Best weapon drop yet!

Well I'm excited to have finally got a decent drop. Drops certainly far from what I'm used to in Diablo 3 but there is still value to be found in them. As far as I can tell your drops are good for 2 things. Lower level characters or for making gold. Granted, the drop mechanic is quite a bit more complex than that... But! This topic is more about the crazy drop I got yesterday. It's just a rare but a really rare rare! It has reduces level requirement by 7 on it and what a big difference in damage it makes let me tell you.

At first I didn't realize it's worth but when I went to the Auction House to compare other weapons at the same level I was really surprised.

It's a pretty insane difference in damage. :drool: The question now is just how much is it worth? Or should I just keep it to myself? At level 44 I could breeze through many levels with that kind of damage. Choices choices! What would you do?

2lwvexe.jpg1pdx51.jpg

Pretty impressive DPS...shame it doesn't have Vit or Dex as a Monk or barb would scoop that up in a second. I went and looked at other 1H weapons and highest was 127.3. I bet you could get 150k+ if you get the right buyer. With double the DPS of any other comparable weapon you should be able to sell it quickly

As for keeping or selling......I thought I would keep the really good items for my other toons and pretty soon my inventory was overflowing. I would sell myself and make a nice profit

shame it doesn't have Vit or Dex as a Monk or barb would scoop that up in a second.

But, but...it does! :D Haha, very impressive weapon there Schot! I vote to keep it, never know when HC decides to drop you down to level one! :butcher:

Like I said yesterday, thats one hell of a decent weapon! Sell or keep...tough decision. Are you likely to use it any time soon? If not I reckon sell it since you can always buy items with the lower requirement and higher damage by setting the level range max at 60 in the ah and then limiting by lowered level requirements.

Cheers guys! :D Well I really don't want to sell it but I also may not use it for a long time sooooo... I've decided to sell it. For 3 million, lol. If it doesn't sell then I'll try 2 mil and then 1 mil. If it doesn't sell then I'm gonna keep it. Any class can use it so it'll be a keeper I think. Just one problem in the AH though. I can't find it in the listing of of level 44 weapons. It only shows up for the listing of it's initial level requirement of level 52. This means it's value may never be appreciated. :(

In case anyone is curious it's the below that I've put in the AH

2lwvexe.jpg

Reduced level requirement is probably the most broken stat right now :Just_Cuz_21:

You can get a level 60 item with -18 level req, so your level 42 characters dps with 500+ damage weapons...

Don't worry about not seeing it listed, people that are aware of this affix will usually search for it specifically. 1-3 millions sounds like a good price, otherwise it's better to just keep it :)

Ah! Good to know anti. I should have guessed this stat is something that would be sought after. Well it didn't sell for 3mil so now it's on the market for 2.5. I could sure use the cash. At level 60 most any gear worth buying will cost several millions. Yeesh!

Oh and not to worry masteff. Very good point though even without the gem it's about 230 damage. Still double what can be bought at level 44. :drool:

I think I saw this on the auction house today while browsing. Looks like its hit 1.5mil via bids with some time to go! Unless schot has gotten tricky and set a random min bid...

If I had the cash I'd put down a bid, but that's really getting up there! :drunkards: