Forum Update has happened: Ipb 2.3 is here

Hey hey all.

Well things are moving and moving fast it seems. Our Forum software provider has released yet another upgrade for the forum which will improve the efficiency of our home here as well as adding some fancy new locks to improve security. This won't be as involving as the last one though. Fear not. We will be down sometime within the next few days but the amount of downtime is expected to only last 20 minutes. Not too painful I hope. We'll have the bar stocked doubley to make up for the trauma of the being cut off though. :woot:

Bigger Better Faster Stronger.

Cheers!

I'm battening down the hatches and getting ready for another one. Apparently, word is that this next version of our software comes with an even faster engine with some great skin options.

Here's to the next update!

:cry:

gogo

The new update snuck up in on us during the middle of the night, lol!

A few of the bbcodes don't seem to be working, namely videos. If you guys notice that or anything else that is out of sync, please post commentary here and we'll get to them as fast as we can.

Cheers!

:angry:

gogo

p.s. there is a new skin offerred by ipb with this update. It's called Pro and you can switch to it by using the skin selector bottom left of the Index (Front) page.

Good question Rotluchs :angry:

The member group that you are in allows editing of all posts up to 24 hours after the post has been made. This helps with the workload of the mod team in checking links, posts and movies for dubious anythings :).

However, with the large number of reference contributions now being submitted to DarkMatters, we've been asked this question a few times now over the last little regarding better editing privilleges for community members that are not a part of the Fellowship.

What we can say about this is that we are studying the creation of a special user group that will be a members group but possess better editing rights with applications for this group open to anyone that wants to apply for it via pm to an admin. We will then review the applicant's history and pm back a response. We'll make an announcement regarding this shortly. In the interim, anyone that wishes to go back in and edit a post they have made that has exceeded the 24 hour limit, need only pm any admin and we will accord tempory editing rights to any trust person. We only ask that the person pm us back saying they are finished after which we will return the rights back to normal.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

:P

gogo

Hehe. Good call Timo. :P

There are quite a few glitches that I've come across and corrected. The update kinda messed up bbcode and embeded stuff. Thanx for letting us know Timo and please feel free to point other errors if you see them. :P

Thanks everyone for the help here. We're catching small crop ups here and there but it looks like the help we're getting with you guys is really helping us put the forum back in order.

TY guys

:P

gogo

• 4 months later...

Hi,

just wanted to point out to this, as a small reminder... it's been quite a long time...

''Will I ever be able to edit own posts&threads I started myself?''

(at least I had forgotten it completely,

but recently it came up to my mind again when I tried to edit the Mythos Account&Charname List:

Good question Rotluchs :cow_white:

The member group that you are in allows editing of all posts up to 24 hours after the post has been made. This helps with the workload of the mod team in checking links, posts and movies for dubious anythings ;).

However, with the large number of reference contributions now being submitted to DarkMatters, we've been asked this question a few times now over the last little regarding better editing privilleges for community members that are not a part of the Fellowship.

What we can say about this is that we are studying the creation of a special user group that will be a members group but possess better editing rights with applications for this group open to anyone that wants to apply for it via pm to an admin. We will then review the applicant's history and pm back a response. We'll make an announcement regarding this shortly. In the interim, anyone that wishes to go back in and edit a post they have made that has exceeded the 24 hour limit, need only pm any admin and we will accord tempory editing rights to any trust person. We only ask that the person pm us back saying they are finished after which we will return the rights back to normal.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

:4rofl:

gogo

Edited by Rotluchs