Diablo Type Online Game for free? Mythos!

Hey guys

I know a lot of us have been waiting to play HellGate fer a while now, but they have opted to do a very cool kind of testing for their game.

They are going to put it's game engine out on the net for free and turn it into a dif kind of world so that the online peeps can play it while the game company gets advanced testing for the upcoming Hell Gate.

This mini game is called Mythos and it's free!

Like Diablo?

Take a look at the movie, and you can see where it's inspiration comes from :)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167915.html?...estnews;title;1

:whistle:

gogo

p.s if this game takes off they're thinkin of charging five bucks a month.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I'm dragging up an old one here for a couple reasons.

First off, if anyone is interested in this they've advanced a step and have closed the alpha and the beta is "imminent" according to their site.

Secondly, for me at least, was some new info I found out about this (well, it was new to me anyway, but I ignored the game for quite a while). This game is basically online Fate. The creator of Fate (Travis somethingorother, Baldree I think) went to Flagship and put together Mythos as said above, for Hellgate testing. Anyway, if you were like me and a fan of Fate and wondered what it would be like as an MP game, this is definitely one to watch for :D

• 2 months later...

Who of you guys is currently playing the Beta-Version?

As I have an ingame account for Mythos since the old alpha-days, I'd like to know if there's someone else out of the sacred comm, trying it out every now or then...

not that I could say for myself I'm playing it frequently .. but whenever I'm just too bored for everything else, I take a quick look to the mythos-servers for an hour or so..

my own ingame-nick's the same as for sacred intl:

bobcat

right now I'm just not sure if one needs the account name or the correct charname to add each other to the buddy-list :cow_white:

Greetings RL

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 1 month later...

nobody else?

hmm... I enjoy it quite much, even now with the cool content-update featuring zone#2..

account-name: bobcat

Characters:

Rotluchs (level 17 Gadgeteer)

other characters may come soon, whenever you see someone with something like Lynx, Lynx_Rufus bobcat or Rotluchs as charname, it's most likely that it's me :thumbsup:

not sure how it turns out, but if I'm right, you're gonna need a complete new subforum just for Mythos soon, at least after it's public release...

mythos rocks, already now many disappointed HGL beta-testers enjoy say it's better than it's big bro.

oh, and have I mentioned it already? it's gonna be free...

Edited by Rotluchs

sry for double-post, but I have good news again.

well^^ at least for one of you:

FSS decided to honor all current testers with another invite free to use..

so, I have one key left again, the first who sends me his mail adress via PM gets it delivered right away :4rofl:

Woohooo! :D Squeak!! :D Yeeeee!! :lol: Ok! Im setup :) and had a great time this morning! level 4!!

account name : arilaftia (hehe surprise!)

:bow: ty ty ty ty ty!!

Ok just so I am up to speed I have to dl this dungeon runners thing right to play mythos or is there something else I need to dl

Edited by EvilMale

for dungeon runners, you also need a playNC account, which is why I don't play dungeon runners any more at all..

it's also complete crap, more than 50% of items you'll find say 'you can only wear this if you subscribe and pay cash blabla'

for Mythos, as Arilaftia already said, you'll need nothing more.. just the ~350MB installer, and a valid ingame-account