Regarding Ari's Avatar and Sig

The sig contains a fragment from Luis Royo, and I bet the avatar also. I'm a huge fan of his and I'm saving to buy his new book :bye: I'm not showing a link because a lot of his pictures contain an idea more.... adult(?) content then acceptable here.

ps: Erialc also has her avatar from him :PP

Edited by dicknail

LOL Who me:) Na! :bye:

I am an artist in RL but I haven't delved into photoshop heavily yet, Though I am getting quite good at fonts!!

The art work is Luis Royo who did this several in a series of this woman. I just saw me in it, so fell in love with it (Have to get that sword replica someday soon! )

Ill post a pic of one of the beadwork necklaces Ive made though, show off my real work a bit :Just_Cuz_21:

show1.jpg

Wow!

Ari, I just KNEW you were a hidden artiste!. lol, there was a style to your avatars and sigs that kept drawning my eye and this artist that you're inspired by is fantastic. After I saw his name I quickly googled him and realized that Claire, as noted above, love the same artist!

And the work you did on that bead necklace...amazing. I wish I had the patience to do stuff like that...Don't know how you do it.

Is it a relaxation hobby?

Or have you turned it into a business?

I'm looking forward to seeing your work here.

Thank you for that picture!

:cow_white:

gogo

:D Thank you Gogo!! :)

Hehehe It is funny, It does take a lot of patience to do one of these necklaces, But I am the most impatient person you've ever met (Inside anyway!) I'm usually I'm the type who wants it all and I want it now! :)

It is (Was for a bit here, needed a break!) a hobby/ business, when I can find buyers. It can be hard to get the value of the time I put into them back out again, so for the most part its something I do when I have spare time for neat things to wear or decorate my house with. I do have a website (where I try) to sell some of my designs but I'm not quite ready so show off my soft and fuzzy side yet! (Don't want to tarnish my rep yet! LOL)

Ari!~

Well what's a better hobby than one that can earn you a few bucks? :D

Nicely done, that would have took me an era to finish, and it wouldn't look like anything we have on earth. :)

ahh Royo yeah some of it might get a censor stick here hehe like the giger can also get too :D....Ari excellent necklace, that must have taken forever...it's great to see another jeweller on here, I daddble too. I find it really relaxing and not so often but on occaision it actually pays! :)

Oh I just love Royo, I have much of his work, and even the women he's drawn are just beautiful LOL (This is from an artists perspective eye only! :4rofl: )

Yay Another Jeweler :faerie: , I would love to see your work!

I would love to see your work!!

ahh Thanks Ari and I yours :faerie: How long did it take you to make the bead work necklace Ari?..it's incredible!

I'm house/dog sitting for my parents atm so could only find these 2 pics on my photobucket, not being home makes it a pain when I think oh I can use that and then go doh nope it's not my pc!

I made these for one of Spawn (Rik) who's girlfriend was celebrating her 21st, hehe I wanted to keep them for myself. I love working with silver and semi precious stones! Hopefully if everything goes to plan (heh it never does though) I want to start a silversmith course later in the year.

Pendant.jpg

Bangle1.jpg

I looooove your set Ari and by the wee bit that I got to know you on the servers I think they suit you perfectly! :faerie:

And um. Like, wow. You too have some talent there. Ever consider opening up shop together? Eri-Ari or Ari-Eri designs anyone? Oh! Or maybe EriirA designs. Hahaha. I could go on forever!

Beautiful work you two. And more ontopically(:4rofl:)

Great set!

hehehe TY Schot! :faerie::4rofl:

oooooo, I'm in total awe here, I wanted to work in sterling for years! Is that PMC:) Those are just beautiful!!

I was stuck with a creaters block this year so was thinking of going stained glass or silver (Ended up trying candles of all things, but they are the more moon, mystical type) so have to wait a while now!

:twitch:

No Ari it's Baltic Amber I absolutely love working with it. I tried to source some green amber earlier in the year and it was soooo expensive but it's absolutely wonderful :twitch: It can be hard to photograph though to show the characters of it. Most of everything I make I use semi precious stones and silver but it gets hugely exspensive. I was lucky this year to find a wondeful bullion dealer who is great and sell only fully assayed silver (sterling and fine)..hehe they do sell gold too but not only do I not like gold I've not tried working with it ....yet. They are great though they have a massive catalgue of findings, blanks etc but they will also make up silver components to order on a comission basis but hehe it's as is everything, expensive :S

Cool candles, do you have any pics of the ones you make Ari? Do you add scents and things to them too? I'd love to see your jewellery too. The bead work must take a lot of hours? Do you draw out a design first and then use a frame or something to make them?

Oh Thats awesome though! I have yet to get a simple stone to rest right in a ring! LOL Oh Have you tried ? http://www.firemountaingems.com, I find they have the best prices for buying in massive amounts.

hehehe Well Ive only made one ball candle so far... I really need alot of learning yet to go on that! But I will share what I do in RL when I feel the need to create. :twitch:http://www.sarahsbeadingobsession.com I am in the middle of making it better and not so frilly and cutesy too :twitch:

(Oh so my name will be revealed... but I like Ari wayyyyyyy more, the other is so blaaa) :twitch:

Edited by Ari'Laftia

Wow Ari!! :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: Thats an awesome site! your work is incredible! It's certainly a place I will be visiting a lot! Thanks so much for the linky...oooh they are not badly priced either! hehe I just have to watch for the taxes on this end though with buying from overseas....pesky taxes!

Once again :) on your site and incredible work!

Ah thank you!, (Its still in progress when I can tear myself away from here and Sacred, which isnt very often! :bow:

Sarari! LOL Sounds too much like safari! or something you would wear! LMAO!