make groups more accessible. Or maybe have a 3-4 hour group and a 1-2 hour group? Plenty of options.

2. Friendly competition sounds like a blast! Timed boss kills and streaks are all good, although I suppose we also have to find a balance between safe and dead HC characters :viking:

3. (This one is meh) Maybe if two people are absent the outing is cancelled, but what about 3 people present? I know I for one might end up being that one missing guy from time to time, and don't want to hold up the progress of the group. Maybe if 75% attendance, the group goes on ahead as planned, but then when the missing player comes back EVERYONE goes back to where that last player left off. Kinda like no man left behind, although you can always just not do the sessions unless 100% of people are there.

Hehe so excited for these games to start :ninja:

The actual playing time will really be up to the players...but I would like to be able to devote at least a couple hours each session. And depending on availability it could even be more than once a week. Really just depends on what everyone has for free time.

If one person is missing then I guess it will be a group call. Once the group is formed we can discuss how we want to handle this. I want this to be fun and not bogged down with rules but we will need a few to make this work smoothly. I would say we set this before we start playing, what we do if 1 person is missing vs 2 players. And how we make sure everyone remains a part of the storyline/accomplishments. As was mentioned, real life has a way of ruining the best laid plans. I could easily miss a session due to work or my daughter and would hate to miss out on a co-op boss fight.

Another big question is what do we do if someone dies?

As far as times I'm available.

Weekdays are hit or miss...sometimes not around til after 9pm (EST)

Saturdays (if I'm not working) any time is good

Sundays - Available all day (until football season starts)

I'll usually have a least couple days notice if I'm working Saturday. Weekdays, just depends on how that day is going. I could be working late with no real way to let anyone know.

@ lujate....I'm pretty sure we can get a couple HC groups going...probably even a couple SC ones. I'll only be able to 'run' one group. So once this is full someone else will need to coordinate the next group.

Okay, I'm up for this.

My main problem would be times due to me being in the upside down land.

Though if you guys were playing at around 7pm+ Fri or Sat night PDT you could usually count me in as that is around midday here.

I would prefer to do it in HC though.

A weekend shift/run sounds really good. I was wondering about running a new toon now as a side project for morale support if my latest toon dies.

:)

gogo

Well I am definitely off this Saturday, so I would like to get this rolling :)

I'd like to start at either 1pm or 2pm (EST). Hopefully we can keep this time consistent throughout. Several of you have expressed interest so as much as I hate to do this, first 3 that sign up, get into first group. Remember this will be every Saturday unless we all agree on another time that is better. So you need to be relatively sure you have this time available on a weekly basis. Again I would prefer each member has a different character, but not required. (First 30 mins or so will be to discuss a few group rules/suggestions once in-game just so we have no confusion)

So here goes:

Group 1 (HC)

1) Knuckles - Monk

2)

3)

4)

Group 2

If one of the teams come up a man short, I will fill the slot. I am not as pysched about D3 as you guys, so I do not want to take a slot from someone who really wants one. And, I am unavailable the next two Saturdays.

I really want to do this, but I know that I am commited to a couple of weekend things in the upcoming weeks. I am off this weekend, but in a couple of weeks I would not be able to make it. If you need someone as a "temp" for some of the weekends it would be a lot of fun. But I would feel bad about upcoming weekends when real life stuff gets in the way. Let me know.

Zodiac...you're in :)

If you have family commitments coming up...is there any other time during the weekend that possibly works for you? Again it doesn't have to be Saturday at 2 every week. We can adjust based on the availability of the group. Maybe some weeks we can play 2-3 times and others none. I just need 4 peeps that are willing to give it a go.

I'm going to say let's start at 2pm today. I'll Start a new server and you'll see me in there with a level 1 Monk or Barb (might give the Barb another go). Whomever is interested just come on in. we'll go over some stuff and then head out.

Excellent! So cool of you Knuckles! You are on the East Coast time zone I take it. So hopefully I will see you in the game a about a 1/2 hour. Just email a friend request at SuperVideoFan at yahoo.com Looking forward to the game. :D

Just took a quick break for dinner and now heading back

Me, Zodiac and Flooxim have made it past to the drowned Temple and are level 12. Should be ready to start playing very soon and still one opening :D

well a couple hours turned into several as Flooxim, Zodiac and I terrorized the resident demons throughout Act I and into Act II. We're currently at level 18 on The Road to Alcarnus Quest. Gogo and Schot made cameos but don't really have a definite 4th set for the group. we're trying to plan out a little playing time tomorrow pm so if anyone has a character around our level we'd love for you to join us

The pic below.....Zodiac's monk on the left, Flooxim's witch doctor on right and the big ugly fellow in the middle is me. None of us even came close to dying. Even the Butcher was a piece of cake.

3-caballeros.jpg

Knuckles, thanks for putting all the time into this! I was out for most of the afternoon (watched battleship :bounce:) and was only able to catch up to event after. With party issues that day, I had even problems just getting into public server to catch up to y'all, but finally got to play a barb and even Wdoctor... meh to both :4rofl: I think I just loved ranged now, DH is definitely my fave, Wizard, will have to give a go at it once more, and the Monk looks zippy!

And gratz on getting the gang past Butcher, that guy has terrorized me for too many deaths!

:viking:

gogo