Sheffield flooded, 100 flood warnings for Yorkshire :(

Got some freinds in Alwreas Litchfield who we spoke to yesterday said it wasn't to bad there although it's the Severn and the Trent running through there and it's flat.

Hope all is well with you Pevil and we hear from you soon!

It is amazing how mother nature is acting lately.

Hurricanes, floods, or amazing hot temperatures. Nothing is normal anymore.

Good luck everyone and I hope everybody is OK

Wow. Talk about a wake-up call. I've kind of had this sense that it's the forum here and everything will always be alright with everyone but the flood troubles in England are a blaring siren to the contrary. I'm so glad you guys are ok Claire and Tim. Hoping that Pevil is the same. :hugs:

I've read up on a lot of the articles about the flood and ther's just such incredible tragedy. Really does show how fragile we are and how much we gotta stick together.

My thoughts are for you guys, your families, your friends. Everyone. hug.gif

Glad to see Claire and Tim, you guys are okay :angry: To all your families, more hugs too. And too Pevil... I'm just gonna keep thinkin of her well being and I know this will make her ear tingle and she'll show up on msn, she's a tuff girl and I know she'll get through this too.

rawr!

:hugs:

gogo

Thanks Tim. I know Walsall. It was on our route south in the days before the M6 was built !! If Walsall is at risk then what of Birmingham? We get no news here but what you guys post. Is all the rain down from the Welsh mountains yet if that is the problem with the Severn. Does that put Worcester at risk? I remember seeing the old flood level markings there. I know that when we get floods here it is usually heavy rain not here but in central France and it takes about 5 days to get here - usually during a very dry spell and a bit of a shock.

And with all that Claire is moderating away as if nothing was happening! Atta gel!

I'm sure pevil is fine, she probably saved all the games from the flood in her general area as well. :angry: She might have lost her power and cannot get on the internet that's all. :hugs:

hehe Bond I am lucky after finally having gotten home but thanks for your comments ;):hugs:

heres a Midlands update for you of sorts (before coming back to Sheffield I spent 10 years living in Morville just outside Bridgnorth, Shropshire, right on the banks of the severn and remember those massive floods a few years ago)..I don't half waffle eh!

Well Ludlow, the bridge collasped that crosses Ludlow :) taking out a gas pipe with it, so many homes were evacuated. As you can imagine Worcester has been hit hard, and I guess everything around the Severn, the thing with these floods are that they seem to have hit a hell of a lot of the country. If you want me to find out anything specific Bond please feel free to ask, I'm still incontact with friends around Bridgnorth, Morvilee Shrewsbery etc and ofc enjoy searching the net for more info.

My radio is permanently tuned to the local Radio station Radio Sheffield and on the net I am checking out for the power rationing we have and transport news. The M1 has finally reopened and as for the Ulley Dam it seems to be holding with the efforts of pumping it away and engineers attempting to hold the walls.

Only thing is we are back on an early warning again for the weekend ...20 - 30 mm of rain is predicted wirth estimates from the met office of possibly 50mm falling :S...hope that holds off as people are starting the horrendous task of cleaning up and the last thing needed is more flooding.

We have had a few more roads collapse but everyone seems to be coping as best they can and keeping smiling :angry:

Hereford/Worcester

Thanks Claire. Poor Worcester, it is such a fine town. No we have no one nearer than Darlington. But I know your area a bit. We spent a couple of holidays on the canals around Stone/Stoke/Marple, and Worsley, and at one time you could hardly move out of the north-east without going by Leeds or Sheffield. Also drove a number of excursions around your area. Yorkshire is my natal county, but more east, the moors and the dales.

I expect Hillsborough will be out of action for a while. What about Bramall Lane?

Wrong again. I forgot my wife is from Shipley and has family there. I rang them the day I saw your news. Also on high ground. There is a cousin who works in a bank in Sheffield. But no one knows how to contact him. And I had not realised that a grandson (by adoption so to speak) is at Sheffield Uni. He is apparently in residence on a hill and on the third floor, but they were 'marooned' for two days. Also some flooding in the Darlington area. They are on a hill but have had 6" of flood water in the garden - but not in the house.

The weekend forecast is bad. We will be away from early Sunday, in the Pyrenees, no electricity, and out of touch. I doubt if the papers down there will have much news from Yorkshire!

Edited by Bondbug