What to do with all this sheeps ?

bhj

eat them of course

:4rofl:

fårikål

its as easy as it can get and it tastes exquisite :)

LA034%20farikal%20b%201097.jpg

Lamb and cabbage stew (fårikål)

INGREDIENT

1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) lamb

1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) cabbage

black peppercorns

30 g (1 ounce) wheat flour

DIRECTION

Slice shoulder, breast, back or loin of lamb into portions and lay the pieces in a casserole

alternately with layers of cabbage. Sprinkle pepper between the meat and cabbage. Add a little water. (3 dl)

Serve with boiled potatoes.

:P:viking::viking:

OMG

:viking:

bhj!

I am cooking up a huge roast leg of lamb for a family lunch! damn how I wish I had seen this recipe this morning!

Ok...they can only have one slice! I'm making this with left over lamb tomorrow!

muwahaha

Nah I always have plenty of lamb in the freezer!...I sometimes buy a half lamb and have it cut by the butcher into legs and steaks chops etc!

muwahaha I love cabbage!

I love to fry up a lamb chop or 3 and then fry up some cabbage in the meat juices, deglazing the pan with vino, then chuck in shredded cabbage rock salt and a really good squish of fresh lemon and lime juice...server and drool! (works great with any meat actually except chicken)

Your cassarole looks devine!

I am salivating now :P

:viking:

Guest gogoblender

Great pic

And funnily enough, lol, I usually can't stand the taste or smell of lamb. All the eating of goats when I was a kid ( my parents and their weird habits :cow_white: ) made me quickly grow a dislike of the meat. Lamb wasn't really a big thing in our house when we were growing up but..it has sometimes made starring comebacks lately. And usually around christmas and usually at my more "paler" friends houses :cow_white: This time ond of my friends completely outdid themselvse and, the both of them together, her with the guest him with the food cooked the best tasting piece of meat I've ever had in my life.

Lamb so succulent and tender and rare it almost bleated when I bit into it. All lamb should be this good. If the next dinner party I go to serves lamb, they've to some heavy competitition to live up to.

:cow_white:

gogo

• 9 months later...

no new recipe (cos its not needed) :)

but its that time of the year again ike eeeh I mean sheep eating time :D

around this time you can get the best quality lamb meat :)

o.k. this thread has prompted me to get away from beef, pork and chicken and give lamb a try again

but then I am so baaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd

( sorry couldn't resist the pun )sheepjumpinganikx2.gif

And Gogo is listed as a guest:)

And Gogo is listed as a guest:)

maybe there is two of them :o:wow:

@Schot yep you need quite a bit of salt on it (well my taste buds does anyway:) :twitch:

and :ike: What can I say :drool: saying sorry do somehow not seam like enough :devil:

BHJ!! :blink: how could you?!

you just teach them the Norwegian deepest secrets just like that! :twitch: (I have never eaten it. It's too much cabbage)

maybe you are concidering to tell them the secrets about smalahovudet (it's norwegian food and it is the head of a sheep)

I have never eaten that either :P

haha Oh the first recipe is just making me drool Ive been pondering making a lamb meal and may have to hit you guys up for other recipes (my husband hates cabbage, though I love it :blink: )

but the head on a plate... :twitch: um... I don't need the recipe for that one! LOL!