Strangers selling D3 items in game

So late last night, I was playing HC in the Public Games and someone comes in right when I reach a resplendent chest, so I tell him to come get his share of drops.

We talk for a minute and he offers to sell me a couple of gems. Said he'd lost a level 32 and a level 25 toon in the last day and didn't have any gold left to buy gear. I said he should put in the AH w/ an instant buy price but he claimed gems sell slow. Well, coming from the Sacred "what's mine is yours" HC community, I simply gave him 5000 and went on.

So my question is: I definitely dislike people spamming general chat with items but how do you all feel about players approaching you to sell something in a Public Game like that?

Sacred had a small and trusting community. I feel very different about Blizz games.

My rule :- "If you don't know them, you don't trust them." That might seem harsh, but that way you don't get hacked/conned etc.

Plus, I hate those that always have a hard luck story. All of us have lost toons but you pick yourself up and build the next little hero. I might chat on the boards about a loss, but I don't give out hard luck stories in-game as it sounds like your hoping for a handout/charity.

I like to be helpful/friendly, but sometimes you have to be careful too.

So my question is: I definitely dislike people spamming general chat with items but how do you all feel about players approaching you to sell something in a Public Game like that?

I'm not really against live humans asking me for money or wanting to sell money. Depending on how they do it, it could illicit a range of emotions from from mild annoyance, to mirth, amusement, sympathy, outright laughter at a silly price

...pends on my mood.

:)

gogo

p.s just thought of this though...what if, because rmha is in action, instead of ads or bots trying to get us to purchase, they actually get trueblood ingame salesman to peddle wares full time... k, this for me would be weird :blink:

I would actually buy that.

The thought of ingame salesmen. Since it'll be hard business the idea would be plausible, weird, as Gogs said, but plausible.

As of the questing itself, can't really say, as I don't have that much online experience. But I guess it would depend of the first impression you get from the

seller. Just like when your selling something, would it be by phone, or face to face. Kinda interesting mix of those, avatars of real people making business in a game world. :P

Welcome to the future, I'd say. :Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by Stormwing

In-game $, for in-game crap... I don't see any reason not to, but I wouldn't sell/giveaway anything that "mattered". 10% of my total GP as a "gift" probably would be an easy way to make a friend. But as far as people "spamming" chat for it (money/items), that is downright annoying. So, if asked after 30 seconds of playing together, the answer probably no... but if we've killed a couple of bosses and had a good gamesession, definietly yes.

Good on you, Masteff, for sharing the goodies, and helping out someone in need. [D.a.r.k] to the rescue! :superman:

Haha wandering ingame salesmen...what a way to distract from your gaming, instead of knocking on your door they come jump into your game!

Almost as bad as those pesky telemarketers on the phone :mafia:

Due to numerous bad experiences with public games in D2, I'll only be playing private games so I won't have to worry about this :D

Though in the last few days I've gotten friend requests from people selling gold/items/power leveling etc. Least it's easy to delete request