Kamikaze Sunday: June24h, Biggest Turnout Ever.

Hi Everyone!

A big thank you to all of the participants of this week's Kamikaze! It was our biggest turnout yet, with many people from all of the clans and different communities.

WPC

Clan DA

Dark Templars

D.a.r.k.

Everyone showed up in great spirits, runes were given out again by Schot as party favors, and it was great to see all of our friends having a great time.

shot0115.jpg

This time, with so many on the servers, two teams were organized, with one going off east to feast on spiders while went west to seek out heads and good fortune. I was with team two in the western desert and was happy to enjoy the company of others as we headed into the deep desert looking to snare the experience off of unwary orcs and chieftains. With the two teams splitting up this way, we were all able to enjoy the presence of our friends, while cutting down on the lag. Schot had mentioned that turning off all our background processes (eg. MSN) would help and we all had our settings to modem. What resulted was a marked improvement in game performance and I believe this was one of the best times out yet. Our team had me on horseback rousting and bringing in orc mobs, while the group's ambush of fire, piercing hits and slashes would quickly crisp the unsuspecting villains as they rode in. After about half an hour of this, the suggestion was made to take out D'cay and so the party ventured forth. At this point, our party was comprised of only three, with Smashly and DaveO, as others were on breaks, and our surprise and unexpected interlude upon the sleeping dragon brought forth fiery breath and claw as we dug down deep to take out the beast.

shot0116.jpg

With only three of us the battle rages on...lack of firepower and a small party made skipping out of the way of his poisonous exhalations a much needed reliance.

shot0117.jpg

Celestial light, fiery disc, slashing melee and pounding horses brought the beast to bay!

shot0119.jpg

And so...what to do next?

DaveO's quick mention of the Ice Elves and their deeds of evil brought the group to a decision to go forth and bring justice to their lands. A quick trip to the island to stock up on pots and we were off through wood and slapping bears as the party went forth carefully with visions of righteousness in their heads. Rooster was along now as well, with Smashly too, our party had grown, and with it our confidence in the future. Yes, those Ice elves would pay. Our incursion into their wooded lands brought down our use of energies, spell, hoof and might...the battles were ferocious, but so was our resolve.

shot0120.jpg

Many pots were swigged, many cries were cried, but still the group foraged ahead, bringing all it's might to bear down upon these sylvan denizens of leers and evil.

shot0121-1.jpg

The swoop of lifebars up and down, red flashes, now coming with faster frequency, Celestial light boring down with multiple castings, disks bearing down with renewed attacks, the party falters, but regains momentum with an exciting come back!

shot0123.jpg

This league of Ice elves' power almost broken, when ANOTHER party of Ice elves joins the fray...alas...this chronicler is hit with a spectacular bolt of dazling purple light that bores down from the heavens with a corruscating, fell intent!

shot0122-1.jpg

Blinded by light, and blasted to no life in my health bar, I mash upon the space bar while crying...Lag Monster...Lag Monster!

Good bye, fair folk.

My life as a softcore chraracter has now begun, this seraphim's tale is no more. She was transformed in the midst of battle into a creature of the Open Servers. But her sister will return, armed with sword and spell. Ever ready to battle with friend again.

Cheer and again...thank you everyone for coming!

:cow_white:

gogo

p.s. As noted the chroniclers life ended at this point, and so we will have to wait upon someone else to take up the tale. :hugs:

it was great fun gogo too bad for your mighty toon as she was probably hammered on by the dreaded lag monster see ya on the servers real soon bud.

Sorry to hear of your loss Gogo. I feel party to blame since I really should have thought more about how dangerous those Ice Elves are. It's an area that one truly needs to be on their toes and fully alert while doing their best to survive difficult encounters. I think we should avoid further excursions to the Ice Elves for the next session or two since it's not quite as survivable as other easier areas. As usual, I gave away some waypoints at the end of the session to others of the group.

P.S. - EvilMale, I hope R00ster and the others gave you a good brief tour of Underworld.

heh, not yours or anyone's fault, DaveO. What happened, was that lagging wasn't letting me see the hits I was taking while standing in the middle of that huge firestorm. When the server caught up, Kablam...my bar was robbed of all the red at once and a pot seemed to bring me back to life and I was able to play with you guys for a few minutes after in the hc servers, but the game meanwhile had transformed me into Soft Core Character on the Hardcore servers.LOL! Only when I logged out to get to the island to get us to ZN, I ony then realized about the transformation. This Softcore transformation has happenned to others in HC before, so I'm taking Frosty's advice on sending a pm to Ascaron about a character reset and am hoping for the best.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Well if you don't get a character reset, you're welcome to tag along while leveling up again for next Sunday's session. I tend to get on very early in the morning here, but it would be around 1930 GMT or so.

Ascaron can do an account reset - which will involve ALL your characters. I suppose thats not a problem since you've only been playing the 1 . . .

Phenomenal telling of the tale gogo. And pictures too! Those last two pics are totally awesome. :P

But Softcore gogo?! Say it ain't so! Haha. That is really a bum deal. Given what frosty and gial say I'm hoping Ascaron can resurrect you from SC. Your latest star seraphim may yet burn all to ash on the HC servers. :)

I have to admit when it was mentioned that you guys were approaching D'cay for a surprise visit I was painfully tempted to suggest team 1 join up for that fun. It took everything I had to resist, lol. It would have very likely ended up in a lag fest and possibly, deaths.

Team 1 comprised most often of gial, evilmale, Ari'laftia, Sylph and myself engaged the eastern parts of the desert from Khorad-Nur. Warming up our characters team 1 executed their skills with precision against the immediate, orcs and undead. After traveling some time eastward the team came upon the passage to Shaddar-Nur and the ever famous great battle between Orc and Undead. Quickly dispatching the rival groups without mercy we were now within the realm of Shaddar-Nur and what lay ahead we well knew and were eager to find. Land of the giant tarantulas. They definitely bring some excitement to the game not to mention the sakarra priests who tend to often be near the hulking masses of leg, hair and poisonous spit making the task a precarious one. Not a problem for us though as we systematically ruined their best efforts. They never had a chance. None of them...

It was a truly fantastic Kamikaze Sunday I'm very happy to say. With each Sunday it just gets better and better and I am honoured to be a part of the great folks who come to have some simple, good O'l fashioned fun. :)

I was very confused when I saw in the other thread that gogo has gone SC. I was like Holy Hannah!... :P

GL with your toon reset, SC is just not cool man. :)

SC is as miles said "not cool" immortals should be able to die aswell! although it could be handy for testing stuff...

Gogo, why make an SC character:) tell us!

Sylph

EDIT

Wasn't a nice thing I said, my apoligies

heh, I played SC for about a month before I realized that I was beginning to count on the Insta-rebirth factor as a part of my builds. I was beginning to neglect defense and was relying upon the fact that if I died in game I could instantly "blip" back into the game.

:hugs:

After a while, Sacred got super boring and I almost quit it.

Enter Sandalphon and his amazing post and pic of his seraphim in Niobium with the words Hardcore on it which I one day read about in the SIF. I researched the term on the SIF, actually made a first character and ...an addiction was born!

:D

I conned a bunch of friends into playing it, started spamming the SIF :P with everything we were all doing in the HC servers and a few weeks later a craze began. Up to this point, I think there were only a few souls (Roster?) playing online before the masses got online. Lexchicky, at that point, decided to harness the new interest seen on the SIF that had had begun to go nuts with the HardCore craze. Lex then created the HardCore Corner for us all to place our guides and tips into to help everyone out with not dying.

And so was born Online Hardcore Craziness for Sacred andI've never looked at Soft Core again.

Woot!

:)

gogo

so.. why play softcore again? you got me into playing sacred full time again, and pplayinh HC on top of that, and above all, you had me delete my Shield of the gods, my beautifull seraphims and my utterly fantastic Woof Elf! so don't come to me and say "Iw anna play SC" what's the reason behind it ! please, lift that burden off my shoulders before I start having regret for what I did!

Sylph

...((Did it work?))...

heh, I'm not Sylph. lol, as I posted above, the game transformed me against my will into a softcore one. This is the reason why I have asked Ascaron for a game reset which I've now got my fingers crossed over.

Go Ascaraon!

:hugs:

gogo

Can't you use your 1337 connections (my dad's with the maffia and I play godfather the game too!)? I mean, customer service is there to help you right?... riight:)

Sylph