Yorkshire Pudding....mmmmmm

Anestty...you started somemthing here :D:bow:

Ok Gogo here is the sacred Yorkshire pudding!

1. Always get someone else to do the whisking

lilhelpercopymc0.jpg

When the oven is hotter than hell and the meat juices and oil is smoking hot...pour it in the tray

readyforovencopypt7.jpg

and...Viola!

yummycopycr0.jpg

Serve with a smile...oh and don't forget the other bits :blink:

restofitcopyyb1.jpg

Come to the darkside (Yorkshire)

Oh I love yorkshire pudding :blink::bow::D

We make it slightly different, not dumplings but one big block and toad in the hole is great too!

:P

~Doom

:blink:

Yup. Now that pictures are beginning to pop into the dark kitchen I have a feeling we're all going to be eating more often, lol.

This is just totally awesome erialc. Nice cooking AND photography! :bow:

bon appetit!

Guest gogoblender

Darlin Claire, you have brought your craft to the net.

There's no stopping your creativity now, especially with the yummies you've brought online. But tell me...gosh that's a lot of food, lol, do you and your family have to eat all of that in one sitting?

:D

The dumplings look amazing and I'm so sad to say that I haven't had any in my life

*sniffle*

*weep weep*

But...I know that on that day you finally come to visit canada yer gonna make tons of those little beauties.

A great leap onto the computer/cullinary stage darlin and man...with the way you just made my stomach feel...I hope you do more.

Cheers!

:bow:

gogo

p.s. I couldn't help but notice how you enlisted the help of one of the kitchen elves.

So tell me are they good workers?

:blink:

Thanks for the cool comments everyone :drunkards:

But tell me...gosh that's a lot of food, lol, do you and your family have to eat all of that in one sitting?

:drunkards:

Noooo we usually have friends over on a sunday so my being unable to cook in small amounts doesn't matter...hehe lots of left overs this week...and ofc some for the dog :drunkards: lol As for the kitchen elves, well they are pretty good but they have to be watched for swiping all the veggies before they are cooked :drunkards:

I thought it was a dessert? mmmm? I may have to check out the internet and get a recipe something new to try. smiley_834.gif

In a couple of days I am going to cook on the charcoal BBQ molasses pork tenderloin on a ceder plank

Edited by Borg
Guest gogoblender
I thought it was a dessert? mmmm? I may have to check out the internet and get a recipe something new to try. smiley_834.gif

In a couple of days I am going to cook on the charcoal BBQ molasses pork tenderloin on a ceder plank

Sweet!

Pic it and let's get ready ta drool

:dance: '

gogo

Oooh please post the recipe!

Can it also be done in the oven? without the plank?...hehe it's waay to cold for the BBQ here Borg :dance:

I have heard of some people having Yorkshire pudding with Jam and such on but ewww not for me...I like it meaty flavoured...just can't imagine them as a sweet. I think historically this was done maybe to use up left overs and maybe as a variation on a theme ?

We make it slightly different, not dumplings but one big block and toad in the hole is great too!

Tim....ooh the big 'one tin' Yorkshires are an art in themselves! Mine have always tended to rise around the edges and thats it (My Mom and Nan made awesome huge ones!...they rose like mountains!)....and yayy for toad in the hole hehe I chop up the sausages and put em in the bun tins hehehe

Well living down here at the end of the highway only 90 miles from Cuba we dont have access to some of the things they have in the mainland. But the the grocery store today I saw they were selling cedar planks and since I knew of recipes I have always wanted to try I bought them. The recipes are for gas or charcoal grills though. Check out this link it has recipes etc

http://www.fireandflavor.com/ barbecue.png

• 2 weeks later...

o.k. I tried it erialc and it came out really good only thing is double the cooking times and near the end take it off the plank and put it right on the grate. I would do it againtrink04.gif

Edited by Borg