Da Llama hasa new job.

You may not know, but I was made redundant on Friday (Hewitt = teh w@nkers), but I've now got a new job at ViewSonic as a Management Accountant (the area of accountancy I wanted to move back towards after my sojourn in SarBox compliance), starting Monday, which is nice.

:BlobRed:

Guest gogoblender

Llama Congratulations man!

layoffs seem a bit prevalent I think these days...kinda scary stuff goin on out there.

my mom got laid off from the Chevy Chase Bank about a week ago but...within a day she got so many offers from recruiters that she took the severance as a bonus and even enjoyed the time off.

Course, the day it happenned she got all worried and started phoning everyone, but she didn't give herself enough credit I guess cuz bango...she was right back on track in an even better position than before, with the same bank but a different department!

Man, you musta been a bit worried too when it first happenned?

But you got placed so fast...Our high and mighty beancounter back on track.

nicely done!

:BlobRed:

gogo

Perhaps it's a good thing since yer previous job had a lot of restraints on yer internet activity :):blink:

Yes, hopefully that won't be an issue at ViewSonic (it's a much smaller company, so as long as I'm not online outside of lunchtimes, that shouldn't be an issue), plus I get a discount on monitors! :D