Hmmmm a sig eh? Hmmmm

I am beginning to feel undressed without a sig. I held off because I felt it used too much memory (repeated over 100 times). But, well yes, I begin to feel undressed.

Could someone manage something beautiful for me? Perhaps using some of the themes from the brilliant avatar image that you cooked up for me.

Beyond that I have no ideas. Am I entitled to a Fellowship of DM label or anything? Do I need a clever slogan?

Lettering? Colours? I will look around and come back.

Everyone and anyone can use any sig they want as long as, if they're not a member of the D.a.r.k. clan, they don't use one of the official D.a.r.k devices.

Fellowship of DarkMatters

DarkMatters

FDM

Anything...all cool and dandy for everyone and open to all inspired creativity.

Have fun Bondbug

:lol:

gogo

I am less sure now. When I look thro the forum, where there is an impression of most people having sigs, I notice that it is more a question that the people who have sigs post a lot!

I like the lettering on Epox', I like the impact of Tim of Dooms', I like Ari Lafta's. Clear lettering, not too much of it. Orange I suppose (for the Bug), autumn colours (for my age). It would need to go with the avatar colours. But open to any suggestions.

Edited by Bondbug

Definitely get a sig if you want to use that space, Bondbug. They're fun, they are allowed on this site and it's another way of being creative. Cool thing here is that sigs don't have to be graphic at all. You can be creative with quotes, links, info...anything. Find something that's you and that you wish to express with every post and you've got your sig.

Cheers

:lol:

gogo

Well so far I have resisted the urge to use any FDM tagged sig. I love mine, plus I'm too lazy to produce another either. :lol:

Its certain up to you, actively posting or not. That's certainly not a requirement to get yourself a sig. Give us an idea, I'm sure somebody can work it out. :D

I want to play more with the sigs here, But for some reason my PS is acting up and I need to find out what the scratch file is and how to clean it out :D (Hopeing its just a blond moment here) :lol:

I hope to have it fixed soon!

I like it! I like it! How can I blow it up a bit to get the detail?

Mind you, speaking as a ruddy ignorant peasant, who are Condor and the Nazgul. I think my reading and understanding of the plot are a bit shaky, I am too busy trying to survive to take in these details.

I have got as far as Wilmur and Prince somebody, and a fair lady, and a baddy in a castle, but as to whose side I am on or against who...ah, well.

If it has the wrong colour circle round its feet I bash it.

Edited by Bondbug

The max height of sig files on FDM is 150 pixels, so that is as big as the image gets.

Gondor and the Nazgul are Lord of The Rings references . . . Gondor being the largest human kingdom, and the Nazgul (or Ring Wraiths) being Sauron's most powerful servants. The font makes the G look like a C. :whip:

Sorry, I did not mean I wanted it made it bigger here, but I would like to look at this piece of magic in more detail. Can I import it to here and blow it up to look?

My wife is a Lord of the Rings fanatic, she has put me in the picture. I had forgotten these names. Not sure I want the Ring wraiths to have my BondBug, they are a bad lot. You will have me riding a pterodactyl next. Come to think of it I would not mind that (not on the sig I hasten to add). And now it is explained I like the following up of The Ring thread. The slogan is brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, I think the sig is great. Thats why I would like to get closer to it!

After thought...Whose side is this Bond Bug on anyway?

Sold to the old gent with the white beard. If I can pick up an old Bond Bug you and Schot and Ari' will get the first ride(s)

Edited by Bondbug

I'll send you the original picture(s) when I get home. Glad you like it. :P

As to the role of the Bond Bug, well, I don't want to give too much away, but for those who have seen the movies, and read the books, you should know that things are not always as they seem. Although it certainly appears, during such D.a.r.k. times, that all is lost and with the Nazgul in control of the Bond Bug surely not even the White Wizard could persevere . . . But perhaps that is a green banner with a white tree in the windshield? :angry:

I read the book way back. Wife reades and re-reads it all the time, between David Eddings sessions.

We only saw the first movie. It was too much like a Hack-n-slash PC game, offended her ladyship by (quite rightly) missing out bits of the book, and (unnesessarily) changing some of the characters. So we didn't see the follow-ups.

Your subtlety is impressive.

Accepted with delight. :bounce: What is the next move? I seem to remember that the avatar just appeared as if by magic - perhaps 'it's magic' should be the forum slogan