The Related Word Game - 2017!

33 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

scale => Fujita

I have stood within 12 meters of an F-1 Tornado on the ground.

It's a crying shame that I didn't have my lasso on me at that moment.

:hooyaah:

Fujita -> FujiFilm

Ive never seen a Tornado in real life! Montreal gets non stop snow, but for other events we seem to get a pass

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

Kodachrome -> Ilford

Most of my photos were with the Leica M5 I got from grandpa and Ilford monochrome film.

There was an exhibition at Leica in my birthtown Wetzlar. Guess what, pictures Lenny Kravitz took with his Leica were monochrome too.

There is something special to monochrome. Devoloping in cour own(?) darkroom is way easier and cheaper than colour. 36 shots (12 with a 6*6cm two-eyed Rolleiflex) make you think before shooting. Modern digital cameras shoot 12 pictures a second. When you come back from a celebration you have often 1000 photos you have to look through. So in the end 36 shots developed in a darkrom may be even faster.

lenny3.jpg

illford -> lillith

oooh yah...shes coming back... Diablo 4 .. on its way!

:)

goog

• Appreciation 1

charge -> light cavalry

At the crimean war 1854 600 of the light brigade charged the whole russian army because of unclear orders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade

One of my ancestors and his brothers were in the Kings German Legion. One fought in the Battle of Garcia Hernandez. A very similiar attack, but with luck on the side of the attackers. A dead horse was falling into a carree, opening room in the line of bayonets.

Napoleon faile heavily in attacking carrees at Waterloo.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Lahn-Dill Kreis ->  St Sauveur

super spectacular downhill mountain 50 minutes away.. short mountain but tons of development hence la la nightlife

header-mssi.jpg

I only know Luz-Saint-Sauveur close to the Col du Tormalet. And it isn't known for downhill but one of the hardest uphill passages of the Tour de France.

St Sauveur -> Winterberg

Just across the state border, 25 minutes away: ski jumping, bobsleigh and skeleton tracks,... in summer bicycle downhill below the ski-lifts. Our second was really really good in it till an idiot opened a car door without looking and she crashed into it on the way back from school. 4 years with more or less skin and scar surgeries.

Bikepark-Winterberg-Fahrtechnik-Starter-

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

spring time -> birds

Need no alarm clock , since songbirds of different species start to sing at different times in morning. Common redstart starts 80 minutes before the morning red, starling 15 minutes, ...

Do you know that many small songbirds reduce their brain in winter, they delete brain parts needed for singing and sex. Poor birds. But they build them up again in spring. Some of them grow more parts needed to remember feeding places. Brains of songbirds are interesting to perhaps cure dementia.

Myself I refuse to run but walk quickly with open senses. 30% of energy goes to the brain, so I prefer to burn calories with my brain and not with my monkey legs which are too short for my size after a viral disease in my main growing age.

Article how certain brain parts shrink or grow dependant on season.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jez.2650

Yesterday I started to hear an eurasian wryneck. nicknamed snake necks.

birds -> nauru

160 years of poop (phosphate)  supplied this small island

with the riches of midas...

till the poop ran out

:oooo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1