Sacred Underworld Highscore Ladder Contest!

That's right, we're holding the first contest with our spiffy new and improved Underworld ladder this month! The prize is a very snazzy Sacred 2 banner. How snazzy? Let's just say I'm heartbroken that I don't have one and can't win it in this contest :D

You can find more details here, or I'm always around somewhere so if you have questions please do let me know!

• 1 month later...

Hearty congratulations are in order for one of the D.a.r.k. ones! I've just posted the official note that the winner of the contest is none other than Csaszar's (D.a.r.k.) Horsebabe of DOOM!

Congrats Csaszar, and check your PM's next time you're on SIF please :hugs:

Will there be another HC event? and how do you enter it? as I've seen things "characters are not saved on the lobbyserver" and I have seen a Ladder on SIF, how can I get my characters to get there? and what does it mean to be in there? and how do you get "points" ?

Those were my questions for you.

Greetz,

Sylph

Hearty congratulations are in order for one of the D.a.r.k. ones! I've just posted the official note that the winner of the contest is none other than Csaszar's (D.a.r.k.) Horsebabe of DOOM!

Congrats Csaszar, and check your PM's next time you're on SIF please :P

Carolyn, this news is fantastic!!

We'll open up a congratz thread immedietely here for Csaszar...

Well done my friend!

So proud your here dude.

:hugs:

gogo

Will there be another HC event?

how do you enter it?

I've seen things "characters are not saved on the lobbyserver" and I have seen a Ladder on SIF, how can I get my characters to get there?

what does it mean to be in there?

and how do you get "points" ?

1) The ladder contest wasn't specific to HC, it's just that an HC character won. Due to differences in the ladder formula's though, it was limited to characters on the Underworld servers. I don't expect there to be any HC specific official events, but could certainly be wrong. I would expect more closed.net official events, but to be honest was surprised that the ladder contest didn't generate more interest/discussion so couldn't swear to it.

2) All characters on the ladder are automatically included.

3) Your character should be automatically added to the ladder if a) it's on closed.net, and b) in your settings.cfg file the "ladder_export" field has a value of 1 (I believe that's the default value). There have been a few isolated cases of characters not being on the ladder when the 2 criteria were met that was concluded to be the result of corruption to them, but in general people haven't had this problem. Note that if you're in a game and see the "server has lost connection to the lobbyserver" message, if you don't stay on until the connection is restored (usually just a few minutes), your character's changes won't be saved from the time the connection between the game and lobby servers was interrupted.

4) It means you're on the list and can compare yourself to other players on your respective server (Plus and Underworld servers are both subdivided into HC and SC) if you want. It also allows people who check the ladder to see your character and some details about it (by clicking on the character's name on the ladder).

5) The ladder point formula is described here. It's very complex, but was set up to include more factors than just character level (as it used to be) based on extensive input from the Intl and German communities.

Whew, I think that's all :D

Thx for the announcement and your detail explanation about the event. :D

Now this is very exciting. And I'm very excited that I'm talking non-sense. Oh and gogo has started the congrat thread here already. Everyone its time to celebrate.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=4955&hl=

(Btw, I didn't realize there was a ladder contest, I have missed this thread entirely for some reason)

@Carolyn

Hmm, but I cannot find myself when I search for myself on sacred-game.com ? Nor can I enter "Highscore options" I have check and my value toe xport is "1" as it's supposed to be, I have sacred UW so, what do I need to do to find myself in the "ladder" ?

thanks in advance,

Sylph

Sylph: The ladder is very confusing.

First, when it opens Sacred, not underworld ladder is displayed. Click the button that says Underworld (at the top) to select UW ladders. In other words, when the button says Underworld, you are NOT looking at the underworld ladders.

Also, by default, the softcore ladder is displayed, so you need to click "HardCore" too.

At that point, you should be in the list somewhere.

Nope, still nothing, why don't you try to search for me somewhere? if you can find me I must be doing something wrong I suppose...

Sylph

I've just got you up on there, 2x BM's level 6 + level 8

sylph.jpg

Simon

Well.. I only have one BM for starters, and may it be a difference that if you click start or press [enter] ?

... I'm still wondering :)

But U found my BM now aswell, thanks, I suppsoe you have to click instead of pressing enter.

Sylph

Please Sign In or Sign Up